Thai Women

Richard7

Mr Ricardo, I was posted to Thailand and worked there, most of the Farangs that are giving advice here, are the irredeemable type of the repudiate type, and their advice is as good as roll of a dice!

Stay away from them be a wise choice.

Educated Thai women are in plenty and large number of people do speak some English, first time I was there, as I was walking, near Pantip Plaza, a lady started chatting with me and invited me for dinner, I thought she was the usual Thai hooker looking for a stray farang, it turned out she was the sectiona manager for the Hard Disk manufacturer Segate, which she gave me a tour of the factory later on, as well have had acquaintance with Bank Manager, high school teacher, fashion designer, and ect, never , never prostitutes! I don't drik or smoke, so I never have been near any night spots, Thai people are friendly and happy go lucky, just be pleasant and gentle and you will get something nice full of spice. There are two campus full of sweet dainties, go the Cafeteria for lunch and you will meet loads of real neat ones,

Thammasat University , is within walking distance of Kao San road where Back Packers hang out, the Internet is free there, if you have a laptop, take it there and enjoy the free high speed wireless........., In the city, off the Siam Square is the Chulalongkorn University, chuck a block with cuties and very cheap refectory and excellent food. The choice in unlimited! Thailand has changed a lot, and it always has been a open and tolerant society, the are super rich girls loaded with cash! Some of these Farang men that hang around the bars etc, in their own country their women folk wound not even urinate on them if they catch fire!

• Like 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came hear 2 years ago, 24, reasonably attractive, and with no income. You can find good girls just fine. I've done it, as have many of my friends. Don't look in gogo bars. Make friends with Thai guys as well as Thai women. Everyone I know who has found a good girl has done it because they tried to be friends with Thai people instead of walking around hunting down their women.

Just keep your wits about as there are lots of women who are just looking for a pay check. Theres also lots of girls who have their paychecks who are looking for a young guy to have fun with. Not exactly a good girl by my definition, but good fun and won't be trying to rob or scam you. Good luck.

Yes.

Totally agree.

I have also mentioned that many times on the Forums.

Make friends with Thai men as well, so you get a social network.

I found it easier to make friends with men here in Thailand than back home.

Soon you will be meeting friends of your friends, and some of them are women.

ok enough is enough

I do not see anywhere in the OP asking for prostitutes, so any more suggestions/implications that is what he should look for will be deleted, and those posting such answers warned.

if you havent got any other constructive advice, you need not answer.

cheers

Cheers - I guess the only way to find out is by actually going out there.

It would be nice to meet a nice Thai girl anyhow!

Richard……………..You shall go to the ball! Eye's wide open matey!

Edited by Tonto21

There are two campus full of sweet dainties... who just as documented with co-eds at UCLA Medical School, U of Southern Cal, Harvard Law School, Oxford, etc. and Chula and KKU will be happy to let you help them with their semester's tuition

there are super rich girls loaded with cash! ... just dying to hook-up with a farang tourist just off the boat.

Edited by jazzbo

MrRichard2009, it seems your tactic of insulting those trying to give the OP a realistic assessment of Thai women is rather childish. It's also self-serving in that it's obvious that you're implying that you're "the sh*t," and have no problem attracting Thai women (the hottest ones, of course). Sure, we believe you. But I think you're doing the OP a huge disservice by suggesting that Thai women are, by and large, there for the taking.

Firstly, there are in fact a small percentage of women in any country who are enamored by foreign men. When I was in the states, I remember a few American women who would wet their panties just by the sound of a foreign accent. They exists, but in rather small numbers, relative to the entire populace. This is how it is in Thailand:

To begin with, roughly 90% of Thai women prefer to have a normal relationship with a normal Thai guy. You don't have to take my word for it, just look around. The other 10% consists of: bargirls who will be happy to pretend to like you for money; freelancers (on the street, internet, etc.) who would do the same for money; dirt poor girls with no prospects and who are largely unattractive (to the Thai guys), usually with kids, and no other options; older Thai women who are past their prime and know it; normal Thai girls who just want to have a no-strings-attached fling with a foreigner. This last groupmuch like their American counterpartis tiny, but may seem larger due to their propensity to hang out where foreigners hang out. I believe the OP is targeting this group. The problem is, they're rather hard to pick out from the other groups above.

Another thing, MrRichard2009: Your statement that "the largest group of people who speak English are college graduates not bar girls" is ridiculous beyond words. I know many, MANY Thai college grads (from Thai universities) and the only ones who speak any decent English are those that majored in English. And even then, it's pretty basic conversational English, not the fluent variety. There are those that attended international schools, but they're rather small in number. And even smaller still are those that did their grad/post-grad work overseas, but they're mostly married to Thai guys. By the way, intelligence does not equal English proficiency. Some of these girls are really bright, but they just don't speak much English. Someone else mentioned girls with English-speaking daddies, but their numbers are so small as to not even constitute a group. So yes, the most proficient English speakers, as a group, are bargirls.

Last question, for the OP: One has to wonder thiswhy would a young, attractive, successful farang guy, who could easily find a young, attractive, farang female who actually speaks his language, why would this guy be interested in a long term relationship with a female from a developing country whom he can barely communicate with?

BOY YOU ARE GOOD SIR. WELL WRITTEN AND MORE IMPORTANTLY WHAT YOU WRITE MAKES A HELLUVA LOT OF SENSE.

htae to pat myself on the back but i can sniff out these guys who think thai babes(the desirable ones who are just waiting for their farang prince charming ) are ez to hook!

one thing all the casanovas seem to have is time. dont think op has much of this.

Edited by mrdeedee

Kuhn M -- some strangely interesting views on this thread

OP -- And a normal girl would fall in love with me because (I am 25) I have money, I'm generous, polite and thoughtful...

And a normal girl would fall in love with ME because I have money, I'm generous, polite and thoughtful... and twice their age ... they do not speak English and have never before met a farang -- what is so strange?

There are two campus full of sweet dainties... who just as documented with co-eds at UCLA Medical School, U of Southern Cal, Harvard Law School, Oxford, etc. and Chula and KKU will be happy to let you help them with their semester's tuition

there are super rich girls loaded with cash! ... just dying to hook-up with a farang tourist just off the boat.

You can buy documentaries about this on Sukhumvit Road for 100 baht / disk.

SC

.......I was walking, near Pantip Plaza, a lady started chatting with me and invited me for dinner..........

:rolleyes: Yes, walking on the catwalk, modeling or just so hot looking? :lol:

i ain't as easy as some may wish to suggest here, not to forget that some of the "college girls" are known to freelance, for that extra little luxury in their lifes too!

Sure "Seagate section manager" will chat up an unknown farang in front of Phantip Plaza... :lol: I am certain, been many times to "The Loft" in Central Chidlom, breakfast or lunch in the Emporium, evening drink in Hard Rock Cafe, or at Gulliver's, here and there, never ever been "approached" by a single woman in public, else then.... well you know, who.

Once in Wat Po, at a Beach in Krabi, to take a shot of a group which was on vacation, once a sales girl in Silom Central said that her friend "likes me".. but then they were all giggling and very shy, tried to invite her for dinner, no success..... it's a game.

Unless, one is introduced, or by chance a coworker in the company you are employed or (maybe) own, it will be close to impossible to meet a decent girl here, it's a factr, the family will look after her and unless one is really well off, with a real good background, there are very few chances for foreigners here.

keep dreaming and those who really got lucky: "Chookdee, na krap!"

Edited by Samuian

So you suggest guys should try to travel to Issan and find the most expensive ... to marry?

A. No ... Because even if they tried, they would not likely find them in any short order.

B. They are more like 'mia nois' ... not what you said.

C. If they did find them, they might want to marry them; they would only laugh at the ### farang.

D. How can anyone have so many posts and know so little.

D. Know so little? Because I don't share your delusion of black-and-white generalizations of women of quality? Alrighty, whatever makes you happy when you brag in the bar to your friends.

Come, have a holiday, rent the woman of your choice for a short time and enjoy yourself. You are NOT going to meet some sweet young thing if you are not fluent in Thai.

When you say 'rent the woman of your choice for a short time', you mean pay for sex? Or is this some sort of deal where they 'act as a girlfriend' for the day? I'm not familiar with the term 'short time'. Could you clarify? :ermm:

It's a shame you state I will 'NOT' meet one ! :angry:

And cheers for those insights 'wasabi', going through your post now.

What he's saying is that you will meet Thai girls for sex if that's what you're interested in--but you will pay. One way or another. If you want a "normal" relationship, it would help to speak Thai. As a group, the most proficient English speaking Thai girls are bargirls. If one of your requirements is that she speak English, then a bargirl is your best option.

You've got to be joking. The standard of bargirl English is terrible. Maybe compared to your Thai ...............?

No ... because you wrote that sentence ...

"Goodness, what beautiful diamonds !"

Mae West
: Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie

BTW I do not drink, smoke, watch the footies, or go to bars ... but if any of the young women in question were to accompany me to one,

I sure as hel_l would not have to brag.

Edited by jazzbo

we dont believe its impossible..............but for a tourist to think he gonna pick up a nice office girl for free is ludicrious! only way i see it is if man lie thru his teeth promising this and that.

if im a hot thai good girl, no way am i thinking of going out w a tourist in the hopes it turn into long time relationship.

ps i hear govt is thinking about putting iodine or something in water to raise iq level of its people............so maybe the stupidity of thai girls is possible:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've lived in Thailand for a few years and from my experience plenty of office girls are looking for a "casual relationship". Quite often these ladies have previously been hurt in serious relationships (mostly with Thai men) and don't want the hassle of a serious relationship. I lived mostly in BKK would i would not expect it to be any different in Koh Samui (although i have never been there).

Come, have a holiday, rent the woman of your choice for a short time and enjoy yourself. You are NOT going to meet some sweet young thing if you are not fluent in Thai.

When you say 'rent the woman of your choice for a short time', you mean pay for sex? Or is this some sort of deal where they 'act as a girlfriend' for the day? I'm not familiar with the term 'short time'. Could you clarify? :ermm:

It's a shame you state I will 'NOT' meet one ! :angry:

And cheers for those insights 'wasabi', going through your post now.

What he's saying is that you will meet Thai girls for sex if that's what you're interested in--but you will pay. One way or another. If you want a "normal" relationship, it would help to speak Thai. As a group, the most proficient English speaking Thai girls are bargirls. If one of your requirements is that she speak English, then a bargirl is your best option.

You've got to be joking. The standard of bargirl English is terrible. Maybe compared to your Thai ...............?

Man, you must not get out much. Are you trying to tell me that the typical Thai girl is fluent in English? I never said "bargirl English" was fluent English, only that these bargirls are the most proficient in communicating in English--relative to the normal Thai person. Everyone knows what is meant by "bargirl English" and it's not a positive description. But if you can't speak Thai, that's better than nothing....wouldn't you agree? My Thai is pretty good and I can honestly say that nearly every Thai girl in Thailand--even those that can speak some English--prefers to communicate in Thai. By the way, what is your point exactly?

If you want to have fun with girls, why are you even asking questions on TV. God i dont understand you kind of people, just come here for sex like most tourist and thats all. No questions asked

If you are looking for a real relation, forget about it before you know the asian culture first and have an income here. Otherwise why would a normal girl with a job fall in love with a foreigner without a job and whos probably going to return to his country a couple month later.

Stop dreaming

Firstly, can you actually provide figures to back up the statement that I have highlighted.

Let the guy come here and have some fun, you probably came to Thailand as a tourist before you settled here, unless you are Thai?

Edited by mrtoad

small village ... who said anything about a small village? ... the stunners can make $100+ a night and never leave Isaan, never have to bother to learn English, or have to ever meet a #### Farang.

... there are places you can go where they hang out but the places are not mentioned in Lonely Planet

So you suggest guys should try to travel to Issan and find the most expensive prostitute to marry?

Not sure what part of issan you are from ..but the going rate is about 300 baht for thais and 500 baht for farangs ..jap.gif

Mate, with all due respect, the topic and your question seem a little derogative to Thai women in general. I personally wouldn't ask this sort of question on a forum of any sort. The idea about going to a different country is to explore the country, it's culture, it's people and so on. If your not hard up as you say you are, why would you then ask what Thai women are like? that's up to you to find out, the good, the bad and the ugly. Enjoy your stay, have fun but most of all, respect the people your with and play safe at all times.

Dude your crazy man ! I was not recomending any of that ...LOL ...... Once again the VERY low class thinking gets in your way. And NO not all or even most middle classed girls are not allowed to date farang ! LOL Just more defeatist nonsense. He was asking about finding a girlfriend and your best advice is to send him to experienced hookers ! ROFL ...... Once again Richard, don't pay any attention to this kind of nonsense. My personal belief is that it comes from people who have such low self confidence that they settled for a bar girl type and now have a lot of explanations and excuses as to why it's impossible to find a girlfriend in Thailand that's not a hooker ! LOL Or why hookers in Thailand are quazi hookers not really hookers so that makes it "different".

Once again just stay away from the sleaze ..... and Ian if you had read my post I did tell him to find a bar girl if all he wanted was a shag, so your comments are not only without basis but clearly opposite to what I posted.

No, it is you that just doesn't understand the OP's topic.er. I'm He is coming to Koh Samui which is a known tourist center where 80% of the women working or living there are involved in the bar scene in some capacity or another sure sbk can back me up on that. I believe she lives down that way on a neighbouring island. He is NOT going to be working or living near a university where there are lots of young women from middle income (or better) families. If the OP is looking for a little romance with a nice Thai girl then he is unlikely to find it on Koh Samui without staying there for more than just the usual tourist visit.

Believe it or not, most nice Thai girls do not date farang tourists unless they've known them for several months. Yes, there is the occasional pretty girl working as domestic help in one of the better hotels, but they are few and far between. Most don't speak English. And, believe it or not, there are a FEW that work in Pattaya hotels that are also nice, innocent girls. But again, they are hard to find and seldom date tourists. They don't want to get the bad name for doing so. Any young Thai woman who is dating a farang man in a city known for its sex trade will be automatically deemed a hooker... whether it's true or not. There was a whole topic on that subject.

I've got 3 friends with grown daughters going to university in Chiang Mai. I can assure you that none of them go out with farang tourists. Nor would they be allowed to without supervision.

80 percent of the women on Samui are involved in the bar scene. you are exaggerating just a bit, don,t you think?

....just another nice Isaan person who can go weeks without encountering another farang ... they'll be kicking air.

... but I'll take another 'Red -1' for my collection.

Is that maybe because of the lack of farangs in your village ???..village where i come from there are lots of farang from all different parts of the world.

Germans , danish., French . Scots English ETC. i work in the week but always look forward to catching up with the local farangs for a session on the beer and good ole chat on the weekend .

But saying that i am a sociable guy and can get along with any one me ..i could never see myself going for weeks on end never wanting to or not associating with any one from the out side world..wai.gif

Edited by welsh1

I live in Isaan; I never said that I live in a village

My days are quite complete as I assist persons not only in Thailand but all over the world.

I do not drink or 'have a beer' with anyone -- Soda with lime is just fine -- and I never said that I do not associate with any non-Thais.

I have traveled and worked in Asia for over 20 years and speak/read/write (although not fluently) several Asian languages besides Thai;

I first studied Chinese nearly 40 years ago.

As for the 'outside world' as you call it, if I really miised it I would pack-up and leave ...

But fear not; with a general laissez faire attitude which they have never before encountered, and as per Warren Zevon --

Poor poor pitiful me

Poor poor pitiful me

These young girls won't let me be

Lord have mercy on me

Woe woe is me

This guy sounds like a Thai bargirls wet dream. Like pigs to a slaughter!

Ha ha - what gave you that impression? I've lived in Amsterdam so I know a little about working girls.

I can assure you I won't be taken for a mug. If only you knew me! Thank you for worrying though :D

You lived in Amsterdam and know about working girls, but you are not familiar with the term short time, the bar girls here in Thailand are going to eat you alive