Pattaya Pizza Soi Buakow

Jimmyd

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

robin hood bar in jontiem just down from the statue the bar is on the right partly hidden by a tree

us guy has a pizza oven upstairs----------look menu downstairs and ring him then have a drink

9 inch for 100 baht------------no catches just good and spicy if want etc.

friendly bar while you wait

I think the pizzas made above the Robin Hood Bar (Jomtien) are great. It is a good sized meal for 100 baht and a great value. Theres a good selection of pizzas but the girls like the selections of spicy Thai Pizza. If I do a take away I often phone first as he makes each pizza from scratch ( about 45 minutes). It is worth the wait and the bar is a nice one to hang out in. I have used them for large orders (parties) a few times and it is best to give him advance notice to arrange preparation and delivery.

I live in Jomtien so it is convenient, inexpensive and delicious. (PS - I have no business interests in the bar or pizza place upstairs)

They are now open from 3 PM until 3 AM. The owner is also co-owner of The Golf Club bar & restaurant on Soi LK Metro. The menu is available there and has sit down facilities. Pattaya Pizza is only a few minutes from the Golf Club so the pizzas are still quite hot when they arrive. They also have some interesting side items on the menu.

I stay nearby and avail myself of their offerings several times a week. I actually prefer Chicago style deep dish, but this New York style with crispy crust is pretty good.

*Edited to add...the owner's mother is English and his father is American. But likely the pizza is more American than English style.

Thanks for the info. But what I really want to know is....what is 'English style' pizza? What is it anyone?? :huh:

They are now open from 3 PM until 3 AM. The owner is also co-owner of The Golf Club bar & restaurant on Soi LK Metro. The menu is available there and has sit down facilities. Pattaya Pizza is only a few minutes from the Golf Club so the pizzas are still quite hot when they arrive. They also have some interesting side items on the menu.

I stay nearby and avail myself of their offerings several times a week. I actually prefer Chicago style deep dish, but this New York style with crispy crust is pretty good.

*Edited to add...the owner's mother is English and his father is American. But likely the pizza is more American than English style.

Thanks for the info. But what I really want to know is....what is 'English style' pizza? What is it anyone?? :huh:

Don't be silly. You don't know? Simple. Prepare the pizza as normal, then wrap it up in cheesecloth and boil for 30 minutes. Serve cold topped with Branston pickle.

Don't be silly. You don't know? Simple. Prepare the pizza as normal, then wrap it up in cheesecloth and boil for 30 minutes. Serve cold topped with Branston pickle.

:lol: Mmmm sounds good....with spam fritters on the side!

Don't forget to drown everything in HP sauce!

_40644004_hpsauce_web203.jpg

Don't forget to drown everything in HP sauce!

_40644004_hpsauce_web203.jpg

HP fruity on a Hawaian pizza? You might have hit the jackpot there UG!

Does this thread come with a vomit bag?

We're joking here but in Trinidad pizza comes as standard covered in tomato ketchup....the funny looks I used to get when I asked for it without!

Any other countries out there which should carry a warning? :bah:

Oh dear - having lauded the place last week I returned again this evening again at about 6pm. Again the place was like the Marie Celeste with the delivery guys obviously out on rounds and the shop wide open and nobody around. This time I had the sense to read the phone number off the menus and phone up. After a couple of tries said delivery man answered and told me he would be back in 20 minutes. I had to content myself with a very poor non-melted Subway melt

<deleted>?

I resisted the temptation to write on their opening hours sign in the window 'But we likely will not be here, in which case why not help yourself to a free drink from our cabinet'. Maybe I should have hired a songthaew and delivered the oven to soi LK Metro to make a point to the boss. There was a 100 baht note pinned to the wall the first time I went into the deserted shop. No boss it was not me who took it if it has gone missing since

Another Thai business that will under-perform due to basic lack of management! I shan't bother again.

Delicious! Open 3pm to 1 am (per the door). Tel 0800 611711.

To locate the soi without the map, look out for a motorcycle rental shop labeled with a black & yellow sign ("Mai Thai Complex") at first floor level on soi Bukaow 100 metres south of the soi Diana/soi Bukaow junction.

A tourist

I think they are open to 3:00AM in the morning.

Ordered a large pizza Monday. Delivered in about 30 minutes. Tasty and Hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I got it wrong they are open from 3pm to 3am - of a sorts - see previous posting

I highly recommend the pizzas from this place.

I opted for the 'REGINA' pizza (ham & mushroom) but be sure to go for the large size 280 baht not the small size 170 baht.

Large for one person or two?

One.

A small pizza would not be enough for one hungry person. I do however, give one slice of the big pizza to the Mrs. depending on how generous or full up I feel.

I highly recommend the pizzas from this place.

I opted for the 'REGINA' pizza (ham & mushroom) but be sure to go for the large size 280 baht not the small size 170 baht.

Large for one person or two?

One.

A small pizza would not be enough for one hungry person. I do however, give one slice of the big pizza to the Mrs. depending on how generous or full up I feel.

Can I take out life insurance on you?

[A small one is a satisfying enough meal, unless you are very hungry - IMO (slim male 1.85m 83kg and no Jingthing I don't need a date!]

Glad to see there are some people here with a sense of humor. :jap:

I've seen English style Indian food, I don't care much for Indian food so I can't speak to it. English style Chinese food, which is absolutely awful. English style fish and chips. English chili con carne, which is pretty good. So why not English style pizza? Can't imagine how awful that would be. B)

Interesting note about the place being found empty yet open. I'll pass that along to the owner.

You might also try some of the side dishes. Unfortunately you must buy a pizza to order them. I've had the "Tennessee style chili", (there is no such thing) but it's pretty good. The Spaghetti Bolognese is good as well.

How filling a particular size pizza may be is relative to the toppings ordered. Margherita less filling than meat lover's for example.

I've seen English style Indian food, I don't care much for Indian food so I can't speak to it. English style Chinese food, which is absolutely awful. English style fish and chips. English chili con carne, which is pretty good. So why not English style pizza? Can't imagine how awful that would be. B)

Interesting note about the place being found empty yet open. I'll pass that along to the owner.

You might also try some of the side dishes. Unfortunately you must buy a pizza to order them. I've had the "Tennessee style chili", (there is no such thing) but it's pretty good. The Spaghetti Bolognese is good as well.

How filling a particular size pizza may be is relative to the toppings ordered. Margherita less filling than meat lover's for example.

The phrase "English style" usually means large quantity, high fat content and enough cholesterol to stop a charging rhino in it's tracks!!! :lol:

The phrase "English style" usually means large quantity, high fat content and enough cholesterol to stop a charging rhino in it's tracks!!! :lol:

x

Edited by smokie36

• 7 months later...

Pattaya Pizza has moved to a new location where you can actually sit down (as opposed to takeout/delivery only). It's on Soi Buakow right next to Nicky's British bar and restaurant. The restaurant seating is all outdoor, some covered, some not.

Jingthing, have you actually tried the pizza at Pattaya Pizza? If so, what did you think?

Not yet. Tried their lasagna. It was pretty good (for Thailand). I am an American style lasagna fan (as opposed to Italian or UK style; I like no bechamel and with ricotta cheese). No place does with ricotta cheese in Pattaya, but Pattaya Pizza's is similar to American style, was quite cheesy in a good way, the pasta was al dente, and the sauce wasn't overly sweet. Not exactly a rave but will definitely try their pizza. BTW, the lasagna was served with a quite unappealing salad, the greens were more like browns than greens. Just a tip, don't make any special orders for their salads. No excuse for that really, is there?

Edited by Jingthing

Could I get directions to this restaurant? Have stayed on Soi Buakow in Siam Sawasdee Hotel, and will be staying on soi 15 next time.

Right next door to Nicky's (which has decent English food, I think).

post-37101-0-69108900-1304024675_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

The pizza is just okay. Think Pizza Hut, about the same, okay but overpriced. If you are really in the mood for pizza it's okay. If you want good pizza your only choice remains Globetrotter. Even PanPan is weak these days. I saw another new place on soi Lenkee but haven't stopped yet.

New York Pizza in Naklua is still good but they changed their sizing options and prices and I don't like that change. My last pizza visit to Volterra on Soi Yensabai Sunnee Plaza wasn't as good as usual, maybe a one off. They have purist Italian style. I agree Globetrotter is pretty good but it's an odd style.

Edited by Jingthing