Lets Find A Solution

mightyharriss

Hi Guys, I am in the process of starting a Facebook page in the hope that we get enough member to join with enough complaints about TOT/True/Maxnet bandwidth throtteling. This is not affecting just those downloading torrents, but now is effecting online gaming. For those of you with a PS3 or Xbox 360, problems began a little over a month ago. Playstation network timing out, unable to get connections outside of Thailand.

If you have this problem, and I get enough feedback here, I will get the group set up ASAP so we have something concrete to go to these companies with. The Gaming community is big here, so please if you like the idea, I will make it so

MIGHTYHARRISS:jap:

• Like 1

AN OPEN LETTER TO SONY:

Dear Sony,

I represent a group of over 200 gamers in Thailand that are consistently having problems online with all games on the playstation network, for the last month this has been very apparent.

It was recently announced that TOT and other ISP's have been throtteling torrents here in Thailand, now I know this is not Sony's concern, but it does affect online gaming. When playing online, packets of data are sent and received in the same way that torrents are sent and received, so these ISP's by choking people's downloads, they are also affecting the online gaming community in Thailand.

If this continues you will find less purchases made for FPS games and you will lose out on money through the PSN for add ons for various games.

Sony is a huge company, and although we are just a small group of gamers, I am sure that you can see that there is a pattern emerging which need to be addressed

Is this a problem your end, or is the problem with The Thai ISP's throtteling torrents(this is basically how online runs is it not)

PLEASE HELP US ALL IN THAILAND

Ian Harriss

• Like 1

AN OPEN LETTER TO SONY:

Dear Sony,

I represent a group of over 200 gamers in Thailand that are consistently having problems online with all games on the playstation network, for the last month this has been very apparent.

It was recently announced that TOT and other ISP's have been throtteling torrents here in Thailand, now I know this is not Sony's concern, but it does affect online gaming. When playing online, packets of data are sent and received in the same way that torrents are sent and received, so these ISP's by choking people's downloads, they are also affecting the online gaming community in Thailand.

If this continues you will find less purchases made for FPS games and you will lose out on money through the PSN for add ons for various games.

Sony is a huge company, and although we are just a small group of gamers, I am sure that you can see that there is a pattern emerging which need to be addressed

Is this a problem your end, or is the problem with The Thai ISP's throtteling torrents(this is basically how online runs is it not)

PLEASE HELP US ALL IN THAILAND

Ian Harriss

Good luck with Sony....

The Sony BMG CD copy protection scandal concerns the copy protection measures included by Sony BMG on compact discs in 2005. Sony BMG included the Extended Copy Protection (XCP) and MediaMax CD-3 software on music CDs. XCP was put on 52 titles[1] and MediaMax was put on 50 titles.[2] This software was automatically installed on Windows desktop computers when customers tried to play the CDs. The software interferes with the normal way in which the Microsoft Windows operating system plays CDs by installing a rootkit which creates vulnerabilities for other malware to exploit. This was discovered and publicly revealed by Mark Russinovich on the Sysinternals blog. Other operating systems were not affected.

As a result, a number of parties have filed lawsuits against Sony BMG; the company ended up recalling all the affected CDs; and greater public attention was drawn to the issue of commercially-backed spyware and rootkits. Additionally, further investigation revealed that Sony had created its copyright protection software, in part, using LAME code written by Jon Lech Johansen, violating the GNU Lesser General Public License.[3]

Btw, your protest might not work out at all because Microsoft and Sony both neglect Thailand because of all the piracy and shady stuff that goes on in retail gaming consoles here. Xbox isn't even imported into Thailand under regular licensing.

Edited by wintermute

The solution is for the government to legislate minimum acceptable performance or 'truth in advertising' regarding package speeds. ISPs should not be allowed to completely wash their hands with a 'speed not guaranteed' clause in the fine print. That just gives ISPs the incentive to chronically overload the available bandwidth to maximise profit.

Our work ISP defines a 'working' internet connection as anything you can ping a single packet through.

• Like 1

The solution is for the government to legislate minimum acceptable performance or 'truth in advertising' regarding package speeds. ISPs should not be allowed to completely wash their hands with a 'speed not guaranteed' clause in the fine print. That just gives ISPs the incentive to chronically overload the available bandwidth to maximise profit.

Our work ISP defines a 'working' internet connection as anything you can ping a single packet through.

Ok since when have the Thai govt or businesses ever cared about consumer interests beyond an immediate sale?

The chances of them playing fair is very low. Even Canadian and U.S. isps were allowed to do whatever they want and consumer laws are much stronger over there than here.

Ok since when have the Thai govt or businesses ever cared about consumer interests beyond an immediate sale?

The chances of them playing fair is very low. Even Canadian and U.S. isps were allowed to do whatever they want and consumer laws are much stronger over there than here.

The thing is, when they work they actually peform a lot better than companies I used in the UK, it just seems as soon as there is something the GVmt don't want people to see or hear there is an influx of blocked sites and choked speeds.

I for one would be more than happy to pay a flat fee for a decent connection and pay extra for download data(as long as it is reasonable). Gaming is disgusting and has been worse over the past couple of months.. As I mentioned earlier online gaming uses the same online packet data as torrents, so what are we all supposed to do.

Also the goverment cant even sort out 3G, we can hardly expect them to sort out the internet unless we all send them some money to spend on their wives and girlfriends

Edited by mightyharriss