Copy Ignition Key For Cbr600Rr

monkeyofdoom

The only ones who could do that are Honda themselves. You will have to go to a Honda motorcycle dealer, and they will have to call up Honda. Do not lose the key or else you will be in some trouble trying to get the bike started.

Thanks for the advice, I may well end up doing that. However, Nut at Piston Shop says he previously used a guy down in Bangkok to make a copy, but now he doesn't know how to contact him. So perhaps it is possible after all. I wonder how long it would take to get Honda to do it. I assume they can't do it here, as they don't have a factory or big bike dealership, right...?

The only ones who could do that are Honda themselves. You will have to go to a Honda motorcycle dealer, and they will have to call up Honda. Do not lose the key or else you will be in some trouble trying to get the bike started.

Thanks for the advice, I may well end up doing that. However, Nut at Piston Shop says he previously used a guy down in Bangkok to make a copy, but now he doesn't know how to contact him. So perhaps it is possible after all. I wonder how long it would take to get Honda to do it. I assume they can't do it here, as they don't have a factory or big bike dealership, right...?

If I was you, I would contact Redbaron in Bangkok – the keys are not cheap cannot remember if it was 2,000 or 3,000 anyway give Rebaron a call and you know the price exactly.

If I was you, I would contact Redbaron in Bangkok – the keys are not cheap cannot remember if it was 2,000 or 3,000 anyway give Rebaron a call and you know the price exactly.

Great idea. I'll do that now and post back what happens. Thanks!

Great idea. I'll do that now and post back what happens. Thanks!

you can copy this key yourself using a simple proceedure on your bike, I only know how to do this on my own bike (blackbird) but I assume it is similar, you need to join one of the cbr bike forums and ask for specific instructions for your bike

you can copy this key yourself using a simple proceedure on your bike, I only know how to do this on my own bike (blackbird) but I assume it is similar, you need to join one of the cbr bike forums and ask for specific instructions for your bike

Is it cheaper then what I suggested, where do the Honda HISS keys with come from??? Do you have a cheaper source for blank keys?

Is it cheaper then what I suggested, where do the Honda HISS keys with come from??? Do you have a cheaper source for blank keys?

I tried getting a key from Honda dealer here in Thailand they just stared at me.........never seen one before.

I ordered my key from here http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk they will deliver to Thailand about £25 for the blank uncut key

I'd love to know what rebarron charge for the same, blank unprogrammed uncut, if you find out let me know

If you need anything else give me a shout

Edited by smedly

I tried getting a key from Honda dealer here in Thailand they just stared at me.........never seen one before.

I ordered my key from here http://www.davidsilverspares.co.uk they will deliver to Thailand about £25 for the blank uncut key

I'd love to know what rebarron charge for the same, blank unprogrammed uncut, if you find out let me know

If you need anything else give me a shout

Looks good, but how did you program the blank?

The first thing you need to add a blank key to your HISS enabled ECU is a special tool from Honda. Lucky that this special Honda tool is not that difficult to make yourself (okay it will be a bit less fancy, but its also a lot cheaper)

You can find the instructions on how to make the Honda HISS programming tool here

If you not to technical or don't like to connect self-made electronics to your bike you can also order the original Honda HISS tool and the part number is 07XMZ-MBW0101 (comes with more control and indication LED's)

Edited by Richard-BKK

Red Baron told me that they only service members, and since I did not buy a bike from them, the membership is 10000 to sign up and 1000 yearly. So I guess I'm not doing that.

I still need to find someone who can copy the key... Any other ideas?

The first thing you need to add a blank key to your HISS enabled ECU is a special tool from Honda. Lucky that this special Honda tool is not that difficult to make yourself (okay it will be a bit less fancy, but its also a lot cheaper)

You can find the instructions on how to make the Honda HISS programming tool here

If you not to technical or don't like to connect self-made electronics to your bike you can also order the original Honda HISS tool and the part number is 07XMZ-MBW0101 (comes with more control and indication LED's)

What are the second and third things? :ph34r: