Real Thai Craftsmen In Phayao

Trex52

Anyone looking for an honest to goodness carpenter....a Thai carpenter with real tools....or an incredible tile layer in the Phayao area, PM me. After going through what I did building a new house, I can recommend these people without blinking an eye. I wish I could say that for the other crafts, but cannot. Can also recommend an excellent painter as well. Happy building and even happier enjoyment after the fact. trex

• 1 month later...

Well, after the fact, and even sadder....after I paid in full without really inspecting the final product like I should have...think fine toothed comb here....I can only recommend the carpenter fellow. If you have any tile work done, especially in an upstairs shower area, please do not ever, ever think a Thai tiler knows diddly squat about drains and making sure they are sealed. Oh sure it will look really nice when it is finished....it is when you go to use it you get the surprise! Make sure ALL grouting has been done and properly cleaned up too. And make sure any and all painters use drop cloths or paint shields...I know this is a stretch...but.... Then INSPECT IT! INSPECT IT....INSPECT IT....before you pay them!!!! It is amazing how complying they are when you still have the money you owe them. Good luck. I know now why there are mostly Burmese workers working on the new buildings at Naresuan University at Phayao instead of Thai workers. Oh if I had only known......trex

Well, after the fact, and even sadder....after I paid in full without really inspecting the final product like I should have...think fine toothed comb here....I can only recommend the carpenter fellow. If you have any tile work done, especially in an upstairs shower area, please do not ever, ever think a Thai tiler knows diddly squat about drains and making sure they are sealed. Oh sure it will look really nice when it is finished....it is when you go to use it you get the surprise! Make sure ALL grouting has been done and properly cleaned up too. And make sure any and all painters use drop cloths or paint shields...I know this is a stretch...but.... Then INSPECT IT! INSPECT IT....INSPECT IT....before you pay them!!!! It is amazing how complying they are when you still have the money you owe them. Good luck. I know now why there are mostly Burmese workers working on the new buildings at Naresuan University at Phayao instead of Thai workers. Oh if I had only known......trex

Useful information. Thanks!

I was away working and my wife caught a guy (workmen sic!) pouring thinners and the idiot didn't use a drop cloth and spilt it on our newly stained and varnished hardwood floor. What does he say to my wife...mai pen rai. He never corrected the damage. My response when I got home, found out, saw the mess and the guy was still workiong there and he wanted extra money to repair the damage.... GET OUT NOW...!!!

Edited by Garry