New Requirements For Health Certificates?

I changed employer so I'm right in the middle of the processing of work permit and visa. I did renew these many times in the past but there seem to be some new requirements, so I'd like to share my experience.

WP: as mentioned by some in TV it seems that doctors got the instruction of doing a blood test to check for syhilis. The doctor also told me it's ridiculous because they check for stage 3 of the disease which can be some with simple body exam but the mention of the blood test is required (according to him).

I did not manage to get a clear answer about this at labour.

Immigration: documents displayed at immigration say that among the documents I have to prepare a health certificate from a government hospital.

I took a picture of it and asked Thai colleagues to confirm and they agree it is now in the list.

I did not ask immigration about it. Anyone heard about that? I even don't remember if a health certificate was needed for the visa...

If it is confirmed, it's going to be another pain in the... as gvt hospitals are already overloaded and have better things to do than paperwork for foreigners.

You just take a copy of the health certificate for the labour office to immigration.

Are you on an extension of stay based on work? If so, your permission to stay ended when you quit your job.

That's what I planned to do, got a health certificate not long ago with the syphilis blood test from a private hospital (Sukhumviit Hospital). Labor accepted it but the documents displayed at immigration seem to mean it actually has to come from a government hospital.

As you guessed, my permission to stay ended the day I finished my previous job, which I duly reported at immigration then labor and immediately applied for the new WP linked to the new job.

Immigration gave me 7 extra days which end exactly the day I was told to collect the new WP. I will go then immediately to immigration with this new WP and get the visa extension... but that's why I want to be sure that I won't have problem with immigration next time I go there, as it will be the last day of my permission to stay.

FYI:

I went to Immigration today.

The Officer looked at the documents and said some were missing while other were unnecessary.

We told her we followed the list displayed just in front of her desk.

She got up, had a look at the list on display then disappeared. A few minutes later, another officer arrived with papers and scotch tape and replaced the list with a new one.

She apologized for the misshap but told us she really needs us to submit all the documents that are required according to her list.

It took us a bit of a hassle around BKK but we made it back around 2pm.

In the end, no medical certificate from government hospital is needed. Seems that the list was some kind of draft never used and actually posted here by mistake.

• 1 month later...

FYI:

The Officer looked at the documents and said some were missing while other were unnecessary.

She got up, had a look at the list on display then disappeared. A few minutes later, another officer arrived with papers and scotch tape and replaced the list with a new one.

She apologized for the misshap but told us she really needs us to submit all the documents that are required according to her list.

In the end, no medical certificate from government hospital is needed. Seems that the list was some kind of draft never used and actually posted here by mistake.

So, I assume that any medical certificate is okay, correct?

B)

• 2 weeks later...

FYI:

So, I assume that any medical certificate is okay, correct?

B)

Last week, I went to renew my work permit and submitted a fresh health check completed by Mayo Hospital (private) in Bangkok. The check included weight, height, blood pressure, blood test for syhilis, physical check of upper and lower body by a doctor along with some questions about stress, diseases and abuses. All for Baht 300 and 1 hour waiting.

They had a form for the work permit health check and were aware of the new blood test requirement. I suggest it for all that need a check and live in the area of Mayo Hospital, Bangkhen on Phahonyothin Road.

B)