Wife Of 6 Weeks Wants Divorce

Colabamumbai

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56k in back mortgage payment? Can you expand?

The bank was going to take her house she was 10 months behind in mortgage payments and owes about 400,000 bhat. The government bank paid for the house and she makes monthly mortgage payments, They wanted the 56,000 to cover the missed payments.

So why did you have to pay it?

If you've only known her 6 months plus the 6 weeks you've been married then she took out that mortgage before she met you.

Why is it suddenly your responsibility to pay?

In Thailand, US, or Europe I would never marry anyone I only knew for 6 months unless it was Jessica Alba but thats not happening.

Jessica's not all that btw.

And I suppose you would kick her out of bed for eating crackers?  :)

• Like 1

How, exactly, did you get from "she's pawned our wedding ring, I don't think I can trust her, I paid her mortgage payments" (which, by the way, you said were $56,000 not THB56,000!) to "her ex-husband has kicked me out and she wants money from me"? All in the space of a couple of weeks.

It's called the accelerated learning course at WBU*

Be gentle with the OP. Just because it could never happen to you doesn't mean you are justified in ridiculing people who are seeking advice and have been mostly open and frank about their situation.

* Water Buffalo University (google it)

I'm not saying it could never happen to me, and I was very gentle with the OP (and, I hope, helpful) in his thread about pawning the wedding ring.http://www.thaivisa....ng/page__st__25 Maybe my post in this thread came across a little 'short' but it wasn't intended that way. Certainly didn't intend to ridicule him.

Edited by bifftastic

The bank was going to take her house she was 10 months behind in mortgage payments and owes about 400,000 bhat. The government bank paid for the house and she makes monthly mortgage payments, They wanted the 56,000 to cover the missed payments.

So why did you have to pay it?

If you've only known her 6 months plus the 6 weeks you've been married then she took out that mortgage before she met you.

Why is it suddenly your responsibility to pay?

Clearly he is crazy too much - marrying a hooker and paying of her mortgage arrears - too funny. Which bar did she work in before?

LOL

move and change your phone number,end of story

And get the lawyer to hit her with a lawsuit for something - emotional stress.

That's what I'd do.

Do as the Thais.

Certainly don't give in to anything.

Edit:

Get the lawyer to form some sort of claim for the mortgaged property, as you paid a certain % of it. Get the lawyer to put that the house must be sold and the % paid back.

Hit her up with all sorts of stupid legal stuff, even though nothing will come of it, it's a clear signal that you aren't giving in to anything.

The Thai way.

Edited by thomo

Who gave you the above information? If it's her she's playing you and moving in for the kill; pawned wedding band, mortgage payments, what's next?; it's like gambling or investing; if your losses get too high write off the losses and move on. The only attachment you have to her is romantic but it's not mutual, sad but alas.

Edited by orchis

She's threatening to go to your embassy?

Explain to her that embassies are foreign ground, a part of the foreign country, and anyone committing a crime, eg. extortion, in that foreign country can be arrested right there for it.

Interesting scenario - she's facing extradition to your country for charges of extortion committed in your country, i.e. your embassy.

Might at least give her pause about "threats" to go to your embassy, which wouldn't care anyway. Offer to send her there in a taxi!

Have lawyer now I am beginning to think that this was a set up to do just what she is trying to do. I new her 6 months she rushed the marriage.I wanted to wait a year. Maybe this is not the first time she has done this. I do not reply to her threats but do keep all the email messages for my lawyer for possible future actions. She is so stupid she takes ex husband to a friend of mines hotel to apply for work. I told her 2 weeks ago I had a n investigator take photos, Unfortunately in Thailand you need to catch your spouse in sexual relations to get a quick divorce. Not just with her ex husband. I am wondering if they are part of a gang and he gives the orders. I have copies of his ID card as well as copies of everything of hers. I did return her passport and house keys as the lawyer suggested.I did pay her bank 56,000 bhat in back mortgage payments.

She rushed the marriage? Don't you have a say ?

She is so stupid? That's funny.

The lawyer told you to pay her 56,000 baht so you did. Who's lawyer is he?

Keep 'em coming.

Edited by tabs053
  • Like 1

What would the nature of her possible complaints (to your embassy) about you be?

What is your investigator taking pictures of to use against her?

If it's her house is she asking you to leave rather than throwing you out?

The (ex) husband and she are still together, maybe she is his common law wife, maybe they are married. In the last case you might have something against her. Otherwise what are you legally going to get her for? A quick divorce. Which she also wants. Then you two agree. Finally.

This follows on from the thread you started about her pawning the wedding ring, where you said you were thinking of divorcing her! Now she's chucked you out, why?

If she wants money to sign the papers, just tell her you haven't got it and don't bother signing them. Let her go to the embassy, what will they do? Nothing, it's none of their business. Unless you've done something you don't want her to tell them about?

How, exactly, did you get from "she's pawned our wedding ring, I don't think I can trust her, I paid her mortgage payments" (which, by the way, you said were $56,000 not THB56,000!) to "her ex-husband has kicked me out and she wants money from me"? All in the space of a couple of weeks.

I wondered about the same thing. The OP started a long rant in the ladies forum (2010-08-11) about the wife pawning the wedding rings. There were many positive and informative replies. Did the OP follow up on any one of the good suggestions? How much more advice can anyone give when none of us know all the fact?. All we can do on an open forum is make assumptions. I don't like calling anyone stupid, but this is starting to sound like the Jerry Springer show where everyone wants to air their dirty laundry.

From the information that has been supplied here the woman doesn't have a legal leg to demand anything. I'm not sure how long thaivisa has been running, but it's certainly been long enough for foreign men to have learned something by now. There have been similar stories repeated almost weekly.

Cut and paste the following scenerio and post it on thaivisa every few weeks.

Foreign man who never had ANY success with women in whatever country he came from visits Thailand for the first time.

A short time later the dumb farang meets lovely Thai lady half his age and falls in lust... which he mistakes for love.

Dumb farang buys pretty Thai lady gold and jewelry, and possibly a motor bike or car.

After only a few weeks the dumb farang asks pretty Thai lady to get married without ever checking where she comes from, or what what she does for a living.

Smart Thai lady asks dumb farang to buy her a home in village where her parents live.

Dumb farang buys pretty Thai lady a home, but has to sign everything over to her because foreigners can not own property.

After a few months the pretty Thai lady gets bored with her new "saviour" and tells him to leave.

Dumb farang comes crying to Thaivisa to tell everyone how poorly he was treated.

Move to an unknown address and change your mobile phone number. Take all your correspondence, personal stuff, computers etc with you.

Only communicate via your Lawyer.

Don't visit your favourite Bars or such places until the situation has settled down.

Best of luck.

I guess you never followed my advise on your thread pawned wedding ring'.

If your visa is tied to the marriage and you are not ready to change it yet, just tell her to take a hike till you are ready. If she insists, tell her you are suing her to court, lowlifes hate court appearances, and dont tell her what you will be suing her for.

She might have found out that she cant bleed you like she hoped, and is beating a hasty retreat.

I would say good for you it only took six weeks, and you might as well put the story on another site with her real name, where it could be easily googled, Or have your lawyer charge her with abuse of the Thai marriage proceedure for monetary gains.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Before you can make sound decisions you need to get her out of your system (you are still in lust). No matter how hard it is to face it is over and she was not the sweet girl you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. Don't worry you are not the first this has happened to and won't be the last. Go out and have a few short and long times for the next week or two and trust me the feelings will pass. You will then be able to think more clearly. I am sure you are also angry...get over his too. Don't let this bit.h get the best of you.

If you are at fault here and made the problems, learn from your mistakes and move on to your next adventure ...good luck ...chill out !!!

Then let the bank take the house.

You obviously dont live there, right?

1) Could you post a picture of her?

2) Where did you meet her?

3) They have no legal leg to stand on to demand that you pay for her to sign. If I was you I would much better spend the same amount of money on investigators to catch them. I would rather spend 100k to keep them from getting 100k.

I made this post only to share with others. I am aware of annulments, divorce in Thailand etc. I do study Thai law on the internet and at the same time have a lawyer. Yes I have done all the things that posters have suggested. I know that not all Thai women are like this. I do not have any bars clubs that I frequent. I have been offered a job managing a business in the same city, with work permit in the process. I have moved on emotionally and otherwise. She does not have internet access, right now she does not have a pot to piss in. She has been told to call my lawyer if she has a problem and not to contact me. I save all threatening messages for possible annulment or divorce, but I don't really give a s--- about her and her threats. Thanks for the positive advice, and no thanks to the other. The message is: learn from my mistakes. I am positive. Her hydro/lights/power whatever you want to call it will be cut in a few days, as I took the last bill with me and she has no clue to the amount owed. I had all her our documents locked in a suitcase and have photocopies of everything, but returned originals including passport, tambien baan etc.as the lawyer suggested. All mailed from the lawyers office with courrier receipts as to who signed for them and when they were signed for. I may have been stupid once but it won't happen again.

1) Could you post a picture of her?

2) Where did you meet her?

3) They have no legal leg to stand on to demand that you pay for her to sign. If I was you I would much better spend the same amount of money on investigators to catch them. I would rather spend 100k to keep them from getting 100k.

Met her thru a friend of hers who I now realizes cons men. Teach me how to post the photos of her and I will just to save someone else from having the same problem with the same woman.

Edited by sbk
personal details removed

The message is: learn from my mistakes. I am positive.

Glad to hear it, you're through the worst part now and it won't be too long before you can put it all behind you. Anyone can make a mistake in trusting someone, men and women, the world over.

Glad to hear it, you're through the worst part now and it won't be too long before you can put it all behind you. Anyone can make a mistake in trusting someone, men and women, the world over.

Yes, in our home-countries this is a typical, everyday occurrence.

Which is why people at home would be shocked at what has happened, whilst people here are blase.....

Have lawyer now I am beginning to think that this was a set up to do just what she is trying to do. I new her 6 months she rushed the marriage.I wanted to wait a year. Maybe this is not the first time she has done this. I do not reply to her threats but do keep all the email messages for my lawyer for possible future actions. She is so stupid she takes ex husband to a friend of mines hotel to apply for work. I told her 2 weeks ago I had a n investigator take photos, Unfortunately in Thailand you need to catch your spouse in sexual relations to get a quick divorce. Not just with her ex husband. I am wondering if they are part of a gang and he gives the orders. I have copies of his ID card as well as copies of everything of hers. I did return her passport and house keys as the lawyer suggested.I did pay her bank 56,000 bhat in back mortgage payments.

She rushed the marriage? Don't you have a say ?

She is so stupid? That's funny.

The lawyer told you to pay her 56,000 baht so you did. Who's lawyer is he?

Keep 'em coming.

Where did you learn to read?? No lawyer ever told me to pay her money.

Which is why people at home would be shocked at what has happened, whilst people here are blase.....

Thanks for you positive reply. She is the real loser here.

Thanks for your positive reply.