THAI Flight Lands Safely In Los Angeles Following Bomb Threat

webfact

Bad grammar--Well that means it could have been a Thai person or an American!

I hope they catch the person responsible for this. Very inconvenient for a lot of people.

I am glad, however, that it was a message and not a real bomb.

Interesting comment - 'Bad grammar--Well that means it could have been a Thai person or an American!"

To be grammatically correct, your next sentence should read 'I hope that they catch the person responsible'.

FYI, I am an American. Where are you from?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there really are some <deleted> in the world - this idiot could face 5 years in prison for this shit

Should be 20 years they get...travelling used to be fun....now it is almost fear....oh how the world has changed.... hope the FBI will get the culprit and then give him/her a nice bit of water sports....ie water boarding

Travelling is as much fun as it has always been. I don't see what you have to be fearful of. Travelling by plane is one of the safest forms of transport. More people kill themselves through the food they eat. Try to keep things in perspective.

Interesting comment - 'Bad grammar--Well that means it could have been a Thai person or an American!"

To be grammatically correct, your next sentence should read 'I hope that they catch the person responsible'.

Should it not have read 'I do trust they catch the blighters responsible old chap'

I hope they catch the person responsible for this. Very inconvenient for a lot of people.

Welcome to Thaivisa, land of the free (potshot).

I already posted about this once. It was removed. I have PM'd the moderator, but I am quickly finding out that "the juice ain't worth the squeeze".

Sateev, American grammarian

You don't need to add 'that' - I hope they catch the person responsible will suffice.

Edited by ukfool

I already posted about this once. It was removed. I have PM'd the moderator, but I am quickly finding out that "the juice ain't worth the squeeze".

You were the one who threw down the gauntlet.

Edited by venturalaw

You don't need to add 'that' - I hope they catch the person responsible will suffice.

What suffices, and what is good grammar are not the same thing.

As an example, your signature, "There's always one, isn't there." suffices, but to be correct, it should end with a question mark: "There's always one, isn't there?"

OK? Wanna play some more?

Any such message should just be wiped off by whomsoever reads it first; It can only be a lousy prank,Airlines are not being sensible. The world is full of two-neuron people trying to convince themselves they're important, some of them with jobs of responsibility.

By putting this on CNN very soon you have 100 more cases like this. Some want to get attention at any price. Crazy but true.

• Like 1

“An investigation to identify the person/s responsible for making the threat is continuing."

I like the ‘/s’ - what were the ‘persons’ doing? So bored they had to write messages?

Pencil or lipstick could be traced but I guess it’s too late now. Hand writing samples – no chance; height might eliminate some; bad grammar, give them all a test?

I don’t know how I would investigate - but if there was CCTV in the passenger cabins it might solve this one and a maybe lot of other things. Especially if it were visible in a few places on the plane and maybe transmitted when requested by crew.

My apology Sateev - my comment about the gauntlet was not meant for you.

...or a British person under 50.

Unlikely going to Los Angeles,

could have been any Nationality,

so whats your Point?

The point is that no opportunity for a cheap shot at Americans shall be passed up on this forum, and now, mods are not just letting such cheap shots continue, they are making them as well...

I normally have a thick skin about such things, at least when the wackier members spout off. But there are participants who should know better than to, well, participate!

Sateev

• Like 1

But seriously, do people that attempt to blow up planes/buildings etc leave a warning first?

the IRA used to give warnings....

(sorry I didn't copy the names !)

What use is a warning in a flying plane ? are people expected to jump by the windows with the vomit -bag as a parachute?

In some cases in will result in the plane landing, depending on its course ; but if it is written while flying, NO passenger wants to be de-routed and delayed, it obviously is a prank (as opposed to a phone call for instance).

Unlikely going to Los Angeles,

could have been any Nationality,

so whats your Point?

The point is that no opportunity for a cheap shot at Americans shall be passed up on this forum, and now, mods are not just letting such cheap shots continue, they are making them as well...

I normally have a thick skin about such things, at least when the wackier members spout off. But there are participants who should know better than to, well, participate!

Sateev

Count yourself lucky that I, as a genuine Dutch uncle, haven't put in my 2 cents yet about this strange language called English.

BOMB THREAT

No bomb found on THAI aircraft : FBI

By Agencies

A bomb squad found no evidence of an explosive or bomb on board a Thai passenger plane which received written terror threats, the FBI said early Wednesday.

Thai Airways Flight 794 landed at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) Tuesday night after written threats which said there was a bomb on board were found in a lavatory, according to the FBI.

The flight from Bangkok landed at LAX at 8:45 p.m. and was taken to a remote part of the airport, said Laura Eimiller of FBI.

About 200 passengers and crew were taken off the plane and were interviewed, Eimiller said.

All baggage has been X-rayed and most of the passenger and cargo areas inside the aircraft have been inspected, but no evidence of an explosive or bomb was found, Eimiller said.

Law enforcement and airport officials were notified at 7:15 p.m. of an alleged threat on board the aircraft, which was scheduled to land at 8:44 p.m., said Sgt. Belinda Nettles of LAX Police Department.

Eighteen fire trucks and fire engines were placed on standby at the airport where the aircraft was expected to land, said Devin Gales of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

An investigation was underway to ascertain the person or group responsible for making the threat, Nettles said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-09-08

Imagine you're on a visa run to Malaysia by train, and you see such message in the toilets ; you tell the ticket collector, he'll wipe it clean ; you tell the tamrouat on duty, he'll wipe it clean, possibly with your shirt (bad mood when Singha's empty).

My guess .

Thai plane clear to leave US after 'bomb hoax': airline

BANGKOK, September 8, 2010 (AFP) -- A Thai Airways plane was cleared Wednesday to leave Los Angeles airport and return to Bangkok following a bomb hoax on a flight carrying nearly 200 people, the airline said.

The threat sparked a security alert in the US, which is particularly tense in the days before the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The aircraft "that landed safely following a bomb hoax at Los Angeles International Airport has been released by US federal authorities for its return flight to Bangkok", Thai Airways said in a statement.

It said the departure of flight TG795 would be delayed by two hours following the US investigation, which included a bomb squad search of the aircraft in a remote part of the airport.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had earlier said no credible threat was found on board the plane after a written threat saying there was a bomb on board was found in a lavatory.

Eighteen fire trucks and fire engines were placed on standby at the airport before the plane landed, according to the Los Angeles Fire Department.

The FBI said passengers and crew were interviewed after the flight touched down on Tuesday evening.

Thai Airways said 189 people -- 171 passengers and 18 crew -- were aboard the affected flight, clarifying a previous statement.

The incident comes amid heightened security ahead of the ninth anniversary on Saturday of the September 11, 2001 attacks on the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon on Washington.

afplogo.jpg

-- (c) Copyright AFP 2010-09-08

Possibly a Red Shirt traveller being 'smart'. No wonder they are referred to as Kwai Daeng - Red Buffaloes. But let's hope the FBI gets some footage and nails the fool - as I wouldn't think this will be taken lightly in the US.

What evidence is there that this treat was anything to do with Thailand?

Maybe the PM's office can send someone over and try to get a connecting statement from the suspects and claim it was Mr. Thaksin. Thaksin was somewhere on the planet during this flight and that's real damming evidence to start with right there. :rolleyes:

Really - we all know only the elite can afford to buy a ticket on Thai - Kwai Daeng fly Eva on standby with the rest of us. :jap:

I am going with the Gamma radiation as the cause, lawyers need work too. :whistling:

Were their any righters from The Nation on that plain? :)

The Nation uses bad grammar you just cant spell eh. "plane"