Advice Asked On Looking For A Job In Thailand

@Soutpeel... Yes, I can understand that it will be very difficult to find something in Thailand to. I personally think that not having working experience in my field of study will have negative results in my search within Thailand. Therefore as you can see I am still contemplaining. English teaching is out of the question I think. I want to do something for which I studied (I studied International Business and Languages). Still however, I worked in Thailand for over a year on two internships allready.

@ meom...well, I visited EVERY employment agency over here (i.e. Manpower, Randstad, Tempoteam, Start and even more) and they do not have anything suitable.

Furthermore they are even AFRAID to give you lower work, since they think you will leave as soon as you find something that is more in the line of your study. That feds me up. In this manner you can also not apply for simple jobs just to receive some kind of income.

If telling them what you studied works against you then why tell them?

Why not say you dropped out of high school, traveled the world, came back and need a job, any job that is?

Anyway hopefully something will come along so best of luck.

If telling them what you studied works against you then why tell them?

Why not say you dropped out of high school, traveled the world, came back and need a job, any job that is?

Anyway hopefully something will come along so best of luck.

This is a common sense response, something the OP seems to lack having read the entire thread. Hey congrats on getting your Bachelor's Degree, but without common sense to go with it whats the use?

Good luck by the way.

I came to Thailand as a volunteer in 1995- stayed 2 years - salary almost nothing but i had a great time. I then left in 1997 determined to come back to thailand but in an expat post. It took me 11 years to finally get an expat post in a multi national in Bangkok (i came back here last year and am still here now).

This is how i did it.

Basically i joined a multinational company in new york worked there for a few years with them then worked in their offices in less desirable countries (one was in africa for example). When ever the company had a vacancy in Bangkok i would apply and then interview for it ( even if you work for a multinat. company in your home land and a vacancy comes up in Thailand with your company, given that half the men in your company will also want that job most multi nationals will have an internal interview/competition for the post). During my 11 years with the company i interviewed SIX times for jobs in Thailand- i was only successful on my 6 th time and i moved here last year.

so when people advise 'just join a big company in your home land and get transferred to thailand' its a lot lot harder than you think- as i said, given the competition, a big company is going to end up sending very experienced middle/senior managers only to their expat jobs in Thailand.

So my advice- join a big multinational comopany in europe, work there 8-12 years and then if you are lucky you might be able to get transferred to Thailand- and if you do it will be a full expat package, which is very nice as you know.

I worked in Thailand for over a year on two internships allready.

And here may be the answer to your question, if you cant get back to Thailand with a company you did an internship with, then doesnt bode well for you.

My advice get yourself sorted out in your own country for a few years and get some solid experience and then look overseas