• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an ATM snatch was inevitable

i have been saying as much for years

some of these around here can almost be wheeled away in a tesco trolley

they would not last one night in UK

where i lived we had to take the step in at night!

I enjoy spotting these isolated cash cases in vulnerable locations. They are probably the testimony of a vanishing serene Thailand and may disappear soon. Who's to blame is another question.

Just a couple of criminals going to work where there are plenty of opportunities (i.e., Thailand). I expect their length of stay in Thai prison may be a little longer this time around.

You mean Thailand has cashpoint machines, so there are plenty of opportunities to steal them? A very strange comment. There are plenty of opportunities for criminals in all countries.

and next you will be saying the BIBs are here to help people.

What I'm wondering is how these two guys managed to get BACK into Thailand after serving time for a similar crime before, and then being deported after they were released from prison.

Perhaps previously the money was never returned as it was needed for you no what. :)

good one

They didn't get in due to changed names. If the altered something that made it impossible for immigrations to know it was *them* then the police would not immediately find out when they arrested the individuals that they had previous deportations...their data is based on the same records.

The point is they stole 4.4 million and police recovered 2.4 million, sounds about right

Correct me if i am wrong, but previous reports mentioned 4 men and all being Middle Eastern. since when Serbian start to look Middle Eastern? or was it a different robbery?

Go to England and see what nationalities the populous look like, take your pick. :ermm:

I do not know what is more scary, people constantly referring everything to England or people from England not knowing what Serbian look like, and rest assured Serbian do not look anything even remotely close to Middle Eastern.

For those who do not know geography and history very well, Serbia is former Yugoslavia which consisted of mainly Serbs, Croatians and Albanians.

Serbs are 99.9% same as Russian-taller, blond and fair skin and look nothing like Middle Eastern

Albanian do look Middle Eastern

Croatian, some may look Middle Eastern but not too many.

Just a couple of criminals going to work where there are plenty of opportunities (i.e., Thailand). I expect their length of stay in Thai prison may be a little longer this time around.

You mean Thailand has cashpoint machines, so there are plenty of opportunities to steal them? A very strange comment. There are plenty of opportunities for criminals in all countries.

Logic dictates that when extablishing any business one must consider the criminal's perspective. So thinking that an ATM is easy to steal, just reflects competent thinking.

Many places in the US have walk in booths, with two or 3 cameras - rarely are ATM machines truly outside as they are here. When outside, they are well lit and well secured...

Not long ago, a couple of guys chained a pickup to an ATM in the US and then immediately ripped off their bumber, leaving the liscense plate... They were arrested the following morning - attempted robbery - 3 years, minimum...LOL

They didn't get in due to changed names. If the altered something that made it impossible for immigrations to know it was *them* then the police would not immediately find out when they arrested the individuals that they had previous deportations...their data is based on the same records.

The point is they stole 4.4 million and police recovered 2.4 million, sounds about right

Report said the other two involved got into Cambodia.

Do you really think they went empty handed and trusted the two left behind with their share?

Some posters on this forum seem to take every opertunity they get to sling off at the cops.

You must have had some very bad personal experiences with the law.

Report said the other two involved got into Cambodia.

Do you really think they went empty handed and trusted the two left behind with their share?

Some posters on this forum seem to take every opertunity they get to sling off at the cops.

You must have had some very bad personal experiences with the law.

Yeah, makes you wonder doesnt it.......then as you travel about the place and notice them sitting on the steps of 7/11 drinking cheap beer, you start to get the bigger picture of these sort of people. :rolleyes:

UPDATE

Reconstruction of the Serbian ATM bandits

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya police have arrested two Serbians for the theft of the Ayudhya ATM machine last month, while their accomplices made their escape through the Cambodian border.

Pattaya 4th September2010 [PDN]On the 3rd of September 2010, in Rayong province, Police General Auswin Kwanmeung, Assistant Commissioner-General and Police Major General Thanitsak Teerasawat, Rayong Police Commissioner, took the two Serbians, the Ayudhya ATM Bandits, to a reconstruction in front of pedestrians.

The two, Mr. Milan Nicholic, (43) and Mr. Breniley Lasic, (50) were arrested at Lee-la Garden Hotel, Suan Loung District, Bangkok and confiscated cash of 154,100 baht, two mobile phones and two Bangkok Bank books along with ATM cards.

The two bandits confessed to the crime of the stolen ATM machine from the Bank of Ayudhya in Rayong on the 27th of August with two other friends Mr. Alexander Warasev, (42) and Mr. Dayan Marrick, (32) who managed to escape through the Aranyaprathet border crossing into Cambodia. The two had taken the stolen money with them, leaving a little for Mr. Warasev and Mr. Marrick for the rest of their time here and their journey home on the 6th September. They planned to split the money when they met up again in their homeland. The ATM machine which contained over Bt 4 million in cash was dumped after being stolen on a farm in Sattahip.

The full story continues HERE

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-09-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Correct me if i am wrong, but previous reports mentioned 4 men and all being Middle Eastern. since when Serbian start to look Middle Eastern? or was it a different robbery?

The duo were released from jail in March 2009 and deported.....

They were released from who? Using their own money stolen from an ATM? <deleted> is wrong with the story, it can't be true.

What about the officials who earlier let the same scumbags out the prison back door - after a several month stint for stealing over 4 million baht? Will there be any investigation of the officials who got bribed? Oh, silly me, for a moment I forgot this is Thailand. Officials getting busted for taking bribes is about as likely as Thaksin getting elected Pope.

Oh yes.Thaksin the new pope. Unbelievable that they let them out. Money makes the world go around.....

Go to England and see what nationalities the populous look like, take your pick. :ermm:

I do not know what is more scary, people constantly referring everything to England or people from England not knowing what Serbian look like, and rest assured Serbian do not look anything even remotely close to Middle Eastern.

For those who do not know geography and history very well, Serbia is former Yugoslavia which consisted of mainly Serbs, Croatians and Albanians.

Serbs are 99.9% same as Russian-taller, blond and fair skin and look nothing like Middle Eastern

Eh...Serbians are NOT blond. All of my class-mates and childhood friends from Serbia had very dark/black hair, even if the skin-complexion was typical middle-European.

quote deleted

We eat babies, too.

I can understand that you are "forming" your opinions based on what TV tells you, but you really shouldn't publicly state those opinions and reveal how ignorant you are. Wouldn't it be easier to post something like "Guys, I know nothing about Serbia, is there anyone who could explain me some basics?", instead of what you have posted?

Newsbreak: there are criminals of all nationalities, races and genders.

Pity that you're not an American, British or a Russian guy, that would make the irony so much more satisfying.

And no, we don't "look like" Russians.

For years I though that Thais are champions in ignorance when it comes to geography/history, but I've met so many farangs that aren't any better, I'm wondering if it's contagious. Mind you, the difference is that Thais never try to voice their opinions on such subjects, because they are fully aware they don't know anything about it.

Sigh.

Oh well, off I go, there are some ATMs I need to rob, some crimes I have to commit, and some babies to eat, with my Romanian, Russian and Albanian buddies.

Edited by Mario2008

give us back the iron curtain; I didn't see any "benefit of peace" since its collapse, on the other hand, things have become more difficult in Europe, and now it's fast spreading to Asia .

There is this story in the French news, a cop lynched by four tchetchen thugs,for asking one not to jump a queue at a tobacconist's ; then three cops came to the rescue, all of them were wounded. Who needs to import more mafia ?

It's just plain Theft not Robbery two entirely different offences. If these guys had previously been deported how did they get back into the country?

I agree with Robby nz, post #27.....

Another post on this thread mentions face recognition technology at Suvarnabhumi and in addition to that, I assume that the immigration people at the international airports might have other resources available to them that are not found at the land border crossing points. Maybe they entered at a land crossing? I suppose they could have even crossed by land, (or river), without even passing through immigration, maybe even in possesion of fake passports repleate with fake immigration stamps. Hopefully facts will be published eventually to fill us in about the circumstances of them being in the country.

Edited by siamiam

One would wonder why such a crime is profitable now-a-days. Most units in the UK at least have dye bombs installed. Forceably remove the unit (ATM) from its mounting or force the safe and the thing explodes ruining the money and marking the individual(s) - the ink is nigh on impossible to wash off, and once the colour is removed, is still visible using UV lamps for days (even weeks) afterwards. Doinfg the same everywhere would rcue this crime to mere vandomism - loss of cash is insured anyway.

serbians do look a little oily skinned and have that roman nose not all but its a feature so maybe they would look a little eastern and then they have a suntann due to the weather there anyway these people are very dangerouse like albainians and romainians and no im not talking out of order they are know for there aggresive way like the russians you dont need these people in thailand the country turning into a sesspitt for all the wrong type people even the lager louts from england are there now

Prejudiced Conclusion!

And where is your Country of perfect Citizens?

serbians do look a little oily skinned and have that roman nose not all but its a feature so maybe they would look a little eastern and then they have a suntann due to the weather there anyway these people are very dangerouse like albainians and romainians and no im not talking out of order they are know for there aggresive way like the russians you dont need these people in thailand the country turning into a sesspitt for all the wrong type people even the lager louts from england are there now

We eat babies, too.

I can understand that you are "forming" your opinions based on what TV tells you, but you really shouldn't publicly state those opinions and reveal how ignorant you are. Wouldn't it be easier to post something like "Guys, I know nothing about Serbia, is there anyone who could explain me some basics?", instead of what you have posted?

Newsbreak: there are criminals of all nationalities, races and genders.

Pity that you're not an American, British or a Russian guy, that would make the irony so much more satisfying.

And no, we don't "look like" Russians.

For years I though that Thais are champions in ignorance when it comes to geography/history, but I've met so many farangs that aren't any better, I'm wondering if it's contagious. Mind you, the difference is that Thais never try to voice their opinions on such subjects, because they are fully aware they don't know anything about it.

Sigh.

Oh well, off I go, there are some ATMs I need to rob, some crimes I have to commit, and some babies to eat, with my Romanian, Russian and Albanian buddies.

Serbian and Russian are both SLAVIC, so yeah both are very much alike.

The Slavic Peoples are an ethnic and linguistic branch of Indo-European peoples, living mainly in central and eastern Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavic_peoples

Eh...Serbians are NOT blond. All of my class-mates and childhood friends from Serbia had very dark/black hair, even if the skin-complexion was typical middle-European.

When were you at school? Serbians became Sebians way after you finished school and uni.

Back then they refereed to themselves as being Yugoslav, not to mention all the cross mixes.

As posted in the previous post, Serbs are Slavic and Slavic people generally are blond with fair skin.

Not that this minor fact makes any difference. But Serbians definitely-200% do not look Middle Eastern

Edited by kuffki

There are days I wonder how a simple topic like 'arrest for ATM robbery' gets into a racial type and characteristics issue. Probably means nothing more to say about the OP, in which case we could close this ;)

Pol Lt Gen Soros Iamsa-ad, commander of Region 2, and a team of officers inspected the scene where they found tire tracks and skid marks, and the remains of the ATM machine scattered about.

i know its hard to find public toilets in thailand but did they have to use the road to wipe their <deleted>:D?

When were you at school? Serbians became Sebians way after you finished school and uni.

Back then they refereed to themselves as being Yugoslav, not to mention all the cross mixes.

As posted in the previous post, Serbs are Slavic and Slavic people generally are blond with fair skin.

Not that this minor fact makes any difference. But Serbians definitely-200% do not look Middle Eastern

First of all, no, I am not an old man.

Secondly, even during the first Yugoslav war (there were 2 major ones) in -91 and before my friends most definitely defined themselves as Serbs, other as Croats, Macedonians etc. The nation was only held together due to the dictatorship of Tito but people most definitely defined themselves from their own groups of people as from before the nation was forced together after WW2.

So, thirdly, Serbians did NOT become Serbians when the second Yugoslavia fell; they always were.

Which you would know if you knew any.

An NO, they are not generally [sic] blond.

Again, you would know this if you knew any Serbs.

But since you don't, here is a source:

The Serbs are darker in pigmentation than either the Slovenes or the Croatians; 45 per cent of eyes are pure brown (Martin #2-4), as against 20 per cent which are pure or nearly pure light. Over 55 per cent have black or dark brown hair, while light browns and blonds come to less than 10 per cent. The beards are, of course, often lighter than the head hair. The skin is brunet-white or light-brown in at least a third of the total. It is unlikely that the prevalence of brunet pigmentation among the Serbs came from a Slavic source, and as we shall presently see, the high incidence of dark eyes can hardly be called Dinaric. By elimination we must suppose that the Serbs, in their sojourn in northern Macedonia. accumulated a strong brunet tendency.

http://carnby.altervista.org/troe/12-12.htm

QED.

First of all, no, I am not an old man.

Secondly, even during the first Yugoslav war (there were 2 major ones) in -91 and before my friends most definitely defined themselves as Serbs, other as Croats, Macedonians etc. The nation was only held together due to the dictatorship of Tito but people most definitely defined themselves from their own groups of people as from before the nation was forced together after WW2.

So, thirdly, Serbians did NOT become Serbians when the second Yugoslavia fell; they always were.

Which you would know if you knew any.

An NO, they are not generally [sic] blond.

Again, you would know this if you knew any Serbs.

But since you don't, here is a source:

The Serbs are darker in pigmentation than either the Slovenes or the Croatians; 45 per cent of eyes are pure brown (Martin #2-4), as against 20 per cent which are pure or nearly pure light. Over 55 per cent have black or dark brown hair, while light browns and blonds come to less than 10 per cent. The beards are, of course, often lighter than the head hair. The skin is brunet-white or light-brown in at least a third of the total. It is unlikely that the prevalence of brunet pigmentation among the Serbs came from a Slavic source, and as we shall presently see, the high incidence of dark eyes can hardly be called Dinaric. By elimination we must suppose that the Serbs, in their sojourn in northern Macedonia. accumulated a strong brunet tendency.

http://carnby.alterv.../troe/12-12.htm

QED.

Thank you very much for your reference and i am well aware of your need to argue on every single thread and you would be almost correct if i did not live in Eastern Europe for 15 years and did not speak , write and read fluent Russian, plus read and write and understand Serbian, Bulgarian and Polish

But even assuming you are correct, does that mean they look Middle Eastern? or have you already forgotten the matter in question?