True Online

itsala

Finally got signed to the internet after weeks of fighting with 3bb and others.

Signed up with "True Online" 4mb on Sunday, was installed Monday, speed test confirms really is 4MB at 499 baht per month. been using for 12 hours, no glitches, no problems, Excellent service from the technicians, even have placed the cables where I asked and neatly too!!!

Highly recommend them.

I know of three True installations in Phuket.

4 Mbps delivers almost 4 Mbps download from San Francisco. B 499/month

10 Mbps delivers 8.1 to 8.2 Mbps download from San Francisco. B 1,100/month

My 10 Mbps delivers 8 Mbps download from San Francisco. B 1,100/month

These aren't occasional high points. They're consistent, day in and day out, round the clock. Watch the numbers that people in Phuket are posting at http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx/ . You'll see. You should also compare the speeds people are getting with True vs the speeds we're seeing with Fiber Optic.

I talk about Phuket Internet speeds frequently on Twitter - follow PhuketPC.

Some day True will be oversubscribed in Phuket. But it's going to take a while.

Hear lots of bad stories about True..

Live 50 km north west of BKK, I had the house build in a Village and moved in mid September 2004, Internet only option was True, over the years no problems and for the same price the speed keeps going up, went into True 'Bang Yai' yesterday to pay last months bill, they told me there is another 2 Mbps speed at no cost would I like.. Sure I sighed the paper, so now have 6 Mbps for 599 baht per month.

In 6 years the service has been 1st class, in this time have called out an engineer twice, both time fixed repaired at no cost + within an hour of calling. if at any time there is no internet connection most times there in a message on the helpline to say when the problem will be fixed..

So for me have nothing but praise for True Internet

I know of three True installations in Phuket.

4 Mbps delivers almost 4 Mbps download from San Francisco. B 499/month

10 Mbps delivers 8.1 to 8.2 Mbps download from San Francisco. B 1,100/month

My 10 Mbps delivers 8 Mbps download from San Francisco. B 1,100/month

These aren't occasional high points. They're consistent, day in and day out, round the clock. Watch the numbers that people in Phuket are posting at http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx/ . You'll see. You should also compare the speeds people are getting with True vs the speeds we're seeing with Fiber Optic.

Those are healthy numbers...

Woody, have you heard about the maxnet system which does not include a phone line and is purely data ?? Its still a 3BB I think, but dont know if it comes with a different name to the package ??

I know this system has been installed in an area I might move to and was looking to research it, but there seems to be no info on the 3bb site thats any different from 'regular' ADSL piggybacking on a normal phone line.

I haven't seen them in Rawai, but I would probably change to them if they were to come here. My CAT through KPP Cable is sometimes fine and other times slow. Plus a bit of an attitude. But at least it usually always works... Also no phone line, just TV and data.

Just as a folow up to my intial post I thought I would let you know that I have just recieved an unsollicited follow up visit from the installation engineer, to check all was well and that everything was running ok. he also gave me his personal cell number in case I have any problems in the future.

We ran a speed check, and still around the 4mb rate.

I asked him about coverage for the rest of the island. It seems that locations in Meaung, kathu and Viset, are well serviced (that is his area he wasnt so sure about other parts of Phuket.). he recomends that any one who wishes to know if they have coveage, visit a True Online shop and they will do an address search for you, if you are a distance away from the mains cable you pay 10baht per meter for the cable to run to your house.

Most impressed with follow up service.:D :D

Just as a folow up to my intial post I thought I would let you know that I have just recieved an unsollicited follow up visit from the installation engineer, to check all was well and that everything was running ok. he also gave me his personal cell number in case I have any problems in the future.

We ran a speed check, and still around the 4mb rate.

I asked him about coverage for the rest of the island. It seems that locations in Meaung, kathu and Viset, are well serviced (that is his area he wasnt so sure about other parts of Phuket.). he recomends that any one who wishes to know if they have coveage, visit a True Online shop and they will do an address search for you, if you are a distance away from the mains cable you pay 10baht per meter for the cable to run to your house.

Most impressed with follow up service.:D :D

Well I just called them and they say they have service in Phuket, but they couldn't seem to tell me if they have it where I live. They said I need to go to the Phuket office and sign up with a copy of my passport, rental agreement etc. I have their DSTV but I guess they couldn't look up that account and see if it is available here. That would be too hard for them, instead of me driving to Phuket. Oh well, maybe the next time I have to go there, like later this month for my 90 Immigration checkin, I'll go by and talk with them. So far I'm not too impressed. But I'm happy it worked out well for you! I may try calling the Phuket office and see what they say.

Well I just called them and they say they have service in Phuket, but they couldn't seem to tell me if they have it where I live. They said I need to go to the Phuket office and sign up with a copy of my passport, rental agreement etc. I have their DSTV but I guess they couldn't look up that account and see if it is available here. That would be too hard for them, instead of me driving to Phuket. Oh well, maybe the next time I have to go there, like later this month for my 90 Immigration checkin, I'll go by and talk with them. So far I'm not too impressed. But I'm happy it worked out well for you! I may try calling the Phuket office and see what they say.

I'm going there at 3,pm

PM your address and I'll check for you