Another Po Mail Boo Boo

Sent a music CD to a chum of mine working in the West Indies.

Mailed out from Mae Nam PO on 31st July.

Amazingly re-delivered back to me again by Mae Nam post office on 6th September.

Take a look at the handwriting on the bottom (obviously "West Indies" is confusing if you work in a post office)

And then take a look at the rubber stamp on the top!

(I've removed the guy's name from the address .....)

post-4665-007369000 1283749535_thumb.jpg

CLICK TO SEE.....

I'm amazed that anyone in Mae Nam post office had the cajones to bother returning it to me!

No wonder the fat boy is grinning!

Anyone else out there had anything similar?

(I'm gonna frame this!)

Rob

I think it had better be the "Caribbean" Islands, don't you? Anyway, that was the mailing address from both the hotel's letterheaded paper and website!

My Little Kitty underwear is funky - except for the gummy band around the top. It's also quite tricky forcing your legs down and through the bottom corners. And anyway, what has a paper bag sold to me by the local post office got to do with underwear designs?

R

St. Lucia, is it's own country....

I would have just used that.. The "West Indies" part probably through them off! "Caribbean Islands" would probably not help either!

They have a list of countries on a sheet, the older guy in Maenam post office (with glasses) is usually good at checking the list ... to make sure, just a question of asking them to check. ... I find them quite helpful in there.

Seems to me when I sent something to Bangladesh recently, he put that in Thai, or used a PO number code.... it did get there.

Perhaps try again! ;)

Gotta agree, there is no country named West Indies and if you had written

ST LUCIA on the bottom of the envelope it probably would have gotten delivered.

but the choo choo train was a nice idea ;)

Hmmm ..... I'm sure that had something to do with it. Maybe I should have drawn little aeroplanes ...

Thanks for the info guys - I was going on the web address and letterhead from the hotel. I didn't realise St Lucia was a country ... and I always thought that the West Indies was an island group with Jamaica and St Lucia and stuff (although not a country itself - at least everyone would know it was south, not north of Thailand and no connection with India...) LOL!

Yup, youre right, those postal guys are total idiots for not realizing that West Indies (which is not the name of a country by the way and not used in any standardized postal system) is St Lucia where he wanted his mail to go.

guide to addressing letters for future reference ;)

post-4641-050915000 1283852500_thumb.jpg

• Like 1