The Best Pizza In Bangkok

RudieTheFoodie

Zanotti were extremely good when they started out. They had a kitchen just beside Carrefor Onnut I used when I lived in Suk 101/1. It's a hotel now.

I don't have much experience since they were bought out by S&P.

S&P is pretty impressive in it's own right.

Proscutto e Funghi - every time.

I like Pomodoro for sit down - not delivery.

Have heard very good things about Lemoncello.

Edited by powderpuff

Those of us who emjoy real Italian pizza are in the minority on Anglo-American-dominated tv.com, and that's fine, as always YMMV.

I guess its ironic that you'd use photographs from a pizzeria in the U.S.A. :whistling:

("A Neapolitan on its way into the oven;", and "and ready to eat:", which according to the code indicate you lifted them from the Antica Pizzeria website, a famous Neapolitan-style pizzeria in Marina del Rey, California.)

Seriously, in the U.S. we have more Neapolitan-style pizzerias than they have in Naples; many use ovens manufactured in Naples. We have over 20 different regional styles of pizza, some very unique (e.g.: New Haven), inspired by many of the millions Italian-Americans, original immigrants and descendants. Not sure you'd win the "real Italian pizza" argument with many of them, but you're welcome to try.

We have over 20 different regional styles of pizza, some very unique

Hawaiian? laugh.gif

See I am half Italian by descent, and in my home town you can get pizza anywhere everywhere (restaurant, on-the-go outlets, pizza trucks with wood fired ovens on the side of the road, etc.), some very original recipes too, but I would never argue with an Italian about pizza and what a real pizza is wink.gif (and not only because of the mafias, after all I am from French connection city ph34r.gif )

We have over 20 different regional styles of pizza, some very unique (e.g.: New Haven), inspired by many of the millions Italian-Americans, original immigrants and descendants. Not sure you'd win the "real Italian pizza" argument with many of them, but you're welcome to try.

Some folks are so politically correct that it even applies to food recommendations. :whistling:

Those of us who emjoy real Italian pizza are in the minority on Anglo-American-dominated tv.com, and that's fine, as always YMMV.

I guess its ironic that you'd use photographs from a pizzeria in the U.S.A. :whistling:

("A Neapolitan on its way into the oven;", and "and ready to eat:", which according to the code indicate you lifted them from the Antica Pizzeria website, a famous Neapolitan-style pizzeria in Marina del Rey, California.)

Seriously, in the U.S. we have more Neapolitan-style pizzerias than they have in Naples; many use ovens manufactured in Naples. We have over 20 different regional styles of pizza, some very unique (e.g.: New Haven), inspired by many of the millions Italian-Americans, original immigrants and descendants. Not sure you'd win the "real Italian pizza" argument with many of them, but you're welcome to try.

Not trying to win any argument, esp with any American (the Italians are on my side ;)) just stating a preference. To each his own, including the American 'can't stand Italian pizza' crowd. ;)

Re the photos, a Neapolitan-style pizza is a Neapolitan-style pizza, whether made in Naples, Marina del Rey or Bangkok.

By the way, just stopped in at L'Opera, one of Bangkok's oldest Italian eateries, today. Excellent Neapolitans from a traditional wood-fired oven.

How about these photos from Pizzeria Sorbillo in Naples. ;)

pizzeria-sorbillo-06.jpg

pizzeria-sorbillo-12.jpg

Not trying to win any argument, esp with any American (the Italians are on my side ;)) just stating a preference. To each his own, including the American 'can't stand Italian pizza' crowd. ;)

Re the photos, a Neapolitan-style pizza is a Neapolitan-style pizza, whether made in Naples, Marina del Rey or Bangkok.

By the way, just stopped in at L'Opera, one of Bangkok's oldest Italian eateries, today. Excellent Neapolitans from a traditional wood-fired oven.  

How about these photos from Pizzeria Sorbillo in Naples. ;)

pizzeria-sorbillo-06.jpg

pizzeria-sorbillo-12.jpg

Reminds me that I havent had a quattro formaggi from there for toooo long now!

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean Lido, which is diagonally opposite Wong's and directly opposite Trajai restaurant on Soi Si Bamphen. The Italian owner, who has been in Bangkok a very long time, hails from Naples and he makes real Neopolitan-style pizza, the original, just like the world's first and oldest pizzeria in the world, Antica Pizzeria Port'Alba (but don't ever go to Port d'Alba, the service is so bad you won't enjoy the pizza even after you finally get one; go to Pizzeria da Donato instead).

Thanks again Sabaijai. We went for dinner tonight and as I was with the family, I could try out quite a few things.

The pizza was indeed close to perfection for me, and that was "Simply" a margherita.

As for the other dishes, let's say the restaurant passed the test with flying colors :). And i went for a cotoletta alla milanese, which can turn into a real failure in many supposedly good restaurant (dry, dry, dry... or oily, oily, oily...). Well I would recommend this one any time.

Oh, and the zabaglione jap.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

• 7 months later...

There is a new Pizza joint really worth trying.

Opened last week.

Name: The Pizzeria (replaced Pizza by Janni)

Oven: Wood fired

Prices: very reasonable for the quality. paid 190 Baht for a 12 inch parma ham.

Toppings were very generous.

Pizza thin and crispy, just the way I like it.

Will definitely go again.

Nice pastas (carbonara/bolognese etc. 140 Baht)and salads (Caesar's 70/90 Baht) also on the menue.

There is such nice Thai food who needs a pizza.

Talk to me again when youve lived here full time for 8 years and eat Thai food EVERY DAY. Foreign food suddenly becomes an exotic treat! Tourists or people new to the country always spout the same old lines lol. Doubt you could even eat half the Thai food I can hehe, took me years of training!

530bt is for 16 inch

Pizza Hut large is 14" and costs the same price.

530bt for pizza's with such delicious morsels as 00 flour, imported gorgonzola, sundried tomatos, imported pepperoni and buffalo mozzarella is surely a better bet than a smaller pizza made from frozen puff pastry, tomato ketchup and processed hotdog.

But maybe its just me! biggrin.gif

Sorry to have got your panties in a bunch Rosie :)

Do you have a business you would like me to promote?

Never heard of creative wording like delicious morsellette,

gastronomically splendiferous,

or belly satisfyingly compuctious??

You see thats why I is a FOODIE and you is not laugh.gif

• 6 months later...

There is such nice Thai food who needs a pizza.

Because for those of us that live here we need something different from time to time. :)

I haven't tried Big Pizza but will eventually. I want to say avoid the overpriced average pizza from Scoozi....their customer service is the worst I've experienced in Thailand for an international product. Shame on me for giving them several chances...never again.

I am Italian and the best place in Bangkok is the Lemoncello. They have an imported oven form Italy. Here is there location. Lemoncello 17 Sukhumvit 11Khlong Tan Nuea, Vadhana, Bangkok 10110

02-6510707. Have fun. I only wish it was closer to my house.

I agree Limoncello is the best. There is or was another place off of a lower number Sukumvit Soi that also has great Pizza and an oven(wood burning) imported from Italy....I can't remember the name of it..anybody?

I am Italian and the best place in Bangkok is the Lemoncello. They have an imported oven form Italy. Here is there location. Lemoncello 17 Sukhumvit 11Khlong Tan Nuea, Vadhana, Bangkok 10110

02-6510707. Have fun. I only wish it was closer to my house.

I agree Limoncello is the best. There is or was another place off of a lower number Sukumvit Soi that also has great Pizza and an oven(wood burning) imported from Italy....I can't remember the name of it..anybody?

Limoncello has gone downhill in the last couple of years. Places need to evolve...well they needed to...not even a decent specials board says it all.....

As another foodie would say....next...

Edited by smokie36

Scoozi and Big Pizza are both good, the best Bangkok has to offer I think (for delivery, anyway).

Try it few months ago first time was best delivey pizza i ever had in Bangkok.

Second and third time very disappointed, third delivery went strait into the garbage bin as the Parma ham was not eatable any more.

Made the second and third time a complain even last time by Phone and email, never hear anything back.

So no Scoozi for me anymore.

• 9 months later...

The Best Pizza in Bangkok Thailand I found on a night basar at Sanam Luang

Its is unbelievable cheep and so good.

They charged me 69 THB for a 8 inch Pizza. And I took double cheese so I end up with 89 THB.

The taste was perfect

They have a real wood fired oven there on a trailer. I never saw something like this before.

Looks realy cool. I didn't expect something like this on that market.

I googled it and you can find them under

" Viva Pizza Bangkok" or " PIZZA VIVA วีว่า พิซซ่า ร้านพิซซ่า "

It is to bad, that they do not make delivery.

But you can see some pictures there on foursquare from the pizza

There's a new place at Asok and Sukhumvit called Pala Pizza Romana, which serves superb pizza al taglio, a kind of pizza sold by the slice from a metre-long rectangular pizza. Not going to say it's the best, because that's a personal call and no amateur critic here is covering every pizza joint in the city smile.png But it's one of the best I've had in the city lately.

One of the shareholders locally is Mr Volpetti of Volpetti Testaccio, one of Rome's most well-known pizza al taglko places. There's an Italian deli on the premises, and plenty of pasta and antipasti dishes as well

• 3 months later...

A Neapolitan on its way into the oven:

olio-filetto6.jpg

and ready to eat:

pizzas_0896.JPG

BTW Pizza Patio uses wood-fired ovens. Delivery number: 0 2718 7000

I have had this pizza. It is pretty good, i'll say that... the best I have had in Bangkok without a doubt. I got mine at a place near ikea at mega bangna, looked just like that pic on top, in a coal oven. Tasted good. I dont rem the name of the place however :(

Edited by isawasnake