Help And Information Please

makavelli

Hi everyone,

I am interested in teaching in Thailand but have no idea how to go about it. I am have been teaching PE for last 8 years at a successful school in the UK but think its time for a change. After visting Thailand numerous of times over the years I feel it would be a place I would like to move to.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Are you a qualified teacher in the UK? QTS etc?

If so then International Schools are what you should be looking for. I personally don't know of any 'Thai' schools that employ foreign PE teachers.

Hi,

Yes I am qualified teacher in the UK with QTS status. I have been teaching for 8 years at the same school

Are you a qualified teacher in the UK? QTS etc?

If so then International Schools are what you should be looking for. I personally don't know of any 'Thai' schools that employ foreign PE teachers.

Hi,

Yes I am qualified teacher in the UK with QTS status. I have been teaching for 8 years at the same school

You need to be looking at the real International Schools. Check out the TES website. Its kinda quiet at the moment but the hiring season will begin again around Jan-March.

If still based in the UK then look out for the international job fairs.

Don't bother with the 'Thai' schools.........you will make more than twice-three times as much with a Brit curriculum school. Along with free housing/housing allowances, free flights home etc.

Yes, if you're certified, you can try to find a job at an international school. Most (not all, but most) hiring is done through recruitment organizations/companies (CIS, ISS, Search, TIE, etc.). While hiring isn't usually done until January or after, you need to be getting started on the process NOW. You may have to attend a job fair, and those can fill up. I know there is at least one job fair held in London, but I don't know which organization hosts it. You have to apply to be an applicant (I know, I know), so you will need to start doing all the paperwork very soon.

Sometimes you may be able to apply directly to the school, but the higher-paying ones only hire through the recruitment process. The exception seems to be hard to fill positions, but I don't think PE is one of those.

The good news is that if you are looking for a job at a higher-paying international school, you are much better off applying from the UK than you would be if you moved to Thailand first! Many schools won't hire locally, and if they do, the salary & benefits package are severely reduced.

Good luck!