Can I Obtain Yellow Tambien Ban?

Hi All,

I've been trying to find out if i'm eligable for the Yellow Tambien Ban.

I have tried to extract the info from the forum here, but it seems everybody has a visa to remain in Thailand.

The problem i have is, i come home (Thailand) every 2-3 month & stay for 2 weeks at a time (I work abroad in Saudi Arabia), therfore cannot obtain residency or anything else i believe?

I'm British & have been married legally in Thailand for 3 years.

i/we have a house in nonthaburi, in my wife's name

Any help would be appreciated.

Khob khun khrub

Chris

Easier yet since your wife has a house in her name I assume see has a blue house book and if so YOU are eligible to be added to that book. This would do the same thing for you as your own yellow book. PS How's the sand box?

Edited by gotlost

Hi Crisp,

I have a yellow Tabien Baan book, but it was a bit of a pain to get. I am also married to a Thai and have been for 2 years. The house is in her name and of course she has the blue book.

We went to the land office in Pattaya and asked if it was possible and they replied that is was. I needed to get 3 friends the sign that they knew me and had to get my passport and visa details translated to Thai. OK I got the Thai seller of the house and his family to vouch for me and then got the passport translated. The application took around 2 months, but finally I got it. By the way I have an O visa.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers, Rick

What difference would it make.?.

just a few advantages such as -

1. No need for the house owner to report your arrival back in the Kingdom within 24 hours,

2. When changing visa type can assist to establish one's permanency here.

3. When applying for Thai Citizenship can assist with establishing one's permanency.

4. With the yellow book, no need to go to Embassy/Consulate for documentation to prove your residency in the Kingdom..this alone can save you a lot of expense and running about for matters such as -

a. opening a bank account,

b. opening a business,

c. buying a motor vehicle, etc.

What difference would it make.?.

just a few advantages such as -

1. No need for the house owner to report your arrival back in the Kingdom within 24 hours,

2. When changing visa type can assist to establish one's permanency here.

3. When applying for Thai Citizenship can assist with establishing one's permanency.

4. With the yellow book, no need to go to Embassy/Consulate for documentation to prove your residency in the Kingdom..this alone can save you a lot of expense and running about for matters such as -

a. opening a bank account,

b. opening a business,

c. buying a motor vehicle, etc.

Believe you even have to be on a tabien baan to apply for Thai nationality.

The only thing I have found its good for is no need for a certificate of residency from immigration about 95% of the time. There is always some one that will not accept it. The OP doesn't need a book but if he wants YTB I suggest to make it easier to go on a marriage visa even thought he does not need it. As I said he can be put on his wife's house book if she has one for her house. The main reason for a farang to have a house is to eliminate the need for CR from immigration.

Edited by gotlost

"What difference would it make?"

"Positive and supportive advise. I dearly love it."

Maybe he really wanted to know what difference it would make.

Not everyone knows everything.

Now, falling into that category myself:

"As I said he can be put on his wife's house book if she has one for her house."

I thought we couldn't be put on the blue books. Is this something new, or have I been misunderstanding about that?

Chris: Posts 8 and 9 are spot on. My experience with obtaining a Yellow House book while I lived in a rental house was darn easy Up Country. Could have happened in one day, with maybe two visits, but due to me not reading ALL the info on Thai Visa it took four trips to a Government office over a 26 hour period. No cost, darn friendly people at the Government office. Some funny questions they have to ask you and then they type into a computer.

For my 2nd Yellow House book once we moved to a home we own, it took two trips to the new town office and one trip to the original government office to get a stamp placed in my first yellow house book. All very easy for the 2nd book. NONE of the office visits we did were at a "land office".

You will save TIME and MONEY if you have a yellow house book. No need to wait and pay at your embassy or Thai immigration for letters of residence for many procedures you might want to accomplish in Thailand if you have the Yellow House book.

Good luck and it is a worthwhile effort in my opinion.

Chris: Posts 8 and 9 are spot on. My experience with obtaining a Yellow House book while I lived in a rental house was darn easy Up Country. Could have happened in one day, with maybe two visits, but due to me not reading ALL the info on Thai Visa it took four trips to a Government office over a 26 hour period. No cost, darn friendly people at the Government office. Some funny questions they have to ask you and then they type into a computer.

For my 2nd Yellow House book once we moved to a home we own, it took two trips to the new town office and one trip to the original government office to get a stamp placed in my first yellow house book. All very easy for the 2nd book. NONE of the office visits we did were at a "land office".

You will save TIME and MONEY if you have a yellow house book. No need to wait and pay at your embassy or Thai immigration for letters of residence for many procedures you might want to accomplish in Thailand if you have the Yellow House book.

Good luck and it is a worthwhile effort in my opinion.

Hi,

Thanks everybody for their inputs.

I will start the ball rolling on my next vist home.

Chris

Does having your name on wife's blue book or my yellow tabien book eliminate the need for the 90 day check in with the parole office [immigration]??

That would be the largest advantage I can see and most logical, but TIT and logic is thrown out the window sometimes.

Does having your name on wife's blue book or my yellow tabien book eliminate the need for the 90 day check in with the parole office [immigration]??

That would be the largest advantage I can see and most logical, but TIT and logic is thrown out the window sometimes.

Nope. You still have to report. :(

Easier yet since your wife has a house in her name I assume see has a blue house book and if so YOU are eligible to be added to that book. This would do the same thing for you as your own yellow book. PS How's the sand box?

As a foreigner you can be added to blue house book only when you are granted permanent residency. So OP needs to get yellow one on his wifes house address.

Did this few months ago in Bangkok. What you need OP is non-O visa that you can get from embassy by showing your marriage certificate. I did mine on single entry and just had to explain that i do live in Thailand but work outside as they asked why i don't have annual extension of stay. Other requirement was translated and certified copy of passport (stamps from embassy and then from MFA). Loads of passport photos, marriage docs and wife's docs as property owner. Also had birth cert for the kid. Took one day to process.

• 4 months later...

A german friend of mine who resides In Prasat (Surin Province) is renting a house.The Thai owner took him to the local land office.And 3 hours later he was issued with his Yellow house book.Apparently he only had to produce his passport.Nothing else!

He is on a O retirement visa and has lived in Thailand for 7 years

Edited by KhunAussie52

• 7 months later...

The staff in the Government offices in Nonthaburi will issue one, if you go there, the first building on the left as you enter the complex by car from Rattantibeth, go up the stairs and see the women at the information desks which are on the right, the office where they deal with your application is just behind the girls on the right.

I had no problems but I have a Non Immigrant O visa, which has been extended quite regularly.

You get issued a Yellow Book.

Marriage docs and proof that my wife owned the Condos were required.

Edited by beano2274

The biggest advantage of having a 'yellow book' is the fact you can get free treatment at government hospitals, including medicines.

If you have a hospital card or SSN.

The 'hospital card' is given automatically when you are issued the 'yellow book'. Initially they give you a piece of official paper for one month. At the end of that month you get the official card.

The biggest advantage of having a 'yellow book' is the fact you can get free treatment at government hospitals, including medicines.

If you have a hospital card or SSN.

The 'hospital card' is given automatically when you are issued the 'yellow book'. Initially they give you a piece of official paper for one month. At the end of that month you get the official card.

I actually had the card before the yellow book. Thanks for clarification.

According to the rules at Srinakarin Hospital, Khon Kaen, you need to be married.

I actually had the card before the yellow book. Thanks for clarification.

Impossible. You have to have the book first, which has a 13 digit number on it. The card cannot be printed until that number is known and can't be determined prior to issue. The Thai medical card is coloured yellow & blue. The card you have may be just your normal hospital card that you show so they can access your records.

According to the rules at Srinakarin Hospital, Khon Kaen, you need to be married.

Just to correct you a little there 'JRinger'. You have to prove you are married to a Thai national before the 'yellow book' is issued at the Ampur. The hospital doesn't enqire if you are married, as that check was/has already been done prior to issuing the book. The rules are enforced by the Ampur, not the hospital.

Just to correct you a little there 'JRinger'. You have to prove you are married to a Thai national before the 'yellow book' is issued at the Ampur. The hospital doesn't enqire if you are married, as that check was/has already been done prior to issuing the book. The rules are enforced by the Ampur, not the hospital.

You don't need to correct me, even a little...I have a yellow book and guess what, I'm not married..any more false information to add? This is what makes this forum great, armchair experts such as yourself that think they know everything and all the answers.

Anything else you profess to be an expert on you may want to reconsider before posting it.

Edited by JRinger