What Is The Hull Consulate Like With Mail..

thaitero this looks promising for you:

Just to clarify. was in the Uk ans the special delivery service is trackable on your pc. I applied for my last 1 year multi entry visa before the old one had expired and encountered no problems.

Yes it looks promising :)

But if you have 2 valid visas on your passport, it may confuse border officials at the airport, i think :mellow:

In the UK.

Sounds fine then - someone said the VISA starts from the day they stamp it so I thought I'd leave it late.. then kinda thought perhaps I'm pushing it a little.. I fly on the 12th,..... I guess it should arrive if it doesn't get lost!

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah they do start from date issued which kind of annoys me really, can't see why they can't date from date you arrive in Thailand or day before...that's 1 reason why I use Special Delivery and try to leave as late as possible but for sure you do lose days on visa validity...

I think I "lost" best part of a month 1st time round on a 12 month visa. I did ask 1 time round for them to date it later but it still came back dated day issued:angry:

Funny to hear someone complain about what really is a scam kind of visa offered by no one else on the planet exept the now (thank god) closing Perth consulate. If and when Hull closes then folks will really cry about losing that best part of a month

Turn around IS 2-4 days, very good service. After asking this question of many people, my friends are so confident about this service, that they arrive in the UK on a Monday and leave a week later and expect to have the visa by then...

Can I ask if anyone has any comment on EMAIL response.

I sent an email to Hull to ask a few questions about the Non-Imm O visa based on visiting friends (ie me) and after 1 week still no reply.

I have decided to provide a letter of invitation for my friends anyway, but I had some other questions relating to the visa so I would have liked a reply...

I've emailed them a few times before and had a response back within 1 week though that was 3-4 years ago. Did have to chase sometimes though...

Thanks, I will chase them up then.

My last 3 Visa's (marriage non O) all from Hull. The last one I get while I was here (Thailand) via family in the UK - wife took passport and form/evidence to the UK as she was off to work there, posted them, got it back (2 Mon sent - Thurs return) - posted it back to Thailand via UPS. Had been openned/resealed and inspected (in the presence of the courier) by customs Thai side. Delivered to the door (UPS was about £30). People here said it would be dodgy because I was in country, (*though I applied outside of the country - Hull isn't in Thailand) - however, immigation were happy to stamp me out on the old visa and in on the new one without comment. BTW the old visa was expired (entry stamp still valid).

I find there is no point in emailing the Enquiries@ email, never get a response. Email ATaylor@ (boss man) and a response comes quite quickly. They cover most things in their PDF/Docs, easily found on their website - so I guess they are fed up with repeating the same answers (like how much is the visa/postage/etc) when it is included on the downloadable packs or info sheets.

Edited by wolf5370

In the UK.

Sounds fine then - someone said the VISA starts from the day they stamp it so I thought I'd leave it late.. then kinda thought perhaps I'm pushing it a little.. I fly on the 12th,..... I guess it should arrive if it doesn't get lost!

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah they do start from date issued which kind of annoys me really, can't see why they can't date from date you arrive in Thailand or day before...that's 1 reason why I use Special Delivery and try to leave as late as possible but for sure you do lose days on visa validity...

I think I "lost" best part of a month 1st time round on a 12 month visa. I did ask 1 time round for them to date it later but it still came back dated day issued:angry:

Funny to hear someone complain about what really is a scam kind of visa offered by no one else on the planet exept the now (thank god) closing Perth consulate. If and when Hull closes then folks will really cry about losing that best part of a month

The visa is not a scam visa - how did you reach that conclusion? Visa regulations and rules are open to interpretation (which is why every embassy asks for different paper work and follows different guidelines). It is also not the only consulate offering non 'o' for visiting family or friends - if this was not allowed in the rules, then Hull (or anywhere else) could not issue them. Such remarks are simply ridiculous. If Thailand wanted Visa rules to be consistently followed (and most of us would jump for joy if they were) then they would fix the rules to be absolutes and not vaguely, and contentiously, spread throughout half a dozen bits of legislation and immigration rule books.

As for Hull closing - they are working flat out, so they are unlikely to do so on their own volition. My understanding is, as Hull was the first Royal granted consulate in the world, it can not be closed without HM taking away the rights bestowed by his ascendants - such would be an insult to Britain, thus is hardly likely.

If Thailand made it easier to obtain long stay visas or to allow for a 'right to remain' type of pro-immigration law, or even just made the laws consistent and not subjective and volatile, then people wouldn't be scrambling around for legal ways to stay longer here. Not everyone who is under retirement age has to work here to be able to afford to live here - something Thailand does not seem to understand. People that have been here for yeas, have Thai families, speak Thai, are part of the local community, etc should be able to get ILR (residency) without the expensive crap-shoot it is today - and when was the last foreigner (from the west) given citizenship here?

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 1

Kuhn W -- I agree that Royal Thai embassies and counsulates are given wide discretion in granting visas and -- once given -- any Visa to the Kingdom is as golden as the next.

As far as given consideration to making things easier for those under 50 etc., to obtain long-stay visas, it is just as likely as not that they are not unaware of but HAVE in fact considered all those avenues and have chosen to reject such options.

Edited by jazzbo

Sorry thaiphoon, i know this topic is about turnaround times at Hull, but i'm interested in wolf3570 post.

wolf3570 Quote "My last 3 Visa's (marriage non O) all from Hull. The last one I get while I was here (Thailand) via family in the UK - wife took passport and form/evidence to the UK as she was off to work there, posted them, got it back (2 Mon sent - Thurs return) - posted it back to Thailand via UPS. Had been openned/resealed and inspected (in the presence of the courier) by customs Thai side. Delivered to the door (UPS was about £30). People here said it would be dodgy because I was in country, (*though I applied outside of the country - Hull isn't in Thailand) - however, immigation were happy to stamp me out on the old visa and in on the new one without comment. BTW the old visa was expired (entry stamp still valid)".

Quote from Lite Beer in another topic "Applying for a Thai Visa in UK while you are still in Thailand is illegal".

Was wolf3570 lucky or an oversight on Hulls part for not seeing no exit stamp from Thailand in his passport? Also immigration were 'happy' too.

:huh: