Place To Stay

Spankybob

Greetings,

I will be in chiang mai for about 3 months...I need a low budget ($300 a month) place to stay...i for sure will need a good internet connection and that's about it...can anyone recom a place within the old city....thanks in advance richard...

Hi Richard

We get a lot of these types of requests in the CM forum, and although you've specified an area and limited facilities (which is more than a lot do), you still lack details of which I'm sure there must be more?

For example, are you looking for a place with a pool, cable TV, walking distance to anywhere in particular, cheap hotel, guest house, apartment, or condo? Not everyone wants to mingle with backpackers or tourists, but if you're really not fussed so long as you have a room (or 2?), with internet, then the sky is your limit at around 10.000 THB/Mo. ;)

There are many apartment buildings now offering daily, weekly, and monthly rates to compete with the hotels, and there are also some hotels that are reserving high floors for longstay guests in competition with apartment accommodation.

Throw a few more details into your post (if your have any), and I'm sure some of the forum members will be able to point you to a few places.

Aitch

Hi Richard

For example, are you looking for a place with a pool, cable TV, walking distance to anywhere in particular, cheap hotel, guest house, apartment, or condo? Not everyone wants to mingle with backpackers or tourists, but if you're really not fussed so long as you have

Aitch

Read the OP Aitch

...i for sure will need a good internet connection and that's about it

When will you be here? You can rent a small house for $300 a month.

...for at least 6 months (when you 're lucky, but more likely you have to rent for a year)

A good serviced apartment is an option. I opt for a smaller building, better and more personal service. Personally I don't like to stay in the centre (Huay Kauw, Nimmhanemein) , crowdy, noisy.

Greetings,

A small house is not really that good for me...However a serviced apartment sounds great!...I will be in Chiang Mai mid September...

Thanks

When will you be here? You can rent a small house for $300 a month.

...for at least 6 months (when you 're lucky, but more likely you have to rent for a year)

A good serviced apartment is an option. I opt for a smaller building, better and more personal service. Personally I don't like to stay in the centre (Huay Kauw, Nimmhanemein) , crowdy, noisy.

Greetings, Aitch

Thanks for the advice...I am still checking on places..I do not need a pool although cable tv would be nice...and I would like to be near the night bazzar if possible...a cheap guest house, serviced apartment or condo would be what I am looking for...Thanks Again Richard

Hi Richard

We get a lot of these types of requests in the CM forum, and although you've specified an area and limited facilities (which is more than a lot do), you still lack details of which I'm sure there must be more?

For example, are you looking for a place with a pool, cable TV, walking distance to anywhere in particular, cheap hotel, guest house, apartment, or condo? Not everyone wants to mingle with backpackers or tourists, but if you're really not fussed so long as you have a room (or 2?), with internet, then the sky is your limit at around 10.000 THB/Mo. ;)

There are many apartment buildings now offering daily, weekly, and monthly rates to compete with the hotels, and there are also some hotels that are reserving high floors for longstay guests in competition with apartment accommodation.

Throw a few more details into your post (if your have any), and I'm sure some of the forum members will be able to point you to a few places.

Aitch