Effective Bait For Skunar

tole

Hi,

Maybe someone who use to fish at skunar pond willing to share the effective bait for this pond :-)

Last weekend we went there and use 2 kind of bait:

1. Dough made from bread and mix it with some additive (I think cocnut milk and pandan smell)

2. Lam mix with water and vanilla smell.

Both were okay but the result was not as good as the local ...just wondering what do they use..

Beside that, I notice there are 3 different tackle set up

1. with semifloat and using the dough

2. botom fishing using lam

3. with float using lam

Which one is the modt effective in this pond ...

Many thanks for the info

tole

i,m a regular there,I always bottom fish but the bait and addatives are something which change often, The lam is something quit new there and say it needs an addative which they sell to attract plah buek...i never had much success with it,

MY ex gf is in the know and has contact with thais who fish there every week so before going i call and ask her to get the info, she claims they use something they call a bomb to make the fish loose the taste for the bait and addatives they have been taking so as to stop locals taking there own bait, Pandan was working for a while but it since changed to durian, something called fruity was also working.

i,m a regular there,I always bottom fish but the bait and addatives are something which change often, The lam is something quit new there and say it needs an addative which they sell to attract plah buek...i never had much success with it,

MY ex gf is in the know and has contact with thais who fish there every week so before going i call and ask her to get the info, she claims they use something they call a bomb to make the fish loose the taste for the bait and addatives they have been taking so as to stop locals taking there own bait, Pandan was working for a while but it since changed to durian, something called fruity was also working.

Can you explain this bomb thing, when I fish my local lake the Thai's always catch many more fish and they do seem to have something special in there bait, a recent competition where there were 5 thai's and 7 Falang the Thai's caught many many fish where as us only a few, in fact the Thai fishing next to me had many many runs and fish whereas myself only 1 fish and one other run. so what do they do to attract the fish to there bait?

Thanks for the info.

Contact with Thais is a bit difficult as I don't speak Thai anyway, next visit I will try durian and this fruity.

BTW..does the small shop there has this durian and fruity thing ?

Can you explain this bomb thing, when I fish my local lake the Thai's always catch many more fish and they do seem to have something special in there bait, a recent competition where there were 5 thai's and 7 Falang the Thai's caught many many fish where as us only a few, in fact the Thai fishing next to me had many many runs and fish whereas myself only 1 fish and one other run. so what do they do to attract the fish to there bait?

I remember the first time I went to skunar pond.

I did not catch anything the whole day (blank) while the Thais beside me strike almost every 2 casting the whole day !

I think the fish in BSR is easier to catch than skunar but BSR is much pricey and I don't like double pricing standard they use

The "bomb" is like a swim feeder. The groundbait-bread/lam mixed with your preference of addictive-is compressed onto steel spring. As bait is casted the "bomb" slowly dissolved and it's the scent that attracts the fishes to your bait/"bomb". Simply the "bomb" is the bait as if you have fished at Bungsamran you cast the hook is bare.

Anglers have used vanilla,pandan,coconut milk,buttermilk addictive etc etc the list go on along with adding semi ripe banana,muang beans,milk formula,eggs,butter cakes,sugar cane drink etc etc. Guess it's a matter of one's preference and what combination is effective. Fishes don't see the bait they are attracted by the smell/scent.

So it comes to which "bomb"/bait scent is more attractive for the fish.

There is a shop on the left side of the road on the way to sakuna where you can buy all additives, Fruity is quite expencive as i remember (small bottle 60-70 baht)

At times the catch rates at sakuna can be quite high if you get the bait right, I have had as many as 15 per day with almost half being plah buek, I also refuse to use BSR because of their double pricing policy.

I did not catch anything the whole day (blank) while the Thais beside me strike almost every 2 casting the whole day !

I think the fish in BSR is easier to catch than skunar but BSR is much pricey and I don't like double pricing standard they use

The bomb thing i refure to is something the owners use to stop the fish taking the bait they have been used too, I have no idea how it works but for a while there was a worker there selling his own bait and the owner fired both him and his wife after a few months, Then there was a shop where you could also by the bait from the guy who got fired, The owner of the lake then used something the thais call a bomb to stop fish taking this bait as people were buying outside and sneaking this bait in,

There is a shop on the left side of the road on the way to sakuna where you can buy all additives, Fruity is quite expencive as i remember (small bottle 60-70 baht)

At times the catch rates at sakuna can be quite high if you get the bait right, I have had as many as 15 per day with almost half being plah buek, I also refuse to use BSR because of their double pricing policy.

Edited by tingtongfarang

The bomb thing i refure to is something the owners use to stop the fish taking the bait they have been used too, I have no idea how it works but for a while there was a worker there selling his own bait and the owner fired both him and his wife after a few months, Then there was a shop where you could also by the bait from the guy who got fired, The owner of the lake then used something the thais call a bomb to stop fish taking this bait as people were buying outside and sneaking this bait in,

All very confusing I think I will stick to my own bait and catch what I catch which is quite a lot, I am refering to competitions it must be that important to them to win they will go to any lengths and they do win..