The View Outside My Window

sillyman99

View_to_AllSeasons_FRAMED.jpg

what ahorrible view. no trees or flowers just glass and concrete. get your ass to chiang mai for a room with a view.

Not in February ,March or April you can not see your hand in front of you.:bah::lol:

Have to disagree that view is awesome! imo

Thank you. I didn't rise to Mr Novembers comments. I had enough of mountains and grass for the first 38 yrs of my life. I get a buzz out of this view every time I see it. I also see the city that is providing me with more contentment and a better standard of living and quality of life than I ever had being surrounded by bloody mountains and grass. AND...my new hobby of photography excites me too! Pleased you like it.

Edited by Norcan

Beautiful picture. Bangkok?

One of mine is from my studio in Bangkok, and the other is from my room in Hua Hin. Sorry, the one from Hau Hin didn't seem to want to load.

Thank you. I am getting used to my new Canon 500D. It is a view from the roof of my building looking west towards All Seasons Place.

EDIT: Got my compass points 180 degrees wrong.

Edited by Norcan

Very nice Bill, unlike many posters on this forum you actually seem quite content.

Never see you whining and complaining, maybe you should pass it on. smile.gif

Thank you for that.

Maybe it where I live or the fact that I am 66 and retired.

When I quit working last year I decided to relax and let the world go by.

I have a good wife, a lovely son who is the apple of my eye and a nice place to live out in countryside.

When I wake up in the morning it is a good day because I woke up alive and reasonably fit and I just look for the good things from there and there are a lot of them for everyone. :D

I've got two views. I live in Chiang Mai for half the year and Vancouver Island in Canada for the other half. This is my view from Vancouver Island...

Maple_Bay_Mt_Maxwell.jpg

And these are some of my back yard visitors...

Back_yard_buck_3.jpg

Cougar_5.sized.jpg

And in Chiang Mai I stay in the corner room of a Thai hotel where there is a pond out back...

Apt_view_1.jpg

Sunrise_003.jpg

My visitors are of the two legged variety. :rolleyes:

post-3474-073081100 1284213752_thumb.jpg

the view out my terrace window in scenic Ky Anh, Ha Tinh province in north central VN...sometimes it's cluttered with cattle and water buffalo and herding ladies in cone hats and pyjamas...

I lived earlier in a 3 star hotel an hour's drive away but they didn't like my microwave and fridge and grumbled about giving me the toss...I screamed 'you defame your country and Ho Chi Minh!' then piled into a truck with me goods and headed south...to live with the people in rural VN...whom I gots t'serve...

dare to struggle, dare to win... :angry:

(then the reception guy came up to me room with a pretext and said 'you want beautiful lady?'...he spoiled it all... :( )

Edited by tutsiwarrior

I would be so depressed waking up to nothing but glass and concrete each day. Not a tree or flower in sight. Like the others said, if you want a real view, come to Chiang Mai.

i used to live in chiang mai. i grew tired of waking up to find buffaloes grazing in my backyard... i prefer the concrete jungle to the real one. of course, that's just me....

Down/up on the farm,from bedroom ,afternoon facing east..about 100k southpost-36430-096986300 1283776086_thumb.jp of Krabi ..middle of nowhere.

Off our patio, facing south......Bangkok is in the distance, about 564km away

Great views! I would prefer a view of distant hills or the sea...but that didn't work out for me this time....maybe next. Here's my view from near the Ambassador Hotel in Ban Amphur:

post-5869-020306700 1284347492_thumb.jpg

post-5869-076922300 1284347512_thumb.jpg