Solason Solar Energy Company

dalmatian

I am in possession of Solason Solar Panel Heating system, it is a good system and rarely goes wrong until the other day. I have had the system nearly 8 years and the only previous problem was the pump staying on even when hot water turned off. The problem then was a sensor on the roof, I think I have same problem so am trying to get hold of the company maintenance team. My problem is that a couple of months I accidentally flushed my old phone down the toilet and it had all my numbers on it. As much as I have built up most of my phone book again I don't have a number for Solason that is valid. I phoned the number on the guarantee but does not get answered.

Reason for topic to find out if anybody else out there has Solason and if so do you have their maintenance team phone contact. I believe they are based out of Bangkok but I was told they come to Pattaya once a week to answer calls for customers problems. Would appreciate any contact details.

At worst I could call another company who have a similar system and I am sure they may be able to assist me with my problem but want to try to get hold of Solason first. Thanks in advance guys....

• Like 1

Hi Dalmation,

Now that you have had the Solar System for some time, do you think it was a worthwhile investment. I hear different views (form people who do not have solar heating funny enough). I have just finished construction of my house and was wondering if to replace my two rather large electric storage heaters with a solar system. Why didn't I do it when the house was being built, well the construction company found it hard enough to construct to the drawings that they had without changing anything, so thought it better to get it finished (12 months late) and worry about changing anything later.

Probably take about 100 years to get the money back but thought that it may be worth it just for the fun of it. A prejudiced view would be welcome :)

Cheers

Oink

Hi Dalmation,

Now that you have had the Solar System for some time, do you think it was a worthwhile investment. I hear different views (form people who do not have solar heating funny enough). I have just finished construction of my house and was wondering if to replace my two rather large electric storage heaters with a solar system. Why didn't I do it when the house was being built, well the construction company found it hard enough to construct to the drawings that they had without changing anything, so thought it better to get it finished (12 months late) and worry about changing anything later.

Probably take about 100 years to get the money back but thought that it may be worth it just for the fun of it. A prejudiced view would be welcome :)

Cheers

Oink

For me I like the solar system, cost me 50000 baht 7/8 years ago. Only gone wrong once before and fixed pretty quick. The only thing I needed to change was the outside pump installed by the house builder, it's sepcification was for pumping water only to a height of 20 feet. Even though I am in a bungalow style house the solar system is about 30 feet up so needed to change the outside pump with a spec for pushing water up to 40 feet. Fine now.

I also changed my pipes for the hot water from those blue things to lagged copper pipes (I believe it's copper, red sheathing).

By the way I flushed the phone down the toilet in a bar, I was answering a call when in the bog and with 1 hand not free attempted 'a one handed place behind the ear action' then shake a few times at which point the phone left my ear and went down with the flushing action. Not smart and funny at time but still a load of phone numbers I can not retrieve.......Had some good numbers in there as well..

GMAC

A Google search came up with this page, several contact numbers which might help if no-one comes up with anything else.

Thanks GMAC, you are a saviour. The office numbers were out of date but luckily Robert (the main man) has not changed his mobile. I am in contact now and all will be fixed shortly. Thanks again. The power of this forum is "smoking'

By the way I flushed the phone down the toilet in a bar, I was answering a call when in the bog and with 1 hand not free attempted 'a one handed place behind the ear action' then shake a few times at which point the phone left my ear and went down with the flushing action. Not smart and funny at time but still a load of phone numbers I can not retrieve.......Had some good numbers in there as well..

Contact the call center of your provider and explain what happened.

If the contacts were on your SIM, they may be able to retrieve 60-70% of your phonebook.