Bangkok Air,,Great Service For A Great Price!

Yes, yes yes, this will ruffle feathers,,but read on,,this is how it works for me..

Ok, so i am unlucky enough to have a medical condition which requires a BI-Monthly ( thats every 2 months for those that thinks it is something sexual) trip to the Metropolis.

Now yes i have done Surat/Air Asia which i like , only coz i like boat trips,,oh but the time !!!!!

So i duly go to BKK ticket office 3 days before i need,,resident card in sweaty mitt, granted not worth much,but,,, and in a lovely a/c office book an return going and coming back on the same day,in minutes,,,as BKK air can do this with there very regular departure times, rather than working out ferry times against flight times both ways, include variables,,oh oh oh toooo much !!!!

So the big day arrives i wake at a leisurely time of 0845, mmm i think shall i have a coffee??? no need this will be provided for me , mmmmm shall i have some toast???? no need pastries will be provided for me,,,so why am i buggering about, lets get there and eat and drink all i can,,,so a wonderful 15 min bike ride later i seemed to have missed check in, it went so quick and smooth, none of those irritating queus at ferry terminals, and before i know it i am enjoying my 1st coffee, plate of danishes and more importantly my first smoke in what has to be said is the best airport smoking room in the world, tell me i am wrong !!!!! Oh still have 15 mins to boarding so more danishes, sneak one in the bag for later,,,and a very refreshing cup of lemonade, and one last cancer stick!!!

Now for those of you who complain that they load up those great open sided trollys until they are all full,,giving you the opportunity to wonder at how lucky we are to leave from such a stunningly beautiful airport,,just bloody wait and be the last on !!!!! A 1 minute drive sees us safely alighting one of BKK air new Airbuses which significantly cut the lying time, although i did have a soft spot for there AT's, Now i do agree that the in flight food has somewhat decreased from past years, but tasty never the less, but i find if i ask NICELY, they always have a spare for later along with the danish i squirriled away earlier,,,,,,,,, and CAZAM !!!! less than an hour and 45mins since i opened my sleeping beauty eyes i am being whisked by metered taxi to BKK central, with a take away lunch.

Dirty deed done in BKK,,1330hrs, return booked for 1630,,bugger and i have a business that usually opens at 1600,,,what to do???? i know i will see if BKK air can put me on an earlier flight,,,so Matered Taxi Airport please and don't spare the back roads!!!!

Yes sir would youl like to fly on the 1530, yes please i say like billy bunter receiving more butties,,,which i will in a few mins. So ensconced in BKKairs' private departure lounge i am again scoffing egg sarnies and danishes, swilling coffee like a champagne Charlie!!

Before i know it i am whitnesing the tourists first glimpses of this beautiful island, sitting in a little train marveling at how pretty the airport is, and i open my business only 45 minutes later than usual.

So i say thank you not only for the music and the world we live in,,but to BKK air for such a great service oh and the extra coissant i asked nicely for which i will have for my dinner.

So for me the few extra '000 is well worth it, and i milk it baby !!

This person is very miss guided. Yes you do get good service from Bangkok Airways and Samui is a lovely airport. No one can argue with that. BUT. A great price! I think not. If you work out the cost in Baht, Cents, Pence or whatever per mile flown you will find that for an economy fare that Bangkok Airways is one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, airlines in the World. Go firgure. You cant argue with the maths. And I'm speaking from a lifetime of working in the aviation industry.

Captain windy, i do totally agree,,,however i did say how it works or me,,,,there is no other way to do BKK return one day,,,so if i did air asia,,,air asia maybe 3000, ferry return, 1,000, gasoline 500,,, hotel 2-3000thb,,,dinner and drinks 1,000,,plus loss of business 10,000 on a good night,,,get my point????

This person is very miss guided. Yes you do get good service from Bangkok Airways and Samui is a lovely airport. No one can argue with that. BUT. A great price! I think not. If you work out the cost in Baht, Cents, Pence or whatever per mile flown you will find that for an economy fare that Bangkok Airways is one of the most expensive, if not the most expensive, airlines in the World. Go firgure. You cant argue with the maths. And I'm speaking from a lifetime of working in the aviation industry.

Well, Captain Windsock you are most definitely wrong.

How do you feel that your lifetime experience in the "Aviation Industry" adds anything to the Maths? I can argue them if I so wish. You probably don't mean it, but it comes across as a little patronising.

Try a comparison (not cherry picking) with a few European sectors. You will be unpleasantly surprised.

AND If we are entering into a pi..ing contest I, and a few more posters here are well qualified in Aviation matters to argue an alternative point of view. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you feel that your lifetime experience in the "Aviation Industry" adds anything to the Maths? I can argue them if I so wish. You probably don't mean it, but it comes across as a little patronising.

Try a comparison (not cherry picking) with a few European sectors. You will be unpleasantly surprised.

AND If we are entering into a pi..ing contest I, and a few more posters here are well qualified in Aviation matters to argue an alternative point of view. :lol: :lol: :lol:

UK sectors to try out? hmmmm....

OK London to Jersey and my current favourite Aberdeen to Shetland.

Expensive airline? look no further!

http://easternairways.com/

Edited by smokie36

And I'm speaking from a lifetime of working in the aviation industry

Must be a short lifetime, unless Im mistaken as up until 10-12 years ago there were no proper budget airlines. Its the budget airlines in last decade that have pioneered affordable flying, set new price expectation and made the traditional airlines compete hard. Now when you look at BKK Air you compare the price against EasyJet and AirAsia for example.

Playing devil adovcate above, but I agree BKK Air is annoyingly expensive when you get 4800 oneway or something like that. Although I did arrive at BKK an hour early yesterday, went to the desk ask to change to early flight - 20 seconds later some print off, walked over to stanby checked in - again no queue, 30kg luggage for joining bonus scheme (free), 5 minutes later into the lounge free wifi, charged laptop and had a few coffees, back in samui an hour later. Its is a good airline but you do pay for it (more than you should). I had enough points for a free flight yesterday otherwise I may have been tempted to do the Nokair route (although this was close to 3k - all the promo 1k fares gone it seems forever - the small saving insigifnicant compared to wasted day)

Edited by mattcodes

:) That's what I call a robust response gator, he deserved it. For my part, I have nothing but praise for their service. Not long ago I was in ICU here and had to get to BKK quick. A vacancy was immediately found for me and at the airport was wheeled straight to the plane and given an Executive Class seat. As usual the hosties were great and once in BKK no red tape, straight to a waiting ambulance and on my way. From hospital to hospital took just 90 minutes !

Imagine expiring on a Racha Ferry ?

Edited by crusty

The last short FlyBe flight I took from Brussels to Southampton was £85 per person, roughly about the same as the BA rates for a single trip (if you book in advance). Of the two, BA is by far the more pleasant experience.

My last BA flight was two days ago; I arrived at Samui airport without a ticket at 12h30 and was offered a flight to BKK at 16h30 economy (4,785) or 13h45 Business (an extra 1,000 baht) which were both Airbus flights as I had specified (I don't mind the prop planes but my hand luggage is too big for their smaller overhead lockers).

I have to say that the end-to-end experience in Business Class was absolutely superb.

Needless to say, I also pile it on with the free food and drink (not quite 27 curry slices, but certainly took on enough food to get me through the day!).

You get what you pay for in life, and while BA are a little on the expensive side, I believe they still represent acceptable value for money, and they are still my route of choice for trips between BKK and Samui.

If I was more price conscious I would look at Air Asia to Surat and then bus/boat to Samui (I have done this before and it worked out half price but allow most of the day for the journey), and cheaper still would be the Lomprayah VIP Bus and Cat route via Chumphon, if time is not a factor in your decision.

UK sectors to try out? hmmmm....

OK London to Jersey and my current favourite Aberdeen to Shetland.

Expensive airline? look no further!

http://easternairways.com/

I see no one bothered to reply to my earlier post. Well let me say its no accident I picked island routes which are also largely at the mercy of airlines in the UK.....and guess what? Yep prices are higher....surprise!

This thread is a load of cobblers. ;):D

No doubt for someone who last left Samui when he heard of the fall of Singapore. ;)

Incorrect actually. I had the pleasure of having to pay 4300 on way to Pattaya in April. Crap value for money. The food was <deleted> aswell.

Load of cobblers.

Incorrect actually. I had the pleasure of having to pay 4300 on way to Pattaya in April. Crap value for money. The food was <deleted> aswell.

Load of cobblers.

:o Really? Well it can't be the air fares keeping people off Samui then.....I guess we need more sleaze do we? :rolleyes:

[

27 chicken curry rolls is my record. Anyone beat this? :D

:wai:

Food poisoning I got from them, then all the way on the international flight., sick as a dog. Never touch them again.

I'll probably fly Bangkok Airways (officially PG not BA) if I go back to Samui. Surface from Surat wastes half a day. I know it's not the cheapest option, but that doesn't mean it's not a good price. Especially if you book early.

[

27 chicken curry rolls is my record. Anyone beat this? :D

:wai:

Food poisoning I got from them, then all the way on the international flight., sick as a dog. Never touch them again.

English stomachs are not as refined as an Aussies. (They tend to be able to also eat Haggis and black pudding) no accounting for taste hey. :)

Just remember you don't become rich by spending all your money , I am sick of hearing friends ect say they won't come samui becuase of the price of the flight , cost of taxis , beer , hotel rip offs , no real entertainment , beach hawkers ect ect . Samui is such a small island and should be easily sorted ! Well you would think .. If the island had some serious over haul , the place could be 3 times more busier and actually benefit the people who try to rip everyone off ... Phuket are already publicly promoting they are cracking down on this , can samui follow but do better ?

• Like 1

Just remember you don't become rich by spending all your money , I am sick of hearing friends ect say they won't come samui becuase of the price of the flight , cost of taxis , beer , hotel rip offs , no real entertainment , beach hawkers ect ect . Samui is such a small island and should be easily sorted ! Well you would think .. If the island had some serious over haul , the place could be 3 times more busier and actually benefit the people who try to rip everyone off ... Phuket are already publicly promoting they are cracking down on this , can samui follow but do better ?

i have seen the beer and room rates reduced considerably but flights and taxies are still a huge problem

i have seen the beer and room rates reduced considerably but flights and taxies are still a huge problem

I'm trying to think when I couldn't get a beachside room with all amenities on Samui for 1200 Baht....and beer for 60 Baht in a bar.....so what you are saying is nothing has changed?