Tuskers For Sale

bluweyze

I see in the classified ads that Tuskers Bar is for sale. Like many on Thai Visa my first social event was at the 'newcomers' dinner provided by Tuskers.I'm not a regular there because I live out of the city but have frequently stopped in and of course the Thai Visa parties have been held there. I don't know what has made Chas and his beautiful wife Rachel to sell up but I wish them both the very best in whatever they do next and I thank them for their great hospitality especially to newcomers.They will be missed by many at Tuskers

• Like 1

Chas and Rachael are starting a family and feel that the unsocial hours of the bar business will be an unwelcome diversion from the main task in hand - that of bringing up a baby Tusker :rolleyes:. Rachael was positively glowing at her birthday party on Saturday - a joy to see!

They're staying on in CM so I'm sure we'll see some kind of new venture from them in the future.

There was another recent thread on this topic here.

Edited by Greenside

Chas and Rachael are starting a family and feel that the unsocial hours of the bar business will be an unwelcome diversion from the main task in hand - that of bringing up a baby Tusker :rolleyes:. Rachael was positively glowing at her birthday party on Saturday - a joy to see!

They're staying on in CM so I'm sure we'll see some kind of new venture from them in the future.

There was another recent thread on this topic here.

How do the babies know the time ? B)

Certainly raising a newborn or infant or child and so forth is not just a matter of when.

It is an issue of quality, yes, and particularly how much, no?

And if there is anything more draining of time and energy than the "hospitality" or restaurant business....

Edited by CMX

Thank you for your kind comments... it is indeed as Greenside said, we're selling to concentrate on being a family and Tuskers makes that fairly difficult with the late nights and long hours. We will really miss it but are very excited about the next phase in our lives :D

Greenside - 'glowing' is extremely generous.... I would have used the word sober ;)

Thank you for your kind comments... it is indeed as Greenside said, we're selling to concentrate on being a family and Tuskers makes that fairly difficult with the late nights and long hours. We will really miss it but are very excited about the next phase in our lives :D

Greenside - 'glowing' is extremely generous.... I would have used the word sober ;)

Rachele.. Congratulations to you and Chas! Wonderful news and Thip and I wish you all the best. Besides riding elephants across Thailand, opening a great bar, having a baby, and being two of the nicest people in Chiang Mai, any plan is bound to be a good one.

Rachele has stated reason for selling. Speculation for other reasons is not happening here and posts & their reply removed. Think about what effect your comments may have. Congratulations to them both for the upcoming new addition to the family.

If further speculation occurs this will be closed immediately or if they request it, but congrats to them I'm sure is certainly welcome.