Does Your Partner Appreciate Your Sacrifices?

Loz

i would like for all you people to state your sacrifices .

like missing out on snowy winters?

buying produce for x amount of money that doesn't taste like anything?

working your ass off day and night to come home to your honey with the headache?

eating pizza and looking to gain another 180 pounds?

the list obviously could go on........

i came here because i met a charming woman who was single and who i wanted to to be with. it has been 8 years and everyday is a gift .we have a lot of fun ,humour is a big part of happiness,we built a house together the way we like it and work only a very light load as we have put our forces together.we try to enjoy every day,my wife still has her business and she never asks me for money,but of course i give her presents and treat her when i see fit. if it makes you happy do it -is something she will say to me. and mean it too.i was married several times before and and this relationship is the easiest by far.actually i will say now if it is hard you don't have the right partner. if it is a sacrifice-loose out no more -stop whining and go on back home to the bliss you came from. and the culture of course.the cultural sacrifices ,200 satelite tv stations. starbucks , dunkin donuts.

we have free classical concerts just about every week,several off bw and a few regular movie venues great bookstores etc in chiang mai where i live.and i bet my ass thet most of the whiners here never get theirs off the couch.there are countries around to see and history to study,people and culture galore to experience -give me a break.:rolleyes:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would like for all you people to state your sacrifices .

like missing out on snowy winters?

buying produce for x amount of money that doesn't taste like anything?

working your ass off day and night to come home to your honey with the headache?

eating pizza and looking to gain another 180 pounds?

the list obviously could go on........

i came here because i met a charming woman who was single and who i wanted to to be with. it has been 8 years and everyday is a gift .we have a lot of fun ,humour is a big part of happiness,we built a house together the way we like it and work only a very light load as we have put our forces together.we try to enjoy every day,my wife still has her business and she never asks me for money,but of course i give her presents and treat her when i see fit. if it makes you happy do it -is something she will say to me. and mean it too.i was married several times before and and this relationship is the easiest by far.actually i will say now if it is hard you don't have the right partner. if it is a sacrifice-loose out no more -stop whining and go on back home to the bliss you came from. and the culture of course.the cultural sacrifices ,200 satelite tv stations. starbucks , dunkin donuts.

we have free classical concerts just about every week,several off bw and a few regular movie venues great bookstores etc in chiang mai where i live.and i bet my ass thet most of the whiners here never get theirs off the couch.there are countries around to see and history to study,people and culture galore to experience -give me a break.:rolleyes:

Well said, sir! Maybe my first reply, one or two above this, got kinda missed out on when a quote from an earlier poster was 'bumped'.

......Firstly, does your thai partner know that you have made serious sacrifices to be with them?

Secondly, does your partner appreciate your cultural sacrifices?

finally, Not that relationships are about keeping score, but in your own experiences who do you think makes more cultural sacrifices?

Firstly, no - I had already been living here for ten years when we met so any sacrifices had already been made (and the only "sacrifice" I can think of is my 1948 Triumph Roadster).

Secondly, how could he? I don't make any, at least consciously. He makes more than me both in public and in private, so I appreciate his.

My ex russian mrs borrowed 1000quid off me for plastic surgery, i never did get the money back and i dont know who to look for!!

3 times married in the UK, and living in Thai with my GF now, for 4 years, to be honest, ive never known such devotion, she knows i miss my life and family in the UK, and does her best to make falang dishes, in fact, we are going to the UK next month for my daughters wedding, mrs is paying half for the air tickets ect,

Im sure when you find a good thai girl and after you have done the gold thingy, the house/buisness, get married if you want, help out with some money when needed, you will be on a stable and good footing for many years,

I find this so interesting because my partner *does* expect me to move to Thailand and I'm currently weighing this up. The thing I will miss the most is being close to my family and friends. The rest are insignificant in comparison.

"Firstly, does your thai partner know that you have made serious sacrifices to be with them?"

Yes, absolutely.

"Secondly, does your partner appreciate your cultural sacrifices?"

Yes, absolutely, she is very grateful. For what it's worth, this one is a two way street, and I'm grateful for what she puts up with from me.

"finally, Not that relationships are about keeping score, but in your own experiences who do you think makes more cultural sacrifices?"

Yes, you are right. Relationships are not about keeping score. 'Nuf said.

This thing seems to have decided to have mind of its own. Does my wife appreciate my sacrifices, no, she doesn't even know what they were.

As far as concerned there are no sacrifices here, it's good place to live. But it was hel_l of long and bumpy road to get here. My wife enjoys the fruits of my labors and never contributed anything to that.

We live a good life without her having to do what I did. So would I like to see those activities appreciated yes, She does after sometime now understand that it wasn't free. I doubt she could ever really grasp what it really mean she has never seen it.

What she sees is money goes into the bank I don't work. You can not explain what 40 odd years of that to someone that has never experienced that life.

So in that aspect I doubt they will ever understand.

Now if the question is if I gave up something, in my life here no I don't and do understand.

Edited by ray23

Seems to be the norm to just accept things for what they are. I do little [and big] favors all the time and very rarely get a thanks. The Asian way......

it annoys me , thai,s seem reluctant to say, please / thank you , to a farang .

it is expected , that we buy / we pay .

the wallet , just comes out , and give money .