Assaulted At The Hospital

Dakhar

Folks, I didn't marry a bar girl, I think I married something much worse. Honestly, I think she has an issue called "Borderline Personality Disorder." I have gone through 10 years with her, and finally her last straw was when she told me I was no longer "her husband" and she was the wife of another man. So I am guessing by that, they have "known" each other under the biblical since.

Regardless, we have been seperated for about 8 months now.

Well, things are so bad with her mental state, that I have to have my audi recorder "on" every time I am near here.

So the story is, I went to go visit my son at the hospital, she was there, and her father along with his gir friend was also there. Any how, as I was visiting my son, she exploded and attacked me, with really no provication on my part. She was hitting, and scratching like a banshee... & she literally jumped on my back and began to rake my neck with her finger nails. It was a total fiasco, fortunatley her father pulled her off of me, and pinned her to the couch.

Like I said, I recorded the whole event. I wish I could get custody of the kids, but I rather doubt I could, even with her explosive personality & the evidence of it. This is the second time she has assaulted me like this.... I don't think any one would care, because really I out weigh her almost 3 fold. But what I fear is, she has learned she can not physically harm me with her fists.... I fear in the future, she will use a weapon of some sort. If I retaliate and harm her out of protection... I could easily get in to BIG trouble.

So, for now, I have resolved to stay away from her, which aslo means I do not get to see my children. I think ultimatley, if I insisted on seeing my boys I could end up in jail etc.

I'm am really in a fix for the time being.

Get witnesses from the hospital to sign statements.

Register a complaint at the police station immediately. Take a translator with you.

This will help you if need to defend yourself anytime in the future. It may also help you get the kid/s.

As you say, you are not in a good situation, but it is better to have the complaint filed than not.

I assume you went to the hospital because you care about your son, but if you really care, do you honestly think that to see his parents getting into this sort of stuff will benefit him? there are other ways around to do your part and still keep in mind that whatever she does, your son will still see her as his mom, be carefull there, better restart a new life, good for you and good for them, good luck.

Any sympathies from her family?

:rolleyes:

You really think? Sympathy sits between Shit and Syphilis here.

OP, I hope things get better, as one other person has said best you file a report and if there are witnesses get them to make a statement - before it gets switched onto you.

• Like 1

In situations like this it is always advantageous to get the names and if possible the thai I/D card numbers of any witnesses (I know, neither easy nor practical to do in all situations but still).

I'd also file a report with the local police regarding the assault, even if you don't press charges.

Once you've documented this type of behaviour with a paper trail it can be ever so helpful in future legal battles, custody etc.

Sorry to hear about it though.

You'd think for the children's sake, even adults on the outs would take the gloves off. Then again, children are the most commonly used 'weapons of choice' once things fall apart, no matter the country.

Again sorry to hear about that.

I assume you went to the hospital because you care about your son, but if you really care, do you honestly think that to see his parents getting into this sort of stuff will benefit him? there are other ways around to do your part and still keep in mind that whatever she does, your son will still see her as his mom, be carefull there, better restart a new life, good for you and good for them, good luck.

No I do not, and yes I am bowing out, as she walks away with 4 million baht all dedicated handed over in the name of "child support." Well they ever see a stang of it? Good question....

You are right, "be careful, restart a new life & good luck."

I have a little hope when they get old enough they would like to stay with me. The trouble is, how do I keep contact with them in order to do so, short of have a tatoo of my e-mail placed on my son's arm, I don't think there is a way.

Beyond this story, my in-laws provide my visa, all though it is clear she cheated on me.... on step out of line, and I am gone! So I did not file charges, get the police involevd etc. I just keep the recordings as a saftey net if I ever need to use them to keep me out of jail.... and maybe one day allow my sons to hear their mother... with the hope that the understand, that dad tried his best

Good luck to us all

Get witnesses from the hospital to sign statements.

Register a complaint at the police station immediately. Take a translator with you.

This will help you if need to defend yourself anytime in the future. It may also help you get the kid/s.

As you say, you are not in a good situation, but it is better to have the complaint filed than not.

This is a good piece of advice whether you want to charge her or not.....also get the hospital's staffs as witnesses if they are around then...

Sorry to hear of your problem , but the sad fact is a Thai will not go against another Thai, and the Police will not intervene, they will say Up to you its a family matter, until they arrest you, then money comes into play.

I think the "Thai will not go against another Thai" is starting to become something of the past.

Have discussed it with my wife, her friends, and some of my male (and female) friends.

Each and every one of them claim that they would listen first to their spouse (regardless if it is a Thai or foreigner).

When explaining we "westerners" normally put our spouse (and love) before the family, they just look at me and say, of course you should.

So I think this is something which we will see less of here.

I can only guess it is because there are more and more work migration here, so they do not spend that amount of time with their family, as they used to in the past.

Moving on.

To the OP.

Feel really sorry for you.

I think you should follow some of the good advices from the other members here regarding lawyers, etc.

Well and good enough to get out now but do you really think a volatile and violent personality such as this will be beneficial to your kids in any way? and when you are out of the picture, do you think she might end up taking it out on them next?

Any CCTV camera's in the hospital? Some video footage would be good to go with your audio.

Sounds like your ex is on yaba to go off like that.

I think a lot here can relate well to this story as many come to Thailand after messy breakups in their own countries.

Good luck