Bkk Hotel For A Few Hours

mike111

I'lll be arriving at BKK in an early morning flight and plan to have a medical check-up for a few hours and then travel onwards.

Would appreciate recommendations on a clean, centrally located (around Sukhumvit/Siam etc.) and inexpensive hotel to shower and rest for a couple of hours before attending the check-ups. To clarify, I'm thinking of checking-in in the morning and checking-out in late afternoon.

Cheers,

Mike.

I just wrote a response and it was lost. crap. Ok, here it is again:

try a simple guest house and tell them simply what you're situation is. They'll likely accommodate your situation, and be open to charging 50% or less of their regular rate.

Don't try hotels, as they're stuffy, inflexible and overpriced.

Take a taxi or the skytrain (if it's operating) from the airport and get off opposite Soi 9 or Nana station depending on mode of transport. Cross Sukhumvit at Nana station and there's a place called City Lodge on Soi 9. They have done deals for me in the past. If not, there is a proliferation of small hotels/guest houses on Soi 7 and 9. One of them will accommodate your budget and wishes, and you should be in bed within 20 minutes of crossing Sukhumvit.

If you want to do a deal before arriving, just google City Lodge Soi 9 Sukhumvit or Amari Hotels. You should come up with what you need, but even if you don't arrange a bed before you arrive, you will find one very easily.

Edited by F4UCorsair

If you are visiting a single medical facility then it might be best to look in the immediate neighborhood, if only to minimize transportation time, narrow down your search to 5 or 6 properties, then contact them directly about "day-room" rates. If you want help here with a specific neighborhood maybe you could share that along with your budget? Additionally, the medical facility may also be able recommend nearby day-rooms, or they may have facilities on premises.

Be careful with a hotel. If you want to check in before their normal checkin time they may want to cahrge for the night before, and as you want to chekout after their normal time they may want to charge for the following night too. An expensive business for just a few hours.

As someone has mentioned, there are plenty of short time places that will rent you a room for a few hours. Guesthouses may also be very accommodating. Alternatively, if you are well enough, go into a bar and ask the girls working there, they will happily tell you where you can relax for a few hours.

Not quite in the area you mentioned but convenient for what you want to do: the NASA-VAGAS hotel on Rhamkhamheng is directly across the street from the new RHAMKHAMHENG AIRPORT RAIL LINK station. You can take the link to stop closest to the medical facility you will use, them back to NASA where you'll be a 15 minute train ride to the airport.

NASA-VEGAS is a very large and clean business hotel with very low rates. Last I heard: B690/night.

Thanks everyone for the helpful tips,

Cheers.

I stayed in this hotel. It is 8 months old. It cost me 250 Baht from the airport to get to the hotel by taxi. I paid $40 a night through Agoda.com The rooms are clean and brand new. The staff are friendly too. There is bar noise (but not on the higher floors) but it won't effect you since you won't sleep over. It is in Sukhumvit area, 10 minute walk from The Emporium mall. IMHO, it is worth the money even though you are not sleeping over. Goodluck.

I Style TRENDHOTEL

14/4 Sukhumvit Soi 22, Kwang Klongtoey, Khet Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110, Thailand.

Tel: 66 (0) 2261 7711

Fax: 66 (0) 2261 7970,

Reservation: 66 (0) 2261 7977-8

E-mail:

www.IstyleTrendHotel.com

Max2010

The OP didn't mention what med facility/ies he's planning to visit...

If it's Bumrungrad, then the suggestions around the Soi 3-5-7 area would be very convenient.

If it's BNH, then you wouldn't want Sukhumvit but instead something around Silom.

If it's Samitivej Sukhumvit, then something from the Emporium eastward would be more convenient.

As always, it's location, location, location...

If you like, go to Suk Soi 13 - there is a side street on your right as you go down, the first on the right.

You will see a bar called Lollitas, with lots of girls sitting outside. Walk past them and through what looks like a car park. In there, is a hotel called the Crowne hotel.

I was in a situation like yours in November, and walked in there. They charged me 600 baht for 4 hours, you may be able to swing a similar deal with them :)

Hamish

Re the prior post, the Crowne Hotel and Lolitas are not on Soi 13... they're on Soi 8 on the opposite side of the main road.

And besides that fact, the Crowne is pretty much a dump, and their is a major demolition project going on next door of a former parking structure with constant concrete jack hammering noise morning to night.