Thailand Ranked 50th On World's Most Unequal Income Distribution Index

webfact

only about 9 out of 64 million Thai people file their income tax returns yearly; however, only 2.3 million of them actually pay taxes, while the other 7 million are exempted from the

:w00t: Proofreader must have taken the day off.

...or maybe somebody has a reading comprehension problem?

:w00t:

JohnLeech, I think you are mistaken on a number of points.

Schooling above high school level is way beyond most financially.

Not true. Student loans are available all and sundry. There is no financial requirement for parents. A rajabhat or rajamangala costs very little and the debt burden would not be high for graduate. Universities are a little more expensive, but not exorbitantly so. The loan scheme is there for all who are willing to borrow for their education and future.

Universal health care is only available to tax-payers.

Not true at all. Universal health care is available to every Thai citizen whether they pay taxes or not. You are misinformed.

The 30 baht (yellow card) scheme is strictly limited not only in what it covers but, more importantly, where it can be used - it only provides cover in the area where the card is issued and the holder resident.

Not true. The card can be used at any government or military hospital in the country. Under the 30-bt Thaksin scheme what you are saying was true. However, this has been changed under the current government.

• Like 1

JohnLeech, I think you are mistaken on a number of points.

Schooling above high school level is way beyond most financially.

Not true. Student loans are available all and sundry. There is no financial requirement for parents. A rajabhat or rajamangala costs very little and the debt burden would not be high for graduate. Universities are a little more expensive, but not exorbitantly so. The loan scheme is there for all who are willing to borrow for their education and future.

Universal health care is only available to tax-payers.

Not true at all. Universal health care is available to every Thai citizen whether they pay taxes or not. You are misinformed.

The 30 baht (yellow card) scheme is strictly limited not only in what it covers but, more importantly, where it can be used - it only provides cover in the area where the card is issued and the holder resident.

Not true. The card can be used at any government or military hospital in the country. Under the 30-bt Thaksin scheme what you are saying was true. However, this has been changed under the current government.

This was explained to me only yesterday. The card allows free medical at a designated hospital locally. If you need treatment in another hospital i.e emergency, you pay and claim it back. Who you claim it back from I don't know.

only about 9 out of 64 million Thai people file their income tax returns yearly; however, only 2.3 million of them actually pay taxes, while the other 7 million are exempted from the

:w00t: Proofreader must have taken the day off.

...or maybe somebody has a reading comprehension problem?

:w00t:

What Again!!!