Samsung Galaxy S -Price

thaidiver

23,000 THB. No tax. Not sure if this is for the 8G or 16G version.

on the day I got my iPhone 4, as a secondary phone, I also got an android-based Samsung GalaxyS 16GB (at Power Buy MBK)....they said it was a best seller (and last in stock on that day--I kinda believe it because an Indian couple came up right after me and the sales staff said no more)....... comes only in black..........price was a bit over B20,000 (because if you paid with a local Citibank Visa card, you get 8% off)......fantastic phone! (luving it and learning more about android/google stuff........[[[but Android Market really sucks compared to iTunes apps/movie/music store....]]]

..(if I recall correctly, original sticker price was B22,000 and change).....

NOTE: the live animated wallpaper is cool, but a super drain on power (also, apps tend to access internet by themselves, so data charges rack up----)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

21,900 I think I paid and it came with a years data plan (500mb a month).

That's a great deal, can you share any details? Where did you buy? What service provider for data? Thanks.

List prices: 22,900 for 16 GB and 18,900 for 8 GB.

I use a small counter shop in Seacon and they quoted 21,900 for the 16 GB model, but said to check back again before purchase as they may be able to beat that. I did not ask about data plans.

Thai Mobile Center has some retail/wholesale pricing but hard to distinguish between 8 GB and 16 GB models.

FWIW, I posted a query on a Thai forum where AIS employees post and was informed that the Sasmung Galaxy S data promotion has ended recently (presumably as it is 6 months from the original announcement and they want to avoid confusion as they push the HTC Desire HD data promotion (18 months/500 MB per month)).

The original Galaxy S data promotion was:

"AIS customers will have a chance to reserve Samsung Galaxy S first on June 2 and receive special packages: 1 GB *3 months and 500 MB *9 months totaling 7,500 baht. Moreover, the first 500 customers will receive 3,600BT Samsung Digital Photo Frames from AIS.”

which was a decent deal, IMO. <I think you could buy from any outlet and still get that promo.>