Gifts To Give A Thai Family

barsie

Any suggestion for gifts to give my girlfriends parents?

Normally I take an expensive bottle of whiskey which always is well received. However i'm only flying with hand luggage this time so it's not possible.

When I thought bout it I can't think of anything obvious, anyone found a winner on this front?

Probably not as crazy a question as many TV members would think. First time I was going up-country to meet my BF's parents, I asked HIM what I should give as a gift. The answer: Rice. A bag of rice. It was well received and mamma later thanked me for giving something useful.

Okay - you are travelling light - but you can still get a present when you arrive. Ask your girlfriend to help you pick out a gift.

Peter

Have you thought about just buying the wiskey on the last leg of the flight through the duty free cart ?

Very possible to do that- problem is even though the thai's wouldn't know the difference i'm a whiskey snob. ie if it's not going to be consumed with a mixed I want a top notch scottish whiskey and i'm picky ie Lagavulin, Edrador etc

Have you thought about just buying the wiskey on the last leg of the flight through the duty free cart ?

Very possible to do that- problem is even though the thai's wouldn't know the difference i'm a whiskey snob. ie if it's not going to be consumed with a mixed I want a top notch scottish whiskey and i'm picky ie Lagavulin, Edrador etc

Well if your wife's parents are parents of a homosexual maybe they would like a bag of rice ! LOL

Well im Scottish and last time i took , a bottle of locally made Scotch , Some Haggis , and a couple of terrys chocolate orange , they were fasinated with the haggis and actually quite liked it they even made thier own dish with haggis and chilli , the whiskey was well recieved and we drank it the first night and they asked for the chocolate orange again so they must have liked that ,

Probably good to think of Something they cant get there , but generally im sure they will be just happy to see you :)

Well im Scottish and last time i took , a bottle of locally made Scotch , Some Haggis , and a couple of terrys chocolate orange , they were fasinated with the haggis and actually quite liked it they even made thier own dish with haggis and chilli , the whiskey was well recieved and we drank it the first night and they asked for the chocolate orange again so they must have liked that ,

Probably good to think of Something they cant get there , but generally im sure they will be just happy to see you :)

Chocolate orange- I might try that.

I've taken home grown chilli's before which they liked and there was a lot of jokes about me taking them English chilli.