Settlement Visa Uk

In a previous post i was considering 6 month Visit Visa for my Thai wife with my family sponsoring her,

and then she will return to make the Settlement Visa.

I have been working a short while here in the UK.

I have been going through the rules of MAA8 maintenance & accommodation: spouse / civil partner / unmarried or same-sex partner on the Home Office website.

Been working over 1 month and am living in my family home and have my own bedroom(looking for suitble accomadation in time) but unfortunately have a boss who seems set on pushing me out of my job, i know i am doing a good job ,but that's another story.

My question really is if we make the Settlement Visa while i'm in work and i am forced to leave my job while the application is being processed and i start looking for another, be it part time or full-time(pref, full-time) where would we stand with the application?

It might be ,in this situation ,better to go for the Visit Visa as it would be less complicated

at this time but we would really prefer the Settlement Visa, as we've been married a few years now

and want a future together.

If you have any suggestions i would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance from Pomchob.

I have no experience of this but I would guess that the info you give at time of application should be correct ie house job etc. Possibly there could be instructions telling you to give details of any change in circumstances. The main thing British agencies is to be truthful and not try to be clever or tricky. If they catch you out that is the end, especially as now everthing is on comuper file and can be checked instantly.

A lot depends on if your marriage is recognised in the UK.

If it is, you would be better to go for a settlement visa, if not then it may be appropriate to go for a fiance visa in which case you could marry her in the UK . Whichever is correct the paperwork has to be backed up with

solid proof, also remember the criteria of 'having no recourse to public funds'.

If a marriage is legal in the country where it took place, then it is legal in the UK. A marriage in Thailand is not a legal marriage unless it is registered at an Ampur.

Pomchob,

If you want your wife to live with you in the UK then, obviously, a settlement visa is the way to go. The ECO will assess the application on the circumstances of the applicant and sponsor at the time. However, if those circumstances change between submitting the application and receiving the decision then I would recommend informing them of this change.

If you were to lose your job, then this does not necessarily mean that her application would be refused. You will be initially living with family, so your outgoings will be low, and financial support from family is permitted under the rules. However, you should show what steps you have taken to to find work.

I have no experience of this but I would guess that the info you give at time of application should be correct ie house job etc. Possibly there could be instructions telling you to give details of any change in circumstances. The main thing British agencies is to be truthful and not try to be clever or tricky. If they catch you out that is the end, especially as now everthing is on comuper file and can be checked instantly.

Hi Benpce, thank-you very much for you good pointers, good luck from Pomchob

If it is, you would be better to go for a settlement visa, if not then it may be appropriate to go for a fiance visa in which case you could marry her in the UK . Whichever is correct the paperwork has to be backed up with

solid proof, also remember the criteria of 'having no recourse to public funds'.

Hi Snuggzzz Yes the marraige was registered at an Ampur thanks for your time and input from pomchob.

If a marriage is legal in the country where it took place, then it is legal in the UK. A marriage in Thailand is not a legal marriage unless it is registered at an Ampur.

Pomchob,

If you want your wife to live with you in the UK then, obviously, a settlement visa is the way to go. The ECO will assess the application on the circumstances of the applicant and sponsor at the time. However, if those circumstances change between submitting the application and receiving the decision then I would recommend informing them of this change.

If you were to lose your job, then this does not necessarily mean that her application would be refused. You will be initially living with family, so your outgoings will be low, and financial support from family is permitted under the rules. However, you should show what steps you have taken to to find work.

Hello 7by7 thank-you, you've made some very good points. So the ECO could see it positive with low outgoings while living with the family, which i didn't see at first. And i could quite easily find another job quite quickly.And i will follow your advice and inform them of any changes in my situation from application to decision.

well done again for posting the relevant information which always comes my way from your good self, cheers from Pomchob ;)