Body Mix Up, R I P William John Young

BOBBYTIN

william john young,my friend of 20 years died on friday, love him or hate him bill was a character out of ao chalong,a great marine engineer,if he was not on the tipple.after all the paperwork was done and with help from the british embassy bill was ready to be handed over to us for the temple and cremation,on arrival at the mortuary at vachira,there was an occupied gurney in the reception area,as thais sat around chatting,a man came out and said bill young ,yep thats him.he was out in front covered in a blanket,just his feet showing,for all to see.They pulled back the sheet like a scene from tommy cooper without the dadarrrr.i was shocked to see my old friend looking so bad,even for a dead bloke he looked unrecognizable.the guy gave us Bills belongings,they were not his,they said they would find his later,anyway loaded him into the coffin as the staff had left,whisked him to the temple and on arrival of with the lid for the photo shoot,all gathered round,and people were also shocked at the haggard state of our mate,he had a hospital bracelet on,the thai family took it off it said,name unknown,age aprox 35yrs the hands on the fella in the box wernt bills marine engineer hands,he could never get em clean,these were small hands,one old fella said thats what happens when you die.oh stop being silly was what was said,on with the lid,proceed, by now monks chanting,word has shot around,its not bill,ok,stop the show lets stop this once and for all,a phone call arrived ,hello,this is vachira hospital,you have the wrong body,erm,can you bring it back and swap it for your man Bill,anger,rage,hysterical laughter from all the farangs,Bill would have said,im not surprised,are you,no we were not,loads john doe onto the truck,monks reminding us they have chanted once,have to pay again for Bill,back to vachira,sorry sorry all the expected passing off the hot potato,off loaded john,in goes bill,and today he was cremated,this is a trimmed down version of events.yottys and mates imagining bills language,made a sad time of my life easier,the sad point is this,the john doe who they gave us,who is this guy,where from,someones son,brother husband,is in a fridge in phuket,the most undignified end for him and his life,someone,must know,where he is from,is there a room no one has checked out of,vachira messed up, fine,but let someone find this guys family and lay him to rest,lets pool resources ,embassies must be looking for someone.comment,slag us off,do what your are gonna do,fine.but this is not right.he has to be taken care of.

• Like 1

Wow. I guess it's true what they say about Thai's think all farang look alike.

Only in Thailand.

No, not only in Thailand. This kind of thing happens regularly in every country in the world. Why is it always the comment about everything bad that happens here that it's Thailand or Thai people and not just human error. Having spent at least two months on the ground in over two dozen countries,. I would love to know which paradise you come from where people don't make mistakes.

Edited by MrE
  • Like 1

why no capital letters? Why not paragraph.

I originally didnt get the joke, anger or even surprise of this story......it just read on like reading some mundane daily chores.

cant wait to write a story about your sad demise,i will be sure to take more care,kretin

I originally didnt get the joke, anger or even surprise of this story......it just read on like reading some mundane daily chores.

The thread is not about grammar, but as you are on that subject check your grammar out.

why no capital letters? - Missing capital.

I originally didnt get the joke, - didn't as in did not.

Let us hope that the poor chap returned is soon claimed.

The thread is not about grammar, but as you are on that subject check your grammar out.

why no capital letters? - Missing capital.

I originally didnt get the joke, - didn't as in did not.

Let us hope that the poor chap returns is soon claimed.

I know. It is intentional.

*cough*......Let us hope that the poor chap's remains is claimed soon.

Edited by viciouskitty74

cant wait to write a story about your sad demise,i will be sure to take more care,kretin

Mine should be simple: Die. Throw body on street. Collected, cremeted and dump/pollute the river/sea with the cancerous ashes & bones. Be thankful where you are, your government is not recycling the seawater into your drinking water. Or that you dont really know what your seafood nibbles on before they ends up on your plate.

BTW, the care and concern you wrote about your friend of 20 years.......was very 'sad'.

Edited by viciouskitty74

• 1 month later...

Bobbytin,

Bill was my late Dad's brother, So my uncle.

He was last in contact with us 6 years ago on what would have been my Dads birthday.

We have only just found out about Bills passing by doing a google search

can you tell me how he died?

as this information is not in the article