Best Time To Apply For A Visa ?

I would suggest early in the morning and later in the day to avoid the heat. Like most embassies they may close early like noon. You could check on the Internet for the Thailand Embassy Laos and may see the hours there or a contact number. I have only had to go to Laos and come back every 90 days, with a one year visa. More experienced posters would know more. Soon I will have to go to change my visa for work permit and look forward to the answers you will get here.

I would suggest early in the morning and later in the day to avoid the heat. Like most embassies they may close early like noon. You could check on the Internet for the Thailand Embassy Laos and may see the hours there or a contact number. I have only had to go to Laos and come back every 90 days, with a one year visa. More experienced posters would know more. Soon I will have to go to change my visa for work permit and look forward to the answers you will get here.

You don't change your visa for a work permit,you need a work permit to work in Thailand and a visa/extension of stay, which allows you to stay in Thailand. Both are required, see this thread -

You don't change your visa for a work permit,you need a work permit to work in Thailand and a visa/extension of stay, which allows you to stay in Thailand. Both are required, see this thread - http://www.thaivisa....ms-please-help/

I am now on an Ed. visa have been offered work, so the visa will have to be changed to B type, when I receive the

WP. Are you saying that I do not have the to leave the country to change the visa status? All reports here seem to suggest othewise. The Ed visa is good till 2011.

... maybe you should go a little slow on the work permit ... maybe just get a tourist visa for a while ... avail yourself and maybe even pay a token amount for your accomodations ... kick the tires a bit with your friend as (still) just a friend ... have your 'advice' conversations over a beer or dinner... and just slow down.

... maybe you should go a little slow on the work permit ... maybe just get a tourist visa for a while ... avail yourself and maybe even pay a token amount for your accomodations ... kick the tires a bit with your friend as (still) just a friend ... have your 'advice' conversations over a beer or dinner... and just slow down.

Will have a long talk with him this weekend about his expectations and mine, before paying the lawyer to apply for the work permit. I'm good on my Ed visa till next year and then can extend it another 3 months with a visa runs.