Boxer Dog

marioumberto

You can check in front of pet shops around town they normally have ads selling various kinds of dogs. i highly recommmend that you buy direct from a home or breeder. The dogs they sell at Hai Ya market have a high chance of dying within days of buying them. I know this through personal experience. Any dog that is sick in the market easily passes it to the other puppies. We had two dogs die from canine distemper within a week of buying them. if you get them from a good breeder or home at eight weeks they should have had their first vacine already and that will help protect them for the first month or so when they have a high chance of picking something lethal up. Good luck and choose carefully or you will end up spending a lot of money, to buy a dog and then pay for vets bills, for a puppy that may die.

Thanks gotlost. :)

If I'm not mistaken he already contacted me, but I suspect that the one in CM doesn't have puppies at the moment. He doesn't breed that often.

I think the best bet is to contact a breeder in BKK. Although prices are often higher, in general, the dogs are of better stock and health-wise stronger.

Also be very careful for over-vaccination. The last two boxer pups I've had in boarding both developed severe side-effects.

The first one started of with being extremely finicky with her food at the age of about two months till the point she was skin and bones. Then she developed soft feces to watery diarrhea, followed by meningitis and then a skin rash, pulled through that, and a month or so later the demodectic mange started.

The second one also developed soft feces and then developed generalized demodectic mange at the age of about 3 - 3 1/2 month with a bad secondary bacterial infection. She was pretty much bold with sores all over her body.

Both dogs suffered enormously and so unnecessary, not to mention the sorrow and worries the owners went through.

Vets love to spritz these poor pups full. Multiple vaccines in one jab with two weeks apart. Research has shown that this increases the chances on side-effects a lot and advice against it.

Best is that when you buy a pup you take it home and wait at least a week, keeping it in the house and only in your garden while carefully watching it. Then you ask the vet to give it a 2-in-1 (parvo and distemper) killed-virus vaccination. If the pup has been given the first vaccine already which is usually a 4-in-1 vaccination, then it's better to wait a month with giving the second 2-in-1 jab.

Then with each time 4 weeks to a month in between each jab, give parvo and distemper. The first is a single vaccine (much safer) and the second a 3-in-1 (distemper, hepatitis and lepto). The immune system matures around the age of 6 months. To minimize the side-effects of Rabies it is better to give that jab after the pup has reached that age. Afraid your dog catches rabies? Don't! It's not an airborn virus, another dog needs to bite your pup first. So, prevent that another dog can bite your pup.

The rabies vaccine should also be made of killed virus. Modified live virus can give rabies (and parvo and distemper for that matter)!

Further, be aware that for at least two weeks a just vaccinated dog sheds the virus and is therefore a risk to other unvaccinated dogs.

Pups younger than 7 weeks should not be vaccinated at all, as the vaccine will interfere with the maternal immunity, doing more harm than good to the pup.

And pups and adult dogs that show any kind of disease or are under high stress due to change of environment should not be vaccinated. The guidelines that come with the vaccine clearly state that only HEALTHY animals can be vaccinated.