If You Were Forced To Give Up Rice Or Noodles For Your Asian Food?

Jingthing

No substituting pasta for noodles, that's cheating  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Supposing there was a really sadistic God and starting today, you had to PERMANENTLY give up either rice or noodles to eat with your Asian food (all Asian, Thai included).

Which would you choose to give up for LIFE?

This would be a very hard choice for me. My home cooking is largely Asian and widely used NOODLES. However, when eating out for Asian food, I almost always require RICE. I chose that I would give up noodles because I cook adapt my home cooking to use rice instead of noodles easier than I could deal with the problem of eating Asian food out without rice.

Which would you choose? Why? Would it be a hard choice for you, or easy?

Remember. No cheating! Under the rules of the sadistic deity you CANNOT substitute pasta for Asian noodles.

Edited by Jingthing

Noodles - when I need a fix I will just make some spaghetti.

Yes of course but under the rules you can't use the spaghetti in an Asian style dish.

I don't want to use spag in an asian dish, that's my point. For asian, i will give up the egg noodles etc and make up for it by having italian inspired noodles dishes made from semolina. Problem solved. Feel like a nice rissoto now - rice and italian!

OK, fine. One of the Asian dishes I cook is a Sechuan style chicken salad for which I do use fettuccine for the noodles instead of Asian noodles. It works very well. Under this mad rice/noodle God there is no way I could do that dish again, at home or in a restaurant.

Edited by Jingthing

I love noodles, but I could not live without rice....

Me too! This is really a hard choice for many of us, and I ain't talking al dente!

I could give up rice for potato's but we are in Thailand so give me the rice.:D

I don't think many people would be able to substitute potatoes for rice for their ASIAN food dishes.

Hey, waiter, give me the pad krapow moo on a bed of mashed potatoes!

Edited by Jingthing

I love noodles, but I could not live without rice....

Me too! This is really a hard choice for many of us, and I ain't talking al dente!

I could give up rice for potato's but we are in Thailand so give me the rice.:D

I don't think many people would be able to substitute potatoes for rice for their ASIAN food dishes.

Hey, waiter, give me the pad krapow moo on a bed of mashed potatoes!

:cheesy: