Shaking Coconuts

chantaal

I do. Then I can tell if they are full or not. I personally prefer the cooked mature coconuts, I like the flavor because I think they are sweeter, and have thicker meat. I like to have them for dessert, blended with Droste cocoa powder, some vanilla, and stevia.

Tonight I went to purchase some from the place on the street where I buy from, because they are small and very sweet. The lady always seems to be unhappy to sell them to me. Tonight I was selecting some-- shaking to see if they felt heavy, and the lady yelled (she wasn't standing right next to me, and it Is a noisy street) "No shake! You shake, you buy!"

So I tossed the two I had cradled in my arm back with the others and walked away.

I can get them from Tesco or Tops or Foodland, etc., and not get yelled at for choosing.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Wow, all the Thai people I know shake the coconuts to see if they are ripe. But if they are drinking coconuts then maybe she is afraid the soft coconut flesh will be damaged? but no, I never heard of anyone objecting before. Maybe she thought you were just playing and had no plans to buy?

• 2 weeks later...