Modify "Honda Pcx": Vario + R-Box

albhol

Been thinking of a T-max but have to stop somewhere, will sell my Suzuki and we will see :)

Me too (and been thinking about your suzuki too !!)..

But at some stage I do have to admit the wife has a point.. Do I really need 4 bikes (I say of course !!)..

miss my Tmax. a lot:P

but its as heavy and bulky as Ninja650R, so elegance 135, pcx or suzuki auto works better for drunk driving

sure you need 4 bikes, but not really two identical, they should be different:D

Been thinking of a T-max but have to stop somewhere, will sell my Suzuki and we will see :)

But at some stage I do have to admit the wife has a point.. Do I really need 4 bikes (I say of course !!)..

but its as heavy and bulky as Ninja650R, so elegance 135, pcx or suzuki auto works better for drunk driving

Sportbike streetfighter

TMax500 for sandals on short haul

KLX250 or DRZ400 with dirt and motard wheels

Scooter with basket for runs to 7/11

Makes perfect sense to me ??? Tho maybe a 2 stroke MTX.. and a stunt bike.. and who doesnt need a ducati ??

Sportbike streetfighter

TMax500 for sandals on short haul

KLX250 or DRZ400 with dirt and motard wheels

Scooter with basket for runs to 7/11

Makes perfect sense to me ??? Tho maybe a 2 stroke MTX.. and a stunt bike.. and who doesnt need a ducati ??

excellent blend

perhaps adding a 1800cc cruiser would complete the picture?

No more on the upgrade?? i will buy a PCX soon and would like a little more acceleration top speed i dont care to much as long i can go 175km/h :o

HD,

I think you have your KM and miles confused.whistling.gif Unless the joke went right over my head.

PCX is rev limited to about 109. In that you are correct but it is KPH. Not mph, which would correctly convert to 175.

VocalNeal

It was a joke, i have seen top speed is around 100-110KM/H top speed is OK but would like more start power, like 0-100KM around the 2.9 second mark. Joke again, wonder how quick it is from 0-60KM/H

I have been reading the posts over the last few weeks, normally just to see judge peoples feelings.

Regarding tuning the PCX;

Previous posts have mentioned modifying the variator. Do not follow the tuning procedure for the ruckus!!! The variator isn't the same! There isn't a lip. Follow the advice of another poster 'scuddy' and have the stops machined out to allow the rollers on the rear to move further up.

As a correction to Scuddy though, the rollers need to be lightened you can replace them with 16gm rollers, the originals are 18gm. the size is 19.5mm

Modifying the variator will increase top speed.

Replacing the rollers will increase acceleration.

No more on the upgrade?? i will buy a PCX soon and would like a little more acceleration top speed i dont care to much as long i can go 175km/h :o

HD,

I think you have your KM and miles confused.whistling.gif Unless the joke went right over my head.

PCX is rev limited to about 109. In that you are correct but it is KPH. Not mph, which would correctly convert to 175.

Surely the other direction ?? 109 kph = 68 ish mph ??

HD,

Surely the other direction ?? 109 kph = 68 ish mph ??

If you read the above again 175kph is 109 mph. PCX is rev limited to 109 kph. So your calculation is correct but so is mine and HD's

Guantanamo Bay is rather nice this time of year, didn't think much to the customer service at the resort though - I found them to be rather rude at times plus the facilities left little to be desired.

On a serious note though. I logged into today for the first time in a while and found quite a few messages.

While in Malaysia I suffered a serious illness and had to be repatriated back to the UK, where i had to endure some lengthy treatment and it has taken some time to recover. Anyway, everything is back to normal now.

Thank you to all those that expressed an interest in the variator mods. There are so many emails that it may take me some time to get through them all individually.

The kits are still available and if you're still interested send me a quick message and i'll reply quicker this time.

Regards,

Scuddy

Guantanamo Bay is rather nice this time of year, didn't think much to the customer service at the resort though - I found them to be rather rude at times plus the facilities left little to be desired.

On a serious note though. I logged into today for the first time in a while and found quite a few messages.

While in Malaysia I suffered a serious illness and had to be repatriated back to the UK, where i had to endure some lengthy treatment and it has taken some time to recover. Anyway, everything is back to normal now.

Thank you to all those that expressed an interest in the variator mods. There are so many emails that it may take me some time to get through them all individually.

The kits are still available and if you're still interested send me a quick message and i'll reply quicker this time.

Regards,

Scuddy

Welcome back Scuddy:)

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a PS150i Honda with the GY6 engine ( Same same as the PCX but different)

Bike/Scooter made by Honda Italy.

I've changed the variator, semi race clutch, clutch bell/drum, 9.5gr rollers, torque spring. This was a "kit" from Malossi. Also changed the belt to a Kevlar belt for peace of mind.

Be careful with the stupified silencer. I'm sure the police will be cracking down on them soon as you annoy the general public.

It all needed to be replaced as the clutch was worn down and glazed over, clutch bell was blued from the heat and variator was slightly warped.

Cost for this was US$650. Installed in 40min's.

Later I changed the std exhaust for a Carbon Fibre Yoshimura system.

This is the best bang for buck mod. Change out the exhaust. Gave more power than the transmission "supporting" mods. This cost me US$400. Had to get the shop to make up a custom silencer as its a racing muffler. The supplied silencer is still too loud.

The current setup is great for getting off the line. 0 - 60kph its a rocket, 40 - 60 its very quick to overtake cars,bikes.

I don't go more than 60kph due to the road conditions and other "idiots" who think they own the road but it gets up to 100kph no problems with a 100kg rider. Airblades, waves, SH150i,125cc PCX, 135 Hyate's, RGV's and Nuovo's get blown away, will be quicker if there was a lighter rider too.

Total US$1050 transmission and muffler supplied and fitted.

Not sure what a R-Box is (Variator as this holds the rollers?)

Putting in lighter rollers or sliders will give you off the line accel but low top speed, Heavier rollers will give you slow off the line accel but you gain possible mid - top end speed and accel (depending on how heavy)

You can also put stronger clutch springs so you need higher RPM before the clutch "bites"

As for changing the default Honda settings what do you mean by that?

You want more torque and top speed, thats going to change Hondas "default settings"

When the clutch bites/friction point, cruising rpm, that will change with changing the rollers.

As my bike is now the cruising rpm is slightly higher, fuel economy is still roughly the same but out on the highway its far nicer and responsive to ride, not to mention the burbles and pops as you come off the throttle

I've got a PS150i Honda with the GY6 engine ( Same same as the PCX but different)

Bike/Scooter made by Honda Italy.

I've changed the variator, semi race clutch, clutch bell/drum, 9.5gr rollers, torque spring. This was a "kit" from Malossi. Also changed the belt to a Kevlar belt for peace of mind.

Be careful with the stupified silencer. I'm sure the police will be cracking down on them soon as you annoy the general public.

It all needed to be replaced as the clutch was worn down and glazed over, clutch bell was blued from the heat and variator was slightly warped.

Cost for this was US$650. Installed in 40min's.

Later I changed the std exhaust for a Carbon Fibre Yoshimura system.

This is the best bang for buck mod. Change out the exhaust. Gave more power than the transmission "supporting" mods. This cost me US$400. Had to get the shop to make up a custom silencer as its a racing muffler. The supplied silencer is still too loud.

The current setup is great for getting off the line. 0 - 60kph its a rocket, 40 - 60 its very quick to overtake cars,bikes.

I don't go more than 60kph due to the road conditions and other "idiots" who think they own the road but it gets up to 100kph no problems with a 100kg rider. Airblades, waves, SH150i,125cc PCX, 135 Hyate's, RGV's and Nuovo's get blown away, will be quicker if there was a lighter rider too.

Total US$1050 transmission and muffler supplied and fitted.

Not sure what a R-Box is (Variator as this holds the rollers?)

Putting in lighter rollers or sliders will give you off the line accel but low top speed, Heavier rollers will give you slow off the line accel but you gain possible mid - top end speed and accel (depending on how heavy)

You can also put stronger clutch springs so you need higher RPM before the clutch "bites"

As for changing the default Honda settings what do you mean by that?

You want more torque and top speed, thats going to change Hondas "default settings"

When the clutch bites/friction point, cruising rpm, that will change with changing the rollers.

As my bike is now the cruising rpm is slightly higher, fuel economy is still roughly the same but out on the highway its far nicer and responsive to ride, not to mention the burbles and pops as you come off the throttle

Be careful with the stupified silencer on your pimp rod. I'm sure the police will be cracking down on them soon as you annoy the general public.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have any experience of the Tsukigi exhaust for PCX. How is the sound, does it look nice is it worth the money, does it improve acceleration etc.

Also i read somewhere on the forum that to change the brown vinyl to black costs 1250B yet when i went into Honda today they quoted 2400B fitted....any ideas or experiences here.....

appreciate any feedback wai.gif