How To Delete Wifi Access Point

p_brownstone

I have a WiFi network set up in my Home / Office but because of the thick construction of one particular wall the Signal in part of the building was quite weak.

Recently I installed a Repeater - which involved setting up a new Access Point on the main Computer - and the Signal is now excellent.

The problem I have is with my Laptop, it still detects both the Access Points and I think in some way they are interfering with each other.

The Laptop was set up to connect automatically to the 1st AP, but after the new AP was set up I changed the settings to connect automatically to the 2nd - new - AP, which it apparently does, but I can never get an immediate Internet Connection. I have to Disconnect from AP 2, then the Laptop connects automatically to AP 1 and again I have to Disconnect from that, then I manually re-connect to AP 2 and usually everything is fine and I get an Internet connection (however sometimes I have to perform this procedure 1 or 2 times more).

I want to get rid of the 1st AP on the Laptop (running Windows Vista) to see if this solves my problem - can anyone explain, step by step, exactly how to do this?

Patrick

Patrick, go to Control Panel/Network and Internet/Manage Wireless Networks. You can get there from the Start button or right click on your wireless icon in the lower right hand corner. From there, you can delete/modify any networks that your computer remembers.