Pattaya Pizza Soi Buakow

Jimmyd

Thanks for the Loaf review Jing...I too was holding back on mentioning this great find, and especially their Wednesday pizza buffet) so as to keep more of it available for me. However, with your non-endorsement, I can probably rest assured that I can continue to get a seat at this smallish place and stuff my face on Wednesdays for little money.

PS: Also one of the best pizzas in Patters IMHO.

PPS: For those with cars, validated parking is available at Eureka Lodge.

Do you mean Areca Lodge in Soi Diana? Located halfway between Second road and Soi Buakhow on the right hand side if you are coming up Soi Diana from Second road. If there is a Eureka lodge I have not heard of it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recommend Hugo's pizza on Arunothai. The pepperoni pizza (290b) is excellent and there are tables to eat-in or you can take-out. Hugo uses gruyer cheese instead of mozzarela cheese, so it is more European than American, but still an excellent pie!! One size of pie fits all.

Hugo is 250 meters south on Arunothai (also known as Pattaya Klang Soi 1)from the corner of Pattaya Klang and ArunoThai. That is the corner of the former Carrefour, now known as Big C Extra.

Edited by cigar7

There is a nice Pizza Place at Tip Plaza, last Restaurant on the right side if you come from 2. road its the last Restaurant on the right side before you go towards beach rd. I do not know there name but it has a sign outside with pizza written on it. It is a good pizza for only 200 Baht (Tuna with onions) up to 230 Baht (Calzone) for a big Pizza with 8 pices. But you will not feel overly full, as its so thin. Dough is nice and if you like a Pizza you should give it a try. It is not up to Italian standards, but its very good for Pattaya standards. They are there since at least 4 years and I hope they will stay for many more.

Although not a massive pizza fan, i do like one occasionally when the fancy takes me. There is a very good little place at the bottom of Soi Buakhow called ' Mickey and Albys'. On the right hand side going down, about 100 metres before the Tues- Friday market. Italian owned and run, many Italians sitting there every night which must be a good sign i think. Great pizzas, also other Italian dishes are top notch.

• 3 weeks later...

Loads of people enjoying the Loaf pizza buffet this evening. Never seen so many. And it does have the advantage of ensuring that the fresh hot pizzas keep on coming (if you can find a seat). I wonder if they advertised somewhere this week?

Starting this weekend the buffet is Wednesday and also Saturday, and they now do a loyalty card.

They deserve to do well.

For delivery Pizza try Nick the Pizza- no online ordering but has menu online. Free delivery till 5 am which is great for late arrivals, they also have western menu which is limited but delicious.

PIzza's are Thin and Crispy only..yumee

One of the absolutely WORST pizzas I have ever had in ANY country!

Loads of people enjoying the Loaf pizza buffet this evening. Never seen so many. And it does have the advantage of ensuring that the fresh hot pizzas keep on coming (if you can find a seat). I wonder if they advertised somewhere this week?

Starting this weekend the buffet is Wednesday and also Saturday, and they now do a loyalty card.

They deserve to do well.

Well, it's been discussed a lot on this site, and also they do some good facebook marketing.

I'd like to hear if new people trying this place agree with me that they don't use nearly enough CHEESE and also that the crust has almost no flavor. Otherwise, it's super!

Edited by Jingthing

For delivery Pizza try Nick the Pizza- no online ordering but has menu online. Free delivery till 5 am which is great for late arrivals, they also have western menu which is limited but delicious.

PIzza's are Thin and Crispy only..yumee

One of the absolutely WORST pizzas I have ever had in ANY country!

totaly agree very bad

They deserve to do well.

Well, it's been discussed a lot on this site, and also they do some good facebook marketing.

I'd like to hear if new people trying this place agree with me that they don't use nearly enough CHEESE and also that the crust has almost no flavor. Otherwise, it's super!

I've introduced half a dozen friends to Loaf's pizza buffet (a good excuse for me to go more often than I should) and everyone has loved the pizzas...as do many posting here as well. In fact, I think yours have been the only negative comments about the place so maybe it's your taste in pizzas that's outside the norm :o

It was this week especially that there was a big increase in numbers. They must have done something recently. The girl behind the desk said "busy, busy, today" when I commented on how many people there were. They coped well though, and there were double the staff numbers they usually have.

Facebook: I'm probably the only IT professional on the entire planet who has never actually looked at the content (as opposed to the layout and structure) of any Facebook page. In fact I dont really understand why anyone goes on Facebook at all. It seems so totally superficial and pointless, like watching sport or going to discos or getting a tattoo. I suppose that's exactly the sort of person Facebook appeals to.

"...It seems so totally superficial and pointless, like watching sport or going to discos or getting a tattoo..."

Khun D,

Interesting point. I, too, have never partaken in Facebook or Twitter. What makes each of these three other things, "superficial & pointless," in your mind?

B)

Edited by Michaelaway

• 4 weeks later...

All eat-in/drink-in prices now plus 10% service charge.

Still quite busy on Wednesdays, with what seems to be a regular contingent from the Pattaya Expats' Club/Frugal Freddie.

Pizza buffet also on Saturday now, but not as busy from what I saw.

I still dont know why the customer numbers went up so high for that one week.

All eat-in/drink-in prices now plus 10% service charge.

Still quite busy on Wednesdays, with what seems to be a regular contingent from the Pattaya Expats' Club/Frugal Freddie.

Pizza buffet also on Saturday now, but not as busy from what I saw.

I still dont know why the customer numbers went up so high for that one week.

I think you're discussing a different shop than the one in the title. That sounds like the Loaf Bakery & Cafe.

When did they start charging you the 10% service charge for eating in. I was there last weekend and they didn't then.

Edited by tropo

I think you're discussing a different shop than the one in the title. That sounds like the Loaf Bakery & Cafe.

When did they start charging you the 10% service charge for eating in. I was there last weekend and they didn't then.

I was indeed talking about the Loaf, as I had been all through this thread. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

The price went up on Aug 1.

I was indeed talking about the Loaf, as I had been all through this thread. Sorry if that wasnt clear.

The price went up on Aug 1.

Too bad. Last time I was there was July 30.

Hopf has the best pizza(and service) I have had in Pattaya.

Pizza Big in Naklua gets my vote for #2.

PizzaPizza I tasted should also get a mention.

Every place is different so keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there any chance you could tell us how to find these shops?

Hopf has the best pizza(and service) I have had in Pattaya.

Pizza Big in Naklua gets my vote for #2.

PizzaPizza I tasted should also get a mention.

Every place is different so keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there any chance you could tell us how to find these shops?

The "Hopf" may refer to the German beef pub and restaurant at the bottom of Soi Yamoto (opposite the Starbucks) on beach road. I like their bacon pizza (no sauce)...a little different and quite tasty. Pizza Big is about 250 meters up from the Dolphin roundabout on Naklua Road...just a few shops down (back towards the roundabout) from Bon Cafe.

I had an excellent calzone at the Hopf. I would add some extra ingredients though. I don't like the atmosphere much, too touristy for me. My last few visits to Big Pizza were my last. It seemed to have gone downhill. The very last one the pizza came very burnt underneath and when I showed it to the staff, they more or less thought it was very funny, offering me nothing. I can forgive cooking mistakes occasionally but can't forgive that kind of service.

BTW, this is kind of funny. I think I may have developed a serious lactose intolerance and am experimenting with my diet now to verify it. If so, no more pizza reviews from me! Interestingly, while looking into this, I found a source saying 98 percent of Thais are lactose intolerant!

Edited by Jingthing

I had an excellent calzone at the Hopf. I would add some extra ingredients though. I don't like the atmosphere much, too touristy for me. My last few visits to Big Pizza were my last. It seemed to have gone downhill. The very last one the pizza came very burnt underneath and when I showed it to the staff, they more or less thought it was very funny, offering me nothing. I can forgive cooking mistakes occasionally but can't forgive that kind of service.

BTW, this is kind of funny. I think I may have developed a serious lactose intolerance and am experimenting with my diet now to verify it. If so, no more pizza reviews from me! Interestingly, while looking into this, I found a source saying 98 percent of Thais are lactose intolerant!

One less competitor at the Loaf pizza buffet sounds good to me ;)

I forgot to mention Toscana on Beach Rd & La Piola on 2nd Rd.

i must try Pattaya Pizza soon.

I remember Toscana being quite good; definitely among the best ones in town. Recently had a pizza at Pan Pan Jomtien. It wasn't as good as I remembered. Also my most recent pizza at Volterra, also had gone downhill somewhat (way too dry). Edited by Jingthing

I bought a pizza at Loaf the other day. It tasted a little bitter. I didn't realise it was burnt underneath until my wife mentioned it. It certainly f*****s up the taste of a pizza. Unfortunately I'd already eaten a few pieces before I discovered the whole underside was black. I wonder if they would have replaced it had I mentioned it before eating it.

I cannot believe that 98% of Thais are lactose intolerant. Just look on the shop shelves to see how many milk products they consume.

If you do prove to have lactose intolerance you should look into consuming kefir. It can improve lactose digestion.

If you're going to make recommendations why not give some directions. Beach Road and 2nd Road are nearly 3km in length (each). Recently a guy gave a recommendation of where to find good Pad Thai on Soi 17 (3rd Road) and no one ever found it.

Edited by tropo

I cannot believe that 98% of Thais are lactose intolerant. Just look on the shop shelves to see how many milk products they consume.

If you do prove to have lactose intolerance you should look into consuming kefir. It can improve lactose digestion.

Children can usually tolerate milk. The intolerance generally starts in adulthood. Milk allergy and lactose intolerance are different things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance

Check out the numbers on Basques!

Edited by Jingthing

Milk allergy and lactose intolerance are different things.

I'm aware of this. I'm referring specifically to lactose intolerance. Milk allergy is an allergic reaction to the milk proteins.

I see where you get your 98% from. Interesting, but still hard to believe.

Edited by tropo

If you're going to make recommendations why not give some directions. Beach Road and 2nd Road are nearly 3km in length (each). Recently a guy gave a recommendation of where to find good Pad Thai on Soi 17 (3rd Road) and no one ever found it.

Toscana. Between 6 & 7 on Beach Rd.

La Piola. On 2nd Rd not far from the dolphin roundabout.

Hopf. Beach Rd at Soi 13/1

Pizza Big. Naklua, up the road from the dolphin roundabout.

Pizza Pizza. Avenue Mall, 2nd Rd., near Soi 13.