Kawazaki Voyager 1200 (1995)

Hi fellas,

A pal of mine is contemplating buying this bike for a reported purchase price of Bt.180,000

I said I would try to find out its true value here in Thailand. I would like to go to a site where I can find out the history of the thing prior to its arrival here in '95. I have the chassis No and all the details in the green book.

Its original owner had it for 9 years and sold it in '04 and now the new owner is selling it (both Thai).

Anyone know how I can find out how old this bike was before coming to Thailand??

Assistance from the floor would be appreciated

T.

Hi fellas,

A pal of mine is contemplating buying this bike for a reported purchase price of Bt.180,000

I said I would try to find out its true value here in Thailand. I would like to go to a site where I can find out the history of the thing prior to its arrival here in '95. I have the chassis No and all the details in the green book.

Its original owner had it for 9 years and sold it in '04 and now the new owner is selling it (both Thai).

Anyone know how I can find out how old this bike was before coming to Thailand??

Assistance from the floor would be appreciated

T.

180000bht does'nt seem bad. You could always knock it back and buy my 94 Intruder 1400 for 160000bht.

Teach, It will be pretty hard to find out any info about the bike before it got here except for what the original owners are willing to say to you. You must know that both the engine number AND the frame numbers MUST match or you will have a hard tme registering the bike anywhere else except where it is NOW. The other way is to PAY off someone to accomplish this. When my big bike is finished 1986 Kawasaki Eliminator 900cc, I won't be excepting anywhere close to that amount, she will be worth heaps more if to no one else than me. LOL

Take the engine and frame numbers to any club for this bike and you can find out heaps about the bike itself, just not what or where before it got here. (unless of course it was stolen and some one sees their bike) :o

Edited by Kringle

Teach

I have a 1997 Kawasaki 800 Vulcan Classic 14000 kms, purchased recently from a chap here in Bangkok.

180000 would seem the current dealer asking range (bit steep for me personally I would use 145 as a starting figure) for a bike in good condition although they are about for less - chap down in Pataya recently sold his for 120 he was originally asking 160.

There was a 800 Vulcan Classic on the Udon FBI Misc site for ages he wanted 175 no rego no green book???

Dont buy a bike unless it has all the correct paperwork with matching numbers is my advice others may differ.

Now the other side of the coin:

Are you sure your friends bike is called a voyager (??)

http://www.kawasaki.ca/museum.html#1990s

Check the site above as the Vulcan in a 750 for was introduced in about 84 the Classic 800/1500 came into being 1996.

I am no expert but be careful my young brother has been in the motorcycle game for the past 25 years his web site is www.nmw.com.au or he can be emailed at [email protected] he would be happy to offer assistance re models etc.

The other contact I have found here in Thailand is Vidakom or Pawat @ Red Baron Bangkok 027294131-2 they were only too happy to assist me with advice and both are very knowlegeable about big bikes being brought into Thailand.

Teach

I have a 1997 Kawasaki 800 Vulcan Classic 14000 kms, purchased recently from a chap here in Bangkok.

180000 would seem the current dealer asking range (bit steep for me personally 150 I would use as a starting figure - if all is very good condition especially private sale) for a bike in good condition although they are about for less - chap down in Pataya recently sold his for 120 he was originally asking 160.

There was a 800 Vulcan Classic on the Udon FBI Misc site for ages he wanted 175 no rego no green book???

Dont buy a bike unless it has all the correct paperwork with matching numbers is my advice others may differ.

Now the other side of the coin:

Are you sure your friends bike is called a voyager (??)

http://www.kawasaki.ca/museum.html#1990s

Check the site above as the Vulcan in a 750 form was introduced in about 84 the Classic 800/1500 came into being 1996.

I am no expert but be careful my young brother has been in the motorcycle game for the past 25 years his web site is www.nmw.com.au or he can be emailed at [email protected] he would be happy to offer assistance re models etc.

The other contact I have found here in Thailand is Vidakom or Pawat @ Red Baron Bangkok 027294131-2 they were only too happy to assist me with advice and both are very knowlegeable on big bikes being brought into Thailand.

I stepped away from my computer for a day, but now I'm back.

Thanks guy's inc. DaveT helpful notes.

I have a photo of the bike if only I knew how to post it but according to the green book the numbers match and it is called a Voyager???

The concensus suggests that 180k isn't too far off dependent on condition. I myself haven't seen it in the flesh but apparently the shocks need new seals. They are what appears to be the inflatable type with air valves???

If anyone knows how i can simply post the snap I'll do so.

T.

Teach

"The concensus suggests that 180k isn't too far off dependent on condition. I myself haven't seen it in the flesh but apparently the shocks need new seals. They are what appears to be the inflatable type with air valves???"

Is your friend having a lend of you - motorcycle pump up shocks :o

sonong1

Lots of air shocks for bikes out there and has been for years. I just wish I could rebuild the ones I have to keep the bike stock because one of mine leaks oil.

Sorry Kringle yes but I should have been more explicit " on a 95 Voyager"

Main point being Voyager???

Teach

Also in the same year, sales of the Vulcan 1500 Classic commenced. The new American-style Cruiser featured a v-Twin engine and was considered the world’s largest displacement mass production motorcycle.

Edited by sonong1