Extend Stay In Bangkok Need Visa Help?

how much is a visa? where do i get one? how long is the visa valid for? how long will it take to issue me? and how complicated is the visa system...

im in bangkok want to stay for another 2months recovering from surgery need a visa? granted from bangkok any help guys

Your Doctor and Hospital can take care of this with immigration. For medical emergencies such as yours after notifying immigration you will be allowed to stay. I'm sure somebody else will be along if not get withe your hospital and doctor tomorrow and start the process.

If illness is a barrier to travelling, you may be able to obtain a temporary extension of stay from immigration. Many big private hospitals have people who deal with this. Ask them. Fee for extension of stay is 1,900 baht and is normally issued whilst waiting with correct paperwork. In Bkk the extension of stay would be obtained from the immigration office at Chaeng Wattana.

Police Order 777/2551

2.25 In the case of medical treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient:

Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling.

(2) In the case of looking after a patient, confirmation and request has been made by the physician responsible for the treatment or by an embassy or consulate.

(3) Patient Carer, except parents, spouse, children, adopted children or children of spouse, shall be granted no more than 1 extra person.

If you are a patient with a major hospital, contact them and see if they can help you. Most of them have good liaisons with immigration. if not, a tourist visa from Vientiane, Laos, would be the right solution.

cant i go to a embassy in bangkok or something and get one do i have to travel

No, you have to do this on your own. If you qualify for a visa extension or change, then you can do it at immigration. For example, I know somebody who switched from a tourist visa to a student visa without leaving Thailand. I know the overall idea is that it can't be done, but it's possible, because I know at least one person who did it. Unless you've exhausted your extensions already, you should be able to get a 30-day extension by paying 1,900 baht. If you want to stay for 2 months, you can pay for the 1-month extension now and then leave the country and get a new visa for the extra month.