Kanchanaburi Golf

daithi

Looking to relax in Kanchanaburi next month for a few days. Can anyone please recommend somewhere near Kanchanaburi town to play a round or two. not too expensive as I am pretty crap, so somewhere I can possibly get a lesson as well. I would also need to hire left handed clubs.

Things were going very smoothly there until you mentioned left-handed clubs.

Now I can;t say for certain about Kanchanaburi golf courses, but I, a left-hander, have visited at least ten driving ranges and three golf courses in Bangkok and asked for a single left handed club - just a five iron would do, and was told that they didn't have any. They had literally hundreds of right-handed clubs, but no lefts - not a single one. The same goes for most golfing equipment shops - only one of several visited had a full set of left-handed clubs, and of course, very limited selection of putters, if any. Most said they could special order them. So it appears that a majority of golf facilities in Bangkok at least have decided that the money of 7-10% of the population (according to Wikipedia) is of no use to them. Perhaps you'll get lucky. It is just possible that the more touristed golf courses outside of Bangkok may provide them assuming receiving requests for them in the past - since a lot of people don't bring their clubs on holiday.

Good luck.

Oh yes, and Blue Sapphire is a lovely course and the green fees vary form about 400-700, the latter figure on weekends. I don't know if they have leftie clubs, as the time I went, I had managed to borrow a set from a foreigner friend, so call ahead.

• 3 weeks later...