Finding An Adapter

goodguy

I have been trying to find a retailer online in Thailand for a:

20 to 24 Pin ATX Power Supply Adapter Cable ? Key Features: Use this adapter to use your 20-Pin ATX power supply with a motherboard that only allow for a 24-Pin ATX power supply.

Is there anyone in Thailand knows where exactly? I have seen just one but surely there must be more.

I have checked all the links from this forum, are there more?

Quite often the power supply's with 20 pin are not up to the job for a MB with 24 pin socket. New power supply's are not expensive.

Thanks Gary I realize that, but I am trying to make modifier for a Powermac and it only needs to be a 350 Watt. I will be chopping off the 24 Pin end to solder the 24 Pin Apple Power Plug.

Quite often the power supply's with 20 pin are not up to the job for a MB with 24 pin socket. New power supply's are not expensive.

Thanks Gary I realize that, but I am trying to make modifier for a Powermac and it only needs to be a 350 Watt. I will be chopping off the 24 Pin end to solder the 24 Pin Apple Power Plug.

Perhaps this will help.

I have what you are looking for, and looking at it closely all it does it take an additional cable from the following pins orange 2 to 12, black 19 to 24, yellow 10 to 11, and red 22 to 23, (that is using the diagram on the link that garyh posted). Could you not take the 20 pin head off the power supply and soldier the wires to your 24 Pin Apple Power Plug, using the 4 additional wires looped from 2 to 12 etc. Just a thought.

I have what you are looking for, and looking at it closely all it does it take an additional cable from the following pins orange 2 to 12, black 19 to 24, yellow 10 to 11, and red 22 to 23, (that is using the diagram on the link that garyh posted). Could you not take the 20 pin head off the power supply and soldier the wires to your 24 Pin Apple Power Plug, using the 4 additional wires looped from 2 to 12 etc. Just a thought.

Good thought. There is always plenty of room for improvement. Yes the soldering the PSU's wires is always a last resort though is not very useful next time around. If I could just get an ATX Female 20 or 24 Pin Connector plus the molex crimp/solder pins, then I would go that route.

I think I saw some 24 Pin ATX Extensions last night on the TKCom site. I really only need the Female end though.