Rock Star Reality

baht&sold

There's a new "reality"show on star world ubc at 11pm nightly (I can hear the groaning already;) but this is proving to be darned good fun.

Take one part wunderkind Mark Burnett, add INXS- apparently shopping for a new band leader (MH rip) and mix in 15 talented contestants to start and wey hey, we've got a show!

Ok, I thought this would be just as ridiculous as it sounds (and it is in some ways) all about the money grab on all sides etc. BUT after watching it for 2 nights now, I'm enjoying the performances. No boy/girl band crybaby or rap crap, just straight ahead rock n roll with customised covers thus far. Eg, Should I stay or should I go- Heartbreaker- Fortunate Son, All day and all of the night, etc, etc.

If you're really bored, might check it out :D:o

Link to the show is here

Edited by bahtandsold

There's a new "reality"show on star world ubc at 11pm nightly  (I can hear the groaning already;) but this is proving to be darned good fun.

Take one part wunderkind Mark Burnett, add INXS- apparently shopping for a new band leader (MH rip) and mix in 15 talented contestants to start and wey hey, we've got a show!

Ok, I thought this would be just as ridiculous as it sounds (and it is in some ways) all about the money grab on all sides etc. BUT after watching it for 2 nights now, I'm enjoying the performances. No boy/girl band crybaby or rap crap, just straight ahead rock n roll with customised covers thus far. Eg, Should I stay or should I go- Heartbreaker- Fortunate Son, All day and all of the night, etc, etc.

If you're really bored, might check it out :D  :o

Link to the show is here

A rather unique idea for a rock band, I remember other bands auditioning new members in a studio atmosphere, 10cc....AC/DC....but not testing them out in a live performance atmosphere...good luck to the guys for being innovative....still will have to see how INXS fans take to any new singer.....so far there have been a list of failures for the job.

Actually thought Terrence Trent D'arby had it sewed up at one point? MH, irreplaceble imho but I have to admit, some of these try outs are absolute standouts.

ACDC breathed new life with Brian Johnson but no one could ever truly replace Bon Scott. Thry are the exception rather than the rule.

Eg; Sammy Hagar was at his best singing "I can't drive 55!" not as Van Hagar.

Any other lead singer makeovers that worked I wonder, must be some???

Ronnie Dio did ok with Sabbath , Graham Bonnet as his Rainbow replacement as well.

But I can't see how Paul Rogers could stoop to the level of joining Poodle rockers Queen.... :o

Agreed, well mostly.

Paul Rodgers was at his best with Free and fronting Bad Co.

Queen Poodle rockers? Sheer Heart Attack album is far from that imho.

Tracks:

1. Brighton Rock

2. Killer Queen

3. Tenement Funster

4. Flick Of The Wrist

5. Lily Of The Valley

6. Now I'm Here

7. In The Lap Of The Gods

8. Stone Cold Crazy

9. Dear Friends

10. Misfire

11. Bring Back That Leroy Brown

12. She Makes Me (Stormtrooper In Stilletoes)

13. In The Lap Of The Gods... Revisited

Looking at UBC sched, seems the INXS rock star search is on at 8 pm and repeats at 11:30 for anyone interested.

Apprentice is watchable as well, not to mention Arrested development -

funniest sitcom to come out of the States since the "Larry Sanders" show...again imho :D

UBC:

20:00 Rockstar

20:30 Arrested Development [sw]

21:00 The Apprentice

22:00 Friends [sw]

22:30 Invasion Iowa

23:00 Growing Up Gotti

23:30 Rockstar

Edited by bahtandsold