Naam Ok ?

cardholder

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Wally, welcome back to the new [improved?]'politically correct' thaivisa forum!! I too missed your witty, opinionated, but well informed and sometimes insulting posts. It would be a loss to the thaivisa community if you were banned for long.

Edited by jaideeguy

The forum in generally quite compared to what seemed like it's peak a couple of years ago. Some days there seems to be little traffic at all.

all the entertaining posters get banned. quite a nuisance to create an account often to post...............lol.

Perhaps Dr Naam doesn't want to reply to any posts because of one or more of the following reasons;

1] It's almost impossible to advise the inadvisable.

2] The amount of 'plonkers' that have appeared since the 'war in Bangkok' has far outweighed the amount of 'non-plonkers'.

If either of the above are true, I can understand fully.

In a nutshell...go away plonkers!!!

I wish you would go away, every time I see your avatar I feel sick and then followed

by other negative feelings when reading what dribble you have posted.

My sentiments also.

I have very rarely seen anything constructive in Skippy's posts, unless you count arrogant and belittling comments as constructive critisicm.

Now, where did that "ignore user" button go?

Back on topic: Hi Naam. How's the 850 running?

running beauty-<deleted>-ful Dr. Somkid and the 12 cylinders are swallowing a beauty-<deleted>-full amount of gasoline. but whatever, i am very happy and so are the dogs when i take them for a spin on weekends. i still can't believe what technical features they integrated into a vintage car like the 850!

post-35218-019308000 1282815012_thumb.jp

running beauty-<deleted>-ful Dr. Somkid and the 12 cylinders are swallowing a beauty-<deleted>-full amount of gasoline. but whatever, i am very happy and so are the dogs when i take them for a spin on weekends. i still can't believe what technical features they integrated into a vintage car like the 850!

I don't quite recall what build year your 850 is, but I would like to see it IRL. I will be in the country early next month.

Shall I pop down with the S6?

I don't quite recall what build year your 850 is, but I would like to see it IRL. I will be in the country early next month.

Shall I pop down with the S6?

it's one of the first ones, a 1991 model (imported from UK) and you are most welcome to pop down and in! not possible between sep 8 - 20 as i am taking the Old Lady abroad to "not" celebrate her secret umpteenth round birthday.

Perhaps Dr Naam doesn't want to reply to any posts because of one or more of the following reasons;

2] The amount of 'plonkers' that have appeared since the 'war in Bangkok' has far outweighed the amount of 'non-plonkers'.

I wish you would go away, every time I see your avatar I feel sick and then followed

But for real, don't diss the guy in his avatar, Bob Ross. He was the second coming of Jesus. If you saw his God-like powers of painting you would understand.

If I saw my 'God-like powers' of painting, I might even understand :D

'Good bloke' recognition on TV, which is something to which I have never aspired, seems to require some special attributes;

1] Being able to be witty amongst the wittless (that's easy but rarely appreciated due to the enormous drop in the intelligence of TV members since the 'War in Bangkok' invited a plethora of amazing people).

2] Being able to take 'knocks' (again, very easy. I have the hide of Jessy The Elephant).

3] Administer 'qualified' advice & follow up on such advice (not easy but with lot's of time, do-able).

4] Being able to 'appear to be nice'...for whatever reason (I am not nice for the sake of scoring myself 'Brownie Points'. This is far too egotistical. I only have one face...like it or not).

If it takes someone like Dr Naam to sort you guys out, so be it!

In the meantime, I'm happy to be deemed as a bastard ('good guy/bad guy' psychology). :D

At least if I am a target, you're leaving others alone. :)

But for real, don't diss the guy in his avatar, Bob Ross. He was the second coming of Jesus. If you saw his God-like powers of painting you would understand.

If I saw my 'God-like powers' of painting, I might even understand :D

'Good bloke' recognition on TV, which is something to which I have never aspired, seems to require some special attributes;

1] Being able to be witty amongst the wittless (that's easy but rarely appreciated due to the enormous drop in the intelligence of TV members since the 'War in Bangkok' invited a plethora of amazing people).

2] Being able to take 'knocks' (again, very easy. I have the hide of Jessy The Elephant).

3] Administer 'qualified' advice & follow up on such advice (not easy but with lot's of time, do-able).

4] Being able to 'appear to be nice'...for whatever reason (I am not nice for the sake of scoring myself 'Brownie Points'. This is far too egotistical. I only have one face...like it or not).

If it takes someone like Dr Naam to sort you guys out, so be it!

In the meantime, I'm happy to be deemed as a bastard ('good guy/bad guy' psychology). :D

At least if I am a target, you're leaving others alone. :)

You really do live in your own little world, don't you?? You seem to be mistaken in the belief that you are of the same ilk as Naam. Disillusioned much? Naam is smart, funny and people actually noticed and missed him when he didn't post here for a few weeks. You are none of these things!!

All of this "boundary pushing" talk and "bashing numbskulls" and the truth is all you seem to do is just come to this board to criticise how people post on TV and you never add anything to the topic. I haven't seen anyhing from that that displays any sign of intellect or wit and I can't figure out why you post on this board for any other reason than to throw your weight around in your "holier than thou" condescending manner.

Perhaps that's why you annoy people, ya think?? Not one person defended you in this thread but many slammed you. Stop talking down to people with your disillusion of grandeur and I'm sure you'd be fine here.

Naam is smart, funny and people actually noticed and missed him when he didn't post here for a few weeks. You are none of these things!!

Hang on now, if you love him that much you could be his wi...ehh....

Have you ever received the Nobel Prize in something?

Naam is smart, funny and people actually noticed and missed him when he didn't post here for a few weeks. You are none of these things!!

Hang on now, if you love him that much you could be his wi...ehh....

Have you ever received the Nobel Prize in something?

Truth is until this thread, to me Naam was just another member that I knew of because he posted frequently, I knew nothing of the guy and I barely remember any member on this forum unless they have a particularly cool avatar or they annoy me! :)

I don't claim to be a super member, but I have been on the receiving end of Mr Elkangorito's bile a couple of times and understand the sentiment against him.

Edited by UKMatt

Oh yeah Naam I forgot to congratulate you for sticking it to the tax man once again. Beifall

for the record: i didn't stick it to the (various €uropean) taxmen for me but for a fistful of friends who, for various valid and invalid reasons, insist to live in €urope where not only the tax drag net is woven tighter and tighter but the levy of direct and indirect taxes will become unbearable in the near future.

it goes without saying that they must, and are all willing, to pay their fair share of taxes in line with the expenses required for their individual life styles. what they are not willing is to pay unproportional and progressive high taxes to finance the whims of the politicians (especially the €U-politicians in Brussels or the military adventures in Afghanistan) and the lazy parasites who think other citizens have to pay for them and their families... not to forget the billions of taxpayers' euros and dollars which were shoved up the àsses of banksters.

I do not believe that anybody can ever "stick it to the tax man". It was never his money. In the USA those tax and politician guys found a new way to stick it to us that have decided no not take part in the devaluation of our currency. Some of us bought gold. Now for decades it has been standard practice to take your gold in, and take cash home, with no tail of bread crumbs leading back to your door.

Then the law changed, and they had to make a record of any cash transaction of greater than $10,000. Put now in a stroke of back room black genius tucked away in the American Health Care bill (the one that nobody read) was a new law that demands a tax reporting form for anybody that sells or buys more than $600/yr in gold/silver.

Either the politicians want wholesale criminality, from non-compliance, or a revolution.

When taking the dear doggies 'for a spin', do you advise putting them inside the car, or just tie their leashes to the bumper & trust that, under the doctrine of 'survival-of-the-fittest', any decent hound will either run fast-enough or 'Klingon' to your car ? :rolleyes:

Fuel-saving-tip ... an Alaskan-Indian friend tells me that one should tie the dogs to the front of the vehicle, as their motive-efforts will then assist with forward-motion, in an attempt to avoid being run-over, and thus will reduce the energy required to move the vehicle forwards. I'm not sure how he reverses his car. B)

"When taking the dear doggies 'for a spin', do you advise putting them inside the car, or just tie their leashes to the bumper & trust that, under the doctrine of 'survival-of-the-fittest', any decent hound will either run fast-enough or 'Klingon' to your car ?"
:rolleyes:

my dogs are inside and enjoy all the scents they are passing. but if they could they'd jump out of the windows. sizewise they are not really fit to pull a 2-ton car.

post-35218-076969000 1283478828_thumb.jp

"When taking the dear doggies 'for a spin', do you advise putting them inside the car, or just tie their leashes to the bumper & trust that, under the doctrine of 'survival-of-the-fittest', any decent hound will either run fast-enough or 'Klingon' to your car ?"
:rolleyes:

my dogs are inside and enjoy all the scents they are passing. but if they could they'd jump out of the windows. sizewise they are not really fit to pull a 2-ton car.

I bet they are breed dogs but also champions in:

• Agility
  • Weight Pull
  • Hunting Flyball
  • Tracking
  • Coursing
  • Herding

Trilingual as well, I presume?

Nevertheless, now that the topic has been raised I'm sure you'll tell us all about them!

What have you done to him that he hates your guts Naam ? And who is *forethat* ?

:)

In case you missed it, here's the story:

Naam is the brightest of them all. Sure, I used to be a member of the large crew who had doubts, wondered if it could really be true, that Naam was a genius. So far, no one has actually been able to explain why, and in what way. This creates doubt. In Naam being a genius, but also in your own ability to recognize a genius. Naam may actually be cleverer than a stray cat. The reason could be that you are so stupid that you just don't get it. So to speak. That's one depressive thought. So it was nice to get it out of ones mind. It was, strangely enough, thanks to BMW.

You know the story; bberg kicks off a discussion where he questions whether Thailand is getting more expensive and refers to the strengthened baht. Forethat replies by mentioning that Thailand can be cheap as long as you live cheap, but any attempts to buy the same western produced luxury stuff you bought back home would result in a serious blow to your economy. In particular, a BMW is much more expensive in Thailand compared to UK. As soon as Naam is on his feet, he starts flaming Forethat by challenging Forethat's common sense and volunteers to send him a certificate for having no clue.

So, in order to provide some evidence, Forethat informs Naam of the actual difference in price. Black on white. Case closed, one would think. Unfortunately, there are things that simply can't exist, for instance, information which clearly shows that Thailand in many aspects can be extremely expensive. For this reason, Naam got grumpy and started whining about the whole thing.

A few hours later and Naam had been outsmarted. A couple of internet links to price listings (easily accessible from every internet connection in the universe) was all it took. Well, as I said, you know the story. But have you heard the latest development? After whining about this for some time, Naam decided to prove once and for all that a BMW in Thailand wasn't expensive at all compared to UK. And it is his comment which proves, conclusively and beyond all doubts, that the man is a genius. He claims that the car is cheap because he employs a bilingual gardener!

-"my trilingual cook/maid and the bilingual gardener/handyman draw each THB 8,000 per month", Naam concludes in a post as a direct reply to Forethat's questions as to how Naam's unwillingness to pay tax could make a BMW cheaper. Naam doesn't challenge the price of a BMW in Thailand, but he claims it is not more expensive than in UK because he employs a bilingual gardener. You follow?

There are plenty of both modern and older version dictionaries in which you can find the word "price", all of which defines the word as "the sum of money or other compensation in return for something". Considering that the price for a BMW is 250% higher in Thailand than in UK, you would think the matter was sorted. But that doesn't mean anything to Naam, because he has decided that a BMW is not expensive. It can't be. If it was, it would be in direct violation with Naam's opinion, something which is obviously impossible.

How about that one? A real trickster. An international version of the well known farang-lok. It is like when the parliament in former DDR solved the countries environmental issues. The parliament simply decided that there weren't any environmental issues in DDR. Such issues would be in strict violation with party orders, and since the party was infallible and almighty, environmental issues were logically impossible. They didn't exist. Period.

It is swift, it is simple, it is elegant. It is genius. It is Naam. Thus, the question is answered. The man is a genius. A little DDR of his own. Die Partie hat immer recht – The Party is Always Right.

Just like Naam.