Belfast Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Dealing

Buchholz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He got what he deserved.

After reading Warren Fellows' "the Damage Done" many years ago, which is a drug trafficker's account of being in several Bangkok prison's including BangKwang for 12 years, I don't think anybody deserves the sort of punishment that this guy is now sentenced to for 25 years.

Sure he is guilty and deserves to be punished but he is now in hel_l with no chance of reprieve. 25 years for a 49 year old guy who looks well into his 60s already is practically a death sentence only a much longer and more painful one.

People really are dumb to deal drugs here when they know the punishment is so severe. I didn't know this guy personally but I am glad he is off the streets.

Whatever some may think, the title of this post is incorrect. If Tommy McAuley is from Belfast (and born there) he's a UK citizen from Northern Ireland, not an Irishman.

Apologies if I was mistaken in my terms. :wai:

My British-born grandmother always used to call any man from anywhere in Ireland, an Irishman.

Granted she was born in 1892.

What would be an appropriate term for this millennium that the mods could change it to? (preferably something more precise and palatable than "UK citizen")

He holds an Irish passport so therefor the post is actually correct

If he was from Northern Ireland he would be Anglo Irish, from Eire he would be just Irish.

Whatever some may think, the title of this post is incorrect. If Tommy McAuley is from Belfast (and born there) he's a UK citizen from Northern Ireland, not an Irishman.

My British-born grandmother always used to call any man from anywhere in Ireland, an Irishman.

What would be an appropriate term for this millennium that the mods could change it to? (preferably something more precise and palatable than "UK citizen")

If he was from Northern Ireland he would be Anglo Irish, from Eire he would be just Irish.

Most of my Northern Irish mates who now reside in England and have done since their youth, class themselves as Irish not English. to me anyone that is born is Ireland is Irish, just as anyone who is born in England is English, whatever side of the North/South divide.

If this guy was dealing in drugs he deserves his punishment ans I guess that he would be slightly more comfortable in and Irish nick, rather than the 'Big tiger'

Cheers, Rick

He got what he deserved.

After reading Warren Fellows' "the Damage Done" many years ago, which is a drug trafficker's account of being in several Bangkok prison's including BangKwang for 12 years, I don't think anybody deserves the sort of punishment that this guy is now sentenced to for 25 years.

Sure he is guilty and deserves to be punished but he is now in hel_l with no chance of reprieve. 25 years for a 49 year old guy who looks well into his 60s already is practically a death sentence only a much longer and more painful one.

People really are dumb to deal drugs here when they know the punishment is so severe. I didn't know this guy personally but I am glad he is off the streets.

You take 1000 off the streets, the day after they are already replaced by other 1000. I don't like the type, but putting pushers in jail is useless.

I thought its just Blacks that sell drugs out of lower Sukhumvit. He will a much reduced sentence on appeal and being Irish/UK/stupid, would be home in about 5 years.

Pattaya should have been built up as only expensive 5 star resorts for non Thais.

He will a much reduced sentence on appeal

And in the interim, he'll have a good long time in which to fine tune his Thai cooking skills with lessons at the prison cafeteria.

It is understood an appeal in Thailand can take anything up to five years.

BBC - August 25, 2010

but he is now in hel_l with no chance of reprieve.

Nonsense.

Firstly, he has appeals. Donations to help the admin fees are known to flow in one's favour and greatly speed up the admin work in getting it all done speedily.

Secondly, with King's pardons, even without successful appeals he will be sent home after no longer than 11 or 12 years, like all the others. At the worst.

Many UK prisoners don't apply for repatriation to a UK prison due to this. Repatriation means they have to serve a certain % of their sentence, usually quite a lot more than the time they will serve in Thailand before being sent home with a pardon, or hefty 'admin fee donation'.

Edited by thomo

snapback.pngrubl, on 2010-08-25 19:36, said:

Very true,thread title needs to be changed,any mods about??

As I see you only have half a head I must take it you only have half a brain ? :o The guy is from IRELAND. whether he is from the North or the South he is IRISH to most people with a complete brain that means he is an IRISHMAN. The same as a guy from Glasgow is Scotish NOT British SCOTISH. Kow Jai ?

Back to the OP. The guy got exactly what he deserved. Only an out and out idiot comes to Thailand and thinks he can do and act the same as back home. This prat found out the hard way YOU CAN"T!!!!!

Enjoy the BKK Hilton my friend :D

Also the title doesn't mention Irishman it says Belfast Man. Which part of this do you disagree with as the guy is from Belfast ? :o

Edited by H2oDunc

Surely that's the race card all played out?

Please don't let it decend into the religious side of north & south Ireland, I'm sure everyone's heard enough about this already!

Mods - do everyone a favour and close this before it goes further down the pan!

IMHO, that only hurts those that are paying attention and posting responsibly and wish to continue to do so.

IMHO, a far better solution is to deal individually with those that fail to meet that criteria.

He holds a UK passport and is British the same guy would punch you in the nose if you said any different......up to him

This man is not Irish he is a loyalist ie loyal to the Queen of England,he was also a member of a bunch of cowards called the Ulster freedom fighters,(UFF)who where the main suppliers of Heroin to schools and youth club's.He ran away to LOS after a warning from The Irish Republican Army concerning his drug dealing's.A shinning example of Jaffa (Orangeman)May it pass slowly. :ph34r:

but there is just something not right about this case

he was dealing drugs in thailand of that there is no doubt......................trust me I know

Most of my Northern Irish mates who now reside in England and have done since their youth, class themselves as Irish not English. to me anyone that is born is Ireland is Irish, just as anyone who is born in England is English, whatever side of the North/South divide.

If this guy was dealing in drugs he deserves his punishment ans I guess that he would be slightly more comfortable in and Irish nick, rather than the 'Big tiger'

Cheers, Rick

And anyone who is born in wales is welsh..rolleyes.gif

Cheers, Rick

And any one born in wales is welsh rolleyes.gif

Edited by welsh1

Where anyone is born is an accident of birth, no more no less.

But it can hardly be an accident not to have studied the laws of the place you might move to and live -particularly if you are intent on breaking some obvious laws.

Most countries expect that anyone breaking their laws is tried, sentenced and serves their time in whatever their penal system has.

Thailand is no different.

No one can expect the penal conditions of their home country to apply to another country and if you want comfortable prisons, then break the law in places that have them, not here.

I find it hard to be sympathetic towards this man and any who follow his disregard for the laws of any land they live in.

look just to ckear this up for what it's worth

People born in England are English but also British and are from the UK

People born in Scotland are Scotish but also British and are from the UK

People born in Wales .....................................................................

People born in N'Ireland are Northern Irish but also British and are from the UK

Some people born in N'Ireland regard themselves as Irish even though they are British and from the UK but prefer to regard themselves as Irish citizens not British and not from the UK, they can carry an Irish passport or British or both .. up to them, that is the nature of the beast..........simple :blink:

Spot on Smedly. I was born in N Ireland and carry a Brithish Passport. I am, for all intents and purposes British. Been thinking of getting my aussie citizenship considering I've been her for all but 4 years of my 47 year life but what the hel_l, easier to travel on British passport.

The guy is a nob, I don't care how hard up you may be, never ever ever sell drugs to anyone. Doesn't matter if the country has a death penalty deterrent, just don't do it, crazy.

Edited by Wallaby

A man born in Ireland is a Man of Ireland therefore, an Irishman, should he choose to take the title. North or South is a religious and political divide that doesn't change where he was born, brought up, and where he won't get to see for a very long time.

The fact that he holds a passport of a given country doesn't change his geographical and historical roots. That is how us Celts like it. Born of or born in and acknowledging your upbringing is good enough.

Irishman [ˈaɪrɪʃmən]

n pl -men

(Social Science / Peoples) a male native, citizen, or inhabitant of Ireland or a male descendant of someone Irish

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Irishman

Edited by Thai at Heart

Surely that's the race card all played out?

Please don't let it decend into the religious side of north & south Ireland, I'm sure everyone's heard enough about this already!

Race card no, Ireland is an island, with Irish people born there, they are all Irish. It is within any UK governments power to join the communities of the island to it's original status, ie; give back the land.

But the majority of Northern Irelands citizens don't want to be joined with The Irish Republic, they want to remain part of the UK. Forcing them to become part of the Irish Republic against their will would undoubtedly end in a civil war in Ireland that would make the 1970's troubles look like a minor scuffle after a teenagers church disco.