Thai Yellow Shirt Sondhi Limthongkul Convicted Of Slandering Thaksin

webfact

I want to take Thaksin and Sondhi, put them in a rocket, and blast them into outer space. Those two bozos deserve each other.

I'd like to see the rocket explode on its way out :lol:

I prefer a public execution by engorgement.

Make them BOTH eat each others words,

till they choke on them.

Edited by animatic

I want to take Thaksin and Sondhi, put them in a rocket, and blast them into outer space. Those two bozos deserve each other.

till they choke on them.

Did you have something disagreeable for dinner ??

Tummy ache ?

wow a 20,000 baht fine, that will have quite an impact on his finances. Or maybe some of yellow shirts on this forum will cover it for him.

I vote for a large trebuchet instead of a rocket, and the two should be tied face to face.

A popular game in Thailand is called Takraw. In prisons they used to have a man-sized version which was used for torturing prisoners. The man was placed inside this ball. If you look closely then you will see that there are many sharp nails. This ball was then kicked around the prison yard by an elephant! Very painful and bloody.

http://www.thaipriso...id=76&Itemid=88

pm_01.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sondhi_Limthongkul#Allegations_against_the_Sarasin_family

The Phra Phrom Erawan Shrine incident

In the early hours of 21 March 2006, 27-year old Thanakorn Pakdeepol entered the popular Phra Phrom Erawan Shrine in central Bangkok and attacked the figure of Brahma with a hammer. After destroying the statue, he was himself attacked and beaten to death by several people who witnesses it. Thanakorn had a history of mental illness and depression.On his talk show the following day, Sondhi claimed that Thaksin Shinawatra masterminded the destruction in order to replace the image of Brahma with a "dark force" aligned to Thaksin. Sondhi claimed that Thaksin had hired Thanakorn through Khmer (Cambodian) black-magic shamans.The vandal's father, Sayant Pakdeepol, denied the accusation and called Sondhi "the biggest liar I have ever seen". Thaksin called Sondhi's accusations "insane".

On 17 November 2005, the Civil Court issued a gag order on Sondhi to prevent him from making further "royal powers" allegations . This immediately prompted Sondhi to attack Thaksin and accuse him of restricting press freedom.Sondhi was investigated on two counts of lese-majesty against King Bhumibol Adulyadej. Counter-charges of lese-majesty were filed against Prime Minister Thaksin. On 18 November, Supreme Commander General Ruengroj Mahasaranond harshly warned Sondhi against using the King as a political tool. “Our patience is reaching the breaking point. We may take action if Sondhi does not cease his criticism by citing the monarchy”
a sermon by Luang Ta Maha Bua, a popular but outspoken Buddhist monk [6][7]. The sermon was seen by many as extremely critical of Thaksin, especially as it came from a monk. Especially controversial were the following passages:"They complained to me about PM Thaksin and Mr. Visanu and two other people that I don’t remember. This is the big ogre (Thai: ตัวยักษ์ใหญ่), big power. Atrocious power will swallow our country, bite the liver and lungs and aim for the presidency....He will put a torch to the country. He will never listen....This savagery and atrocity appear in every aspect of him.... All he has are things to be used for burning."

"He is clearly aiming for the presidency now. The monarch trampled, the religion trampled, the country trampled, by this savage and atrocious power in a few people in the government circle. That is the circle of ogres, of ghosts, of trolls, of demons (Thai: ยักษ์วงผีวงเปรตวงมาร), all in there....So even Devadatta [an enemy of the Buddha] saw the harm he caused, and he was rewarded for his good deed. He would attain Buddhahood (Thai: พระปัจเจกพุทธเจ้า). For those who have made mistakes, if we see the harm we cause, we can still get by. But what is it with Thailand? What kind of governance?"

"They even dare to accuse Luangta Maha Bua of playing politics. Politics, dog shit (Thai: การบ้านการเมืองขี้หมาอะไร). There’s only shit all over the country. I brought the Buddha’s dharma to cleanse in order for them to repent and recognize good and evil. Because they’re the government. The world flatters them as smart people, but don’t be smart down in the toilet (Thai: แต่อย่าฉลาดลงส้วมลงถาน). Don’t be smart about putting a torch to the head of everyone in the country, from Nation, Religion, and Monarchy on down. These people will get burned unless they recognize the truth. I’m saddened by all this. How does this come about?"

Pease let's throw them in a container near Satthahip.....:jap:

till they choke on them.

Did you have something disagreeable for dinner ??

Tummy ache ?

I never said your father is a Pizza cook.

OIT. Only here in Thailand can a fugitive from justice sue for justice.

With my apologies, may I take the liberty to try and rephrase your statement?

"Only here in Thailand can a convicted criminal, on the run from a justice system he claims does not work and is unjust, sue a man for justice"

Only here in Thailand is Somtahm Lao cheaper than in European countries. Can't you smell that smell? The smell is around you.....

This Sondi trial, on November first, will prove if there is a double standard in the Thai courts. Sondi commited the same unlawful speech as 'da Torpedo' and, depending on how many times each offended, should receive a comensurate sentence.

What is it so hard about NOT offending the Royal Institution especially when there is so much to respect.

These criminal trials drag on forever and only surface briefly from time to time. I sure would like to see a timeline on all the current political and politician's court cases and current status. What about the fire boats or lamyai, or luggage scanners, etc. ?

This Sondi trial, on November first, will prove if there is a double standard in the Thai courts. Sondi commited the same unlawful speech as 'da Torpedo' and, depending on how many times each offended, should receive a comensurate sentence.

It'll be interesting to see if there is any differentiation, in terms of culpability, made between what someone says and the media reporting what that original someone said.

If there is none made, then reporting on any aspect of the situation will be in jeopardy.

What's interesting in the case of this thread's OP is that the original someone was not charged, but the reporting of it led to charges. Somewhat of a double standard in its own right.

These criminal trials drag on forever and only surface briefly from time to time. I sure would like to see a timeline on all the current political and politician's court cases and current status. What about the fire boats or lamyai, or luggage scanners, etc. ?

On that I agree, but I also realize that occurs not only in Thailand, but in many other places as well, eg. how long did the Enron case take from start to finish?

"a six-month jail sentence suspended for two years" = walk free.

Walk and talk free.....B)

The 'suspended' part indicates a second offense would mean the execution of the suspended sentence, i.e. go to jail for two years. So where the 'walk free' might be true, the 'talk free' is not.

"a six-month jail sentence suspended for two years" = walk free.

The 'suspended' part indicates a second offense would mean the execution of the suspended sentence, i.e. go to jail for two years. So where the 'walk free' might be true, the 'talk free' is not.

if 'not' why he is saying Thaksin is going to kill Newin?

are you sure Thai law works like so?

http://www.thaivisa....-assassination/

The PAD leader, 'Sondhi', warned that de facto Bhum Jai Thai head Newin Chidchob may be targeted for assassination due to his offenses against fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

<<< not the sign of man who is going to keep mealy mouth shut, chantorn and sirchai descriptions is perferct correct

Edit; noticed it's interesting to have the 3 main rulers of Thailand in the same sentence. Sondhi, Thaksin and Newin run Thailand, all others are bit players.

Edited by yellow1red1

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/395285-bhum-jai-thai-boss-newin-chidchob-warned-of-assassination/

The PAD leader, 'Sondhi', warned that de facto Bhum Jai Thai head Newin Chidchob may be targeted for assassination due to his offenses against fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

<<< not the sign of man who is going to keep mealy mouth shut, chantorn and sirchai descriptions is perferct correct

I do not see this as slander, only speculation. It depends on how it was phrased in Thai. In English 'may be targeted due to his offenses against' would not be seen as slander. In other words since I'm not a lawyer: Who knows. K. Thaksin may want to get him to court again having won once. He may even regain his believe in the Thai judicial system ;)

http://www.thaivisa....-assassination/

I do not see this as slander, only speculation. It depends on how it was phrased in Thai. In English 'may be targeted due to his offenses against' would not be seen as slander. In other words since I'm not a lawyer: Who knows. K. Thaksin may want to get him to court again having won once. He may even regain his believe in the Thai judicial system ;)

Come on, if yer not Thai, you can admit you're wrong. You are talking Western judicial methinks and to come out of slander conviction the next day and link your 'victim' to a conspiracy of assasination would have you back in jail. its not 'speculation' he's talking about a 'conspiracy' to OFF Newin, backed by Thaksin, he just got out of court, guilty, and is WALKING and TALKING

did the judge or you think this was his first time around the block. he has been up on slander times before, also charged with lese majeste, also severely warned by the Institution to stop using the King for his own politics or "they might take action" also, it is alleged he was involved with the terrorist take over of airports and Government House, < short list

the man is a meglomaniac as Thaksin is. Sondhi put Thaksin in power BTW

The other Posters who said Sondhi and Thaksin should be rocketed out made smart opinions IMHO

Come on, if yer not Thai, you can admit you're wrong. You are talking Western judicial methinks and to come out of slander conviction the next day and link your 'victim' to a conspiracy of assasination would have you back in jail. its not 'speculation' he's talking about a 'conspiracy' to OFF Newin, backed by Thaksin, he just got out of court, guilty, and is WALKING and TALKING

did the judge or you think this was his first time around the block. he has been up on slander times before, also charged with lese majeste, also severely warned by the Institution to stop using the King for his own politics or "they might take action" also, it is alleged he was involved with the terrorist take over of airports and Government House, < short list

The other Posters who said Sondhi and Thaksin should be rocketed out made smart opinions IMHO

May I point out that

means some may target K. Newin for offenses against K. Thaksin. Maybe K. Newin should sue K. sondhi for suggesting offenses ?

Note if I don't know I may say 'who knows'. If I'm wrong I will say so, no problem. This may surprise, but I may make mistakes, I'm human after all ;)

Well I guess this means the Thai judicial system works. The 'lese majeste' laws seem to be a bit harsh though. Those in Europe have seen moderation over the years.

Sincerely, I don't think so.

It is a Thai-style show.

Just like when the Democratic Party was said to be disbanded.

At the end , nothing happened.

DP has been giving away 700 THB to mobs who have beaten taxi drivers and set cars and motocicles on fire and took an international airport for days.

They have committed much serious offenses than former democratically elected PM Samak who went to cook in a TV show and was removed from office for that.

Thai judiciary system is totally manipulated, there is no independence at all.

Sometimes the elite wants to show it is independent, with surprising rules which look impartial and democratic, but i am sure it is just a show.

It would appear that Thaksin's tactics of accusing the other side of crimes committed by the reds is still in the mixer.

In this example the red 500 baht has been elevated to 700 baht and the burning down of Bangkok buildings transformed into burning vehicles, though in 2009 the reds made a determined efort to burn down a Bangkok neighbourhood by attempting to set fire to a hijacked oil tanker.

Well I guess this means the Thai judicial system works. The 'lese majeste' laws seem to be a bit harsh though. Those in Europe have seen moderation over the years.

Sincerely, I don't think so.

It is a Thai-style show.

Just like when the Democratic Party was said to be disbanded.

At the end , nothing happened.

DP has been giving away 700 THB to mobs who have beaten taxi drivers and set cars and motocicles on fire and took an international airport for days.

They have committed much serious offenses than former democratically elected PM Samak who went to cook in a TV show and was removed from office for that.

Thai judiciary system is totally manipulated, there is no independence at all.

Sometimes the elite wants to show it is independent, with surprising rules which look impartial and democratic, but i am sure it is just a show.

It would appear that Thaksin's tactics of accusing the other side of crimes committed by the reds is still in the mixer.

In this example the red 500 baht has been elevated to 700 baht and the burning down of Bangkok buildings transformed into burning vehicles, though in 2009 the reds made a determined efort to burn down a Bangkok neighbourhood by attempting to set fire to a hijacked oil tanker.

Yoshi,

I suspect I'm not the only poster who's been impressed by your change of style from five line propagandist mantras to actual discussion. What is your opinion of Sonthi's behaviour in the current mess?

the rich Yellow Elite will stoop to anything to keep the reds down trodden but this time they got caught and paid the price.

The Rich Yellow Elite saying a few bad things about the Rich Red Elite is hardly trying to keep the reds down trodden.

the rich Yellow Elite will stoop to anything to keep the reds down trodden but this time they got caught and paid the price.

The Rich Yellow Elite saying a few bad things about the Rich Red Elite is hardly trying to keep the reds down trodden.

Not only does it fail to reconcile with the Rich Red Elite, it also fails to reconcile with the Poor Non-Elite Yellow.

May I point out that

means some may target K. Newin for offenses against K. Thaksin. Maybe K. Newin should sue K. sondhi for suggesting offenses ?

Note if I don't know I may say 'who knows'. If I'm wrong I will say so, no problem. This may surprise, but I may make mistakes, I'm human after all ;)

Thanks for the angle about Newin suing Sondhi, intelligent humour. :lol: These 3 men run the current events. Thing is Newin seems a class above and would not sue, take non hissy fit revenges, like becoming the next PM, maybe? Newin is older Elite blood than the other 2 meglomaniaqcs right?

back on topic Let's just see if 'walked' on base Sondhi tries to steal 2 nd and 3rd. If he shuts up I will be wrong. :jap: keeps 'talking' - sure not sit in the bleachers

Interested to see how this conviction will affect his others charges, terrorism and lese majesty. Sondhi-Switserland (just speculating from my nonhuman self