Little Britain's Thai Girl P**s Take.

markt

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually think that most Thai's would like Little Britain if they could get the cultural references. Its that type of outrageous humour that you get on those Saturday and Sunday morning 'la-korn' shows on Thai TV. This character would be no different.

Yeah, my Thai wife loves it! :o

...especially Daffydth - but that Vicky Pollard needs subtites to understand her. Can't wait to see Ting Tong Macadangdang.

Cheers BaanOz

can't wait for my mates to start taking the p#ss once the show airs.

Yep... that'll be fun :D

totster :D

I'm sure your wife is beautiful and all yer mates are jealous :D

she's pretty ugly for a TG

:o

I know some one might accuse me of being a PC yank, but that name is horrible. :D

I've never heard of that Scottish clan.

I wonder, do they have a tartan? :D

I thought the 'woman' was the other guy in heavy (mask and) makeup...guess we will just have to wait and see.

I'd say it's a pretty fair bet that you're right Zarkow.

The 'TG' is quite clearly Matt Lucas, and David Walliams is the nerdy English sap with the waistcoat and a terrible combover.

I'd say that every stereotype we ever knew about the perceptions of 'take-away' or 'mail-order' brides from the Orient will absolutely have the complete p!ss taken out of them.

:o can't wait!! :D

I actually think that most Thai's would like Little Britain if they could get the cultural references. Its that type of outrageous humour that you get on those Saturday and Sunday morning 'la-korn' shows on Thai TV. This character would be no different.

Yeah, my Thai wife loves it! :D

...especially Daffydth - but that Vicky Pollard needs subtites to understand her. Can't wait to see Ting Tong Macadangdang.

Cheers BaanOz

If you come from the West Country you would be able to understand what is being said :D

It is a very British type of humour, one unfortunately other nations dont always understand. I am not having a dig at other nations just that we British are a very strange bunch. :o

If you come from the West Country you would be able to understand what is being said :D

It is a very British type of humour, one unfortunately other nations dont always understand. I am not having a dig at other nations just that we British are a very strange bunch.  :o

well i think i (and many Thai) understand , sort of ironic, sarcastic..dry humuour

same same but differnt :D:D

Bambi :D

It is a very British type of humour, one unfortunately other nations dont always understand. I am not having a dig at other nations just that we British are a very strange bunch.  :o

well i think i (and many Thai) understand , sort of ironic, sarcastic..dry humuour

same same but differnt :D:D

Bambi :D

You're right BambinA, my ex and her son used to watch British comedy shows - loved them in fact - it just took a little while to get the basic ideas across, then they followed all of it - Amazing!

They even used to watch "Yes Minister" and laugh - and that's very dry...that reminds me - must get a UBC subscription upgrade so I can watch UK TV channel when I get home next week...

He's not talking about the content, he's talking about the strong Bristol accent. I can just about pick it up as i'm Devonian.

The humour in the Vicky Pollard character is all about not accepting responsibility for anything, and blaming others.

He's not talking about the content, he's talking about the strong Bristol accent. I can just about pick it up as i'm  Devonian.

The humour in the Vicky Pollard character is all about not accepting responsibility for anything, and blaming others.

Ahhh glad to see somebody knows what i am talking about, being from Brissel people dont know what im talking bout most of the time. Nothing wrong with me combine arvester :o

I think it's funny. They take the piss out of disabled people, fat people, rich people. the prime minister, celebrities, gay people of both genders, poor people & anyone else they can think of, just cause they are taking the mick out of a thai/ farang couple shouldn't make it any worse than any of the others & it will, no doubt, be taken in the same way as all the other characters, as a laugh & a funny peice of exagerated observational humour.

We brits are able to laugh at ourselves & IMHO it's one of the best traits of our nation.

I think it's funny. They take the piss out of disabled people, fat people, rich people. the prime minister, celebrities, gay people of both genders, poor people & anyone else they can think of, just cause they are taking the mick out of a thai/ farang couple shouldn't make it any worse than any of the others & it will, no doubt, be taken in the same way as all the other characters, as a laugh & a funny peice of exagerated observational humour.

We brits are able to laugh at ourselves & IMHO it's one of the best traits of our nation.

Well said Boo :o

I don't know how anyone could not like Brit humour. I grew up watching the Python boys lite nights here in the states and to this day think they are funnier than Saturday Night Live ever was.

Does anyone know if this show will be on BBC America?

Am I the only person that thinks Little Britain is sh*t? :D

There are a few amusing sketches such as the ‘yeah but, no but’ girl and the guy who fancied his mates granny, but mostly it’s characters with one joke over and over. A guy in a wheelchair says he wants to go to Helsinki for his holiday then changes his mind after they set off etc, etc. A bloke who wants to be ‘A Lady’! I don’t think it should be mentioned in the same room as Python, or even ‘The Fast Show’ come to that. Hardly a good representation of British comedy to be aired on STAR in a foreign country. I guess it’s in good company with the likes of ‘The Kumars’ and ‘French and Saunders’. The cream of British comedy, I don’t think! :o

Am I the only person that thinks Little Britain is sh*t?  :D

I thought I was the only one who thought the same. :D

Only saw two episodes back to back and didn't think much of them.

The wheelchair guy who always wants something then changes his mind when he's got it is a complete of BBC license payers money. The sketch wasn't funny the first time so why should variations of the same sketch be any funnier? :o