Classifieds 2011 Ducati 1198 @ 719,000 Baht..Yeah Right

Garry

I found a very strange classified add on the Thai Visa website. It would seem very odd that this person can import an 2010 1198 Ducati or any 1198 Ducati for Baht 719,000.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/396249-new-2010-ducati-1198/

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/new-2010-ducati-1198-66175.html

imgTNOar8.jpg

The Ferrari under the bikes 170 hp state of the art supersport Duc for a mega price

Deliver time ca 1 month importtax payed with int. warranty in a factory shipping, sealed, woodbox. Price in Thailand 1.200.000,-- thb promotion only 2 month for 720.000,-- thb contact Tony.ask for other models as well.

I gather the Green book will cost anoth 500,000 baht... :ermm:

Hi Garry, I've already been in contact with this guy as he said he could import a new, fully legal DRZ400SM or Yamaha WR250x for 139,000baht, thought it was too good to be true and I think it was. Sounded very dodgy when I spoke to him and couldn't answer any of my questions properly.

Scam it looks like , the good thing is ....he posted his name , mobile nr and location...hope someone is checking this out before someone is getting scammed.

Richard , i saw he was also posting on your forum...but can't find his post anymore i recall he also added an email address on that post had a german extension in the end (.de), or am i mistaken?

Would be interesting to see what Ducati Thailand has to say about this.

mbox

Scam it looks like , the good thing is ....he posted his name , mobile nr and location...hope someone is checking this out before someone is getting scammed.

Richard , i saw he was also posting on your forum...but can't find his post anymore i recall he also added an email address on that post had a german extension in the end (.de), or am i mistaken?

mbox

We already deleted the posting from our forum. Here is his posting in pictures format... He uses a 1-2-call connection to connect to the internet...

post-12170-027455300 1283834281_thumb.jp

Edited by Richard-BKK

mbox

We already deleted the posting from our forum. Here is his posting in pictures format... He uses a 1-2-call connection to connect to the internet...

Well, due to currency exchange there are bikes and cars to be purchased cheap. But since this is LOS, it takes importlicense, tests and stuff to get it legal here. If Thomas reads this, I want to order the Ducati at 719k baht, I will issue a cashier check in his name when ordering and hand it to him when bike is delivered to me with legal green book. Deal?:)

mbox

Well, due to currency exchange there are bikes and cars to be purchased cheap. But since this is LOS, it takes importlicense, tests and stuff to get it legal here. If Thomas reads this, I want to order the Ducati at 719k baht, I will issue a cashier check in his name when ordering and hand it to him when bike is delivered to me with legal green book. Deal?:)

Good idea although he told me 50% cash transfer to his bank when ordering the bike and then the other 50% to be paid when you pick up the bike from his 'beer & wine' shop :whistling:

mbox

Even if you import the Ducati from the cheapest location on the planet, you still need to pay 187,47% import duty and taxes... So impossible that I can say without any doubt that its scam.

If you transfer the 719,000 Baht to me, you also loose it - but at least I let you ride a few rounds on a Ducati 1198S on my parking lot and offer you a few beers and a dinner... :D :D :D :D

Edited by Richard-BKK

mbox

I already passed the info onto Ducati Thonglor, to give them a heads up.

Hi Garry, I've already been in contact with this guy as he said he could import a new, fully legal DRZ400SM or Yamaha WR250x for 139,000baht, thought it was too good to be true and I think it was. Sounded very dodgy when I spoke to him and couldn't answer any of my questions properly.

Yes mate, SBK (Admin) was in contact with me as well about it. User name 'System' and 57,000+ posts. Alarm bells ringing everywhere, sounded as dodgy as a 3 pound note :D

Edited by Garry

More bikes at unbelievably cheap prices, also from Sisaket. Same guy?

http://classifieds.t...-out-66747.html

Yes, same scam...same location , almost the same name ( he changed it from thomas to tony ) and also same mobile nr.

mbox

PS: At least he tells now that he can't make the green book...

the new ads are more clear, stating green book (and probably excice tax) is buyers responsibility, so basicly its bike with 80% importduty. But then you cant compare 719 k Ducati with LOS price 1,2 million baht. 719 k bike needs 300k baht taxes, 80 k emmision etc before road legal, if everB)

Edited by katabeachbum

More bikes at unbelievably cheap prices, also from Sisaket. Same guy?

Yes, same scam...same location , almost the same name ( he changed it from thomas to tony ) and also same mobile nr.

mbox

PS: At least he tells now that he can't make the green book...

the new ads are more clear, stating green book (and probably excice tax) is buyers responsibility, so basicly its bike with 80% importduty. But then you cant compare 719 k Ducati with LOS price 1,2 million baht. 719 k bike needs 300k baht taxes, 80 k emmision etc before road legal, if everB)

OK, so it may not be a scam then. If anyone actually buys a bike from this guy can you please tell us how it went and what import duty is paid.

Seems to me like the adds keep morphing with more clarification (probably after the guy reading this thread) on what you can or can't get. Including import tax? interesting to see how the warranrty will be honored in Thailand.

Kawasaki zx10r, suzuki gsxr 1000, yamaha r1, hondqa cbr100rr bmw s1000rr brand new stock sell out direct import from japan 3 years warranty incl. importtax, self apply for green book, for more info call

Edited by Garry

from [email protected]

to [email protected]

date 13 September 2010 13:20

subject Re: Bikes

Hi,

Everybody is more than welcome to visit us in sisaket there you can see our products we have more than 500 diff bikes and aty´s and we import and export in nearly every country i dont have time for this online bla bla there are customers they want to ride a bike and there are people they like to talk in the net. Best regarts Tony´s

Response via email

There was a scammer who posted a Honda 1300 Fury in Malaysia. him pretending to be in Cyprus and the shipping company is not in the yellow pages. Often, they fabricate some website and the more convoluted this get, the easier to spot it is. Seller: wants money, has no bike to show or is just calling or e-mailing.

Gimme 1 million Baht and I promise an immaculate Honda NR 750 :---).

GMail or Hotmail & Co of the future may display info about the IP address and its location. Better safe than sorry, guys!

Chris

from [email protected]

to [email protected]

Hi,

Everybody is more than welcome to visit us in sisaket there you can see our products we have more than 500 diff bikes and aty´s and we import and export in nearly every country i dont have time for this online bla bla there are customers they want to ride a bike and there are people they like to talk in the net. Best regarts Tony´s

Response via email

Very different story to when I spoke to him just a couple of weeks ago! He said he had not actually imported any bikes yet and was in the process of importing the first one, a KLX450, and was surprised when I told him that bike is actually made in Thailand!

He said he wouldn't import any until he had a 50% payment on each bike, the other 50% to be paid when the bike is collected. If anyone lives in Sisaket could you drop by and take a few pics of the 500+ different bikes he says he has.

Edited by skybluestu

from [email protected]

to [email protected]

Hi,

Response via email

Very different story to when I spoke to him just a couple of weeks ago! He said he had not actually imported any bikes yet and was in the process of importing the first one, a KLX450, and was surprised when I told him that bike is actually made in Thailand!

He said he wouldn't import any until he had a 50% payment on each bike, the other 50% to be paid when the bike is collected. If anyone lives in Sisaket could you drop by and take a few pics of the 500+ different bikes he says he has.

Had similar thoughts myself Stu

Seems to me like the adds keep morphing with more clarification (probably after the guy reading this thread) on what you can or can't get. Including import tax? interesting to see how the warranrty will be honored in Thailand.

Kawasaki zx10r, suzuki gsxr 1000, yamaha r1, hondqa cbr100rr bmw s1000rr brand new stock sell out direct import from japan 3 years warranty incl. importtax, self apply for green book, for more info call

I have been doing grey import/exprot cars/trucks for more than a decade, and ALL manufactorers void warranty when exported from country of new sales. This can be tricked by register vehcle in original country of sales before exporting, but they also want authorised servicepartner to INSPECT vehicle in country of original sale or a country you could possibly be on a trip to.

No warranty on these bikes in LOS I assume.

In the LOS car business, grey imports (like Lexus, BMW and Benz) are not honored on warranty claims by authorised dealers/servicepartners, and spareparts are sold with 2 prices, inexpensive for authorised imports, bl-ddy expensive for grey imports.