Have You Ever Tried To Rescue A "Fallen" Woman?

Loz

Ever tried to rescue a woman of the night?   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saw a disturbing sight last night, very young girl, old man entering a venue that made their "arrangement" quite apparent. Girl looked school age and I though for a moment, what a shame, wonder if she'd be glad of a house cleaning job (My domestic help has left). Then I realised how silly that sounded even in my onwn head. I know nothing about her etc...

But made me wonder how many of us think about rescuing these little urchins from their life which by our self imposed standards looks tragic. Wondered if anyone has even got a success storie or cuationary tale.

Hope this is not a forbidden subject as its really just about "naam jai".

Lets see... :huh:

More than a few times. So far I've had about a 20% success ratio. But, it's cost me a bit of money that I've been willing to spend. The losses are frustrating though, and especially so when they've been given a new start wih a new source of income. Unfortunately, for too many Thais they don't look much further ahead than 2 minutes into the future. It's not much different than those unfortunate individuals that get caught in the drug scene.

Very honorable cause indeed.

The problem occurs if the lady already has been in a certain profession for some time already.

We human beings are excellent in adapting into any situation.

This also means that the ladies will after a certain amount of time, get used to their profession.

Especially the money which comes with it.

They will become what we call a Pro.

So by getting them a new decent job (a new life), which is of course for the best, the possibility the lady will return to former profession is always there, due to the income she used to have.

Because one has a certain profession, does not mean one is less intelligent, so the majority of the ladies in this profession know what value they represent, and what they can get in the future if they play their cards right.

The young ones must be helped by offering them jobs/education before they enter into the business.

Just my oppinion.

Would acutally be happy if I was wrong.

Very honorable cause indeed.

The problem occurs if the lady already has been in a certain profession for some time already.

We human beings are excellent in adapting into any situation.

This also means that the ladies will after a certain amount of time, get used to their profession.

Especially the money which comes with it.

They will become what we call a Pro.

So by getting them a new decent job (a new life), which is of course for the best, the possibility the lady will return to former profession is always there, due to the income she used to have.

Because one has a certain profession, does not mean one is less intelligent, so the majority of the ladies in this profession know what value they represent, and what they can get in the future if they play their cards right.

The young ones must be helped by offering them jobs/education before they enter into the business.

Just my oppinion.

Would acutally be happy if I was wrong.

Thumbs up

I thought about it, then I realized that how can you "rescue" someone who wants to be where they are at. We all make our choices, and there is always work on the rice paddy or in construction, though it simply doesn't pay as well as selling their tail.

• Like 2

I thought about it, then I realized that how can you "rescue" someone who wants to be where they are at. We all make our choices, and there is always work on the rice paddy or in construction, though it simply doesn't pay as well as selling their tail.

Understand your point.

It is profit which is the only reason.

But I think if there were some more options for people involved, this business would not have been as big as it is now.

The % of ladies whom enjoy the business is most likely microscopical.

I believe they enjoy the lifestyle as well as the money.

The drinking, drugs, party atmosphere, clothes and excitement.

Most of the girls fail to keep any of the money.

Yes they do have to shag old unattractive men, but that doesn't take up much of their time.

Many western women seem to view sex as a rather unpleasant chore, even with someone they supposedly love, I'm not sure Thai ladies think of it in quite the same way.

I did try to save one lady, but she got bored after a few months and started fooling around (with other old white guys). This was despite a lifestyle beyond the one she formerly had and her mortgage payments being paid every month.

I left, the bank foreclosed.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I believe they enjoy the lifestyle.

Yes they do have to shag old unattractive men, but that doesn't take up much of their time.

Many western women seem to view sex as a rather unpleasant chore, even with someone they supposedly love, I'm not sure Thai ladies think of it in quite the same way.

I did try to save one lady, but she got bored after a few months and started fooling around (with other old white guys). This was despite a lifestyle beyond the one she formerly had and her mortgage payments being paid every month.

They do, as all other human beings, get the best out their situation.

I would NOT enjoy being "used" while in prison.

Even if they gave me money for it.

I would, probably enjoy the money later.

I know, extreme case, but still.

Understand your point.

But I think if there were some more options for people involved, this business would not have been as big as it is now.

There are many other options, they are just nowhere near as well paid....

Of course they don't enjoy the 'attentions' of some old fart, but financially its well worth it. Plus, they are lucky enough to feel no shame! No idea why, the only explanation I've heard is that Thais don't think of sex as 'love-making' the way we do - sex is just a bodily function and not important.

It makes sense, but do they stock up on lubricating aids?? I'm genuinely curious.

Thai society may shun them, but luckily farang society doesn't.

Understand your point.

Of course they don't enjoy the 'attentions' of some old fart, but financially its well worth it. Plus, they are lucky enough to feel no shame! No idea why, the only explanation I've heard is that Thais don't think of sex as 'love-making' the way we do - sex is just a bodily function and not important.

It makes sense, but do they stock up on lubricating aids?? I'm genuinely curious.

You asked the question so I went across the hall and asked four retired bar girls.

I asked about a particular bar they are all familiar with that is really a lot of fun.

I asked if they liked the sex or the money and what percent.

Their consensus was women between the ages of 25 and 35 are very sad if they don’t have sex every day. Two days and very very sad. They like the money and the sex 50/50. Women over 45 only do it for the money.

They don’t have any lubricant because they have lots of their own, not my words.

I also found out about why they like to have sex with old men but don’t think I should go into it. Suffice it to say the only real prejudice is very fat men regardless of age.

Edited by mark45y
  • Like 1

Understand your point.

You asked the question so I went across the hall and asked four retired bar girls.

I asked about a particular bar they are all familiar with that is really a lot of fun.

Their consensus was women between the ages of 25 and 35 are very sad if they don’t have sex every day. Two days and very very sad. They like the money and the sex 50/50. Women over 45 only do it for the money.

They don’t have any lubricant because they have lots of their own, not my words.

I also found out about why they like to have sex with old men but don’t think I should go into it. Suffice it to say the only real prejudice is very fat men regardless of age.

And if you had asked, "Would you rather have had an OK job/education" or "work in the bar where the money and sex are"?

What do you think the answer would have been?

And,

If another person (a Thai man or lady, old or young) had asked that same question.

Would the answers been the same?

Statistics are fun to spin.

I agree with you. If you want to 'save' someone from that profession, you should first figure out if they really want saving. And finding that out needn't require a lot of money, but it would need a fair bit of time. And if that time turns out to be expensive, then it's probably a no-no.

Understand your point.

Why do I think they may have a reason for giving you the answers you wanted to hear?

As another poster pointed out, if a 'respectable' Thai had asked the same questions, somehow I think the answers may have been different :lol:.

Not important really, at the end of the day they've chosen an occupation that pays them FAR more than any other job they could have obtained, so they are happy.

Thai society would NEVER have welcomed uneducated, poor women from certain areas. So where's the down-side for them?

Old = unnatractive. Young = attractive? Ask the girls - you might get some surprises.

Old = unnatractive. Young = attractive? Ask the girls - you might get some surprises.

Of course you will! They know where their bread and butter lies - and its certainly not in telling old farang that they find them repulsive.....:lol:

• Like 1

I hear what you are saying. But in defense of their objectivity none of them works in a bar anymore and the ladies are not available for rent. I didn’t ask them about themselves I asked them about ladies currently working at a bar they all know.

They know I don’t go to bars so there was no future business considered when I asked.

I can understand because I am old they would not say anything that would offend an older man.

I also suspect they also have Thai boyfriends so going a day without sex is rare.

Why wouldn’t a respectable Thai ask the same questions? Because they already know the answers.

I don’t think the answer applies to only bar girls. I had a young friend who was a sex god. Didn’t have a lot of money but he was OK and he liked sports almost any kind of sports and was in shape. He was raised in Thailand although of European ancestry. We went out with some of the same women. They gave me a fair comparison. He was like the Eveready bunny and I took them out for dinner afterwards. With him they staggered home in the morning barely able to walk. We each had our place in the scope of things.

I don’t think Thai women across the board are any more horny than any other nationality. But habit is habit and if you get used to sex a lot it becomes a habit.

I dated a woman who had worked in Singapore. We went for three months without any intimate behavior although we slept together every night. She was burned out. You can get too much of a good thing.

But I do think one should keep in mind if one rescues a woman from a bar there will be certain expectations to meet, only one of which is financial.

I'll tell you what: you visit any bar in one of the above named areas, look at the fat sleezy farangs behaving like idiots - and on top of everything getting scammed every other day - then ask yourself who's in need of rescuing?

I hear what you are saying. But in defense of their objectivity none of them works in a bar anymore and the ladies are not available for rent. I didn't ask them about themselves I asked them about ladies currently working at a bar they all know.

They know I don't go to bars so there was no future business considered when I asked.

I can understand because I am old they would not say anything that would offend an older man.

I also suspect they also have Thai boyfriends so going a day without sex is rare.

Why wouldn't a respectable Thai ask the same questions? Because they already know the answers.

I don't think the answer applies to only bar girls. I had a young friend who was a sex god. Didn't have a lot of money but he was OK and he liked sports almost any kind of sports and was in shape. He was raised in Thailand although of European ancestry. We went out with some of the same women. They gave me a fair comparison. He was like the Eveready bunny and I took them out for dinner afterwards. With him they staggered home in the morning barely able to walk. We each had our place in the scope of things.

I don't think Thai women across the board are any more horny than any other nationality. But habit is habit and if you get used to sex a lot it becomes a habit.

I dated a woman who had worked in Singapore. We went for three months without any intimate behavior although we slept together every night. She was burned out. You can get too much of a good thing.

But I do think one should keep in mind if one rescues a woman from a bar there will be certain expectations to meet, only one of which is financial.

To get a better picture of how genuine these ladies views are, it would be interesting to know what they are doing now for a living. Did they change their bar job 'cos they decided it was morally unacceptable? If not, why?

You could be right, but women in the sex trade generally go right off sex - its hard to believe that its entirely different here and it becomes a 'habit' for them - especially that their 'habit' means finding old men more attractive than young men of their own age.

As the old song goes..

My brother's a poor missionary

He saves fallen women from sin

He'll save you a blonde for 5 dollars

My god how the money rolls in

There are as many options as there are women. Some can be helped but most can't. But, that doesn't mean you can't make someone's life a little better... even if they stay in the trade. If you walk around the bar scene as I have done you'll notice VERY few real beauties working the open bars. The exceptions stand out like a flashing beacon. The real beauties get lots of attention and can demand a fair price. That is like a narcotic to most women. But, it's not the norm for most of the bar girls. Women who are getting lots of action and getting paid well can pick and choose their customers. They wouldn't want to leave the bar scene even if you offered them better than average wages earned by professionals in other "accepted" fields.

There are only about 3 options in helping the women working in bars.

1. Marry one and move to Thailand to live full time with the woman in her choice of location well away from the bar scene.

2. Help a new "recruit" just entering the bar scene and give her some training in another occupation that pays a reasonable wage. It is expensive, but it can work about 20% of the time.

3. Do the same for an older woman who is no longer getting the customers she once had.