Question For Other True Connection Adsl Users

Viciouss

Hey, I recently got a true adsl connection when i moved here but now that I have it i wish i read up on the company first :/. Anyways Im seeing other internet gamers using true getting pings better then 1000. When I play any online game for example world of warcraft to the US servers I can't get anything better then about 5000 ping. Basically any online game is unplayable due to the huge lag spikes. I was wondering if everyone has an icon on their system tray which states local area connection, or local area connection 2 depending on if you have another one enabled. But for this connection which comes about when I turn on the ADSL modem it says its status is limited or no connectivity. When I sign onto true then i get another connection icon thing which says true and the connection speed. Is this icon not supposed to be there which states limited or no connectivity or do other people have it? Im wondering why my true 1meg connection is worse compared to everyone elses already bad performance. I'm located in Bangkok and have the connection hooked up to my apartment.

My guess is you have everything setup 100% fine. Windows often times presents icons for non working net connections and vice-versa. Don't sweat it.

As for True, yeah their speed sucks big time. I am unfortunately stuck with them as my entire condo was wired with True. Am getting on average no better than 56k dialup speeds on a 1024k ADSL connection. At night a little improved, daytime far worse than dialup. I used to have a 4096/512 and it was NO BETTER!!! If anyone before had told me the speed would be THIS bad I'd have laughed. Now I'm crying. When I move to a new condo I'm making a point to ensure they don't use True first, and I've also cancelled my Orange mobile (related company) account just out of spite. I've called True customer support which is pointless as they seem to have a canned response, as I'm sure they must get this complaint hundreds of times a week. If you can bite the bullet and forgo your depost and switch to another provider -- DO IT!

When I sign onto true then i get another connection icon thing which says true and the connection speed. Is this icon not supposed to be there which states limited or no connectivity or do other people have it? Im wondering why my true 1meg connection is worse compared to everyone elses already bad performance. I'm located in Bangkok and have the connection hooked up to my apartment.

I got my True adsl connection basic (cheapest) package wireless installed 1 month ago and was quite satisfied with the speed the first few weeks. I then left for some travel and I fear that when I come back I will have same snail speed experience as I have read elsewhere that True gives new subscribers a free upgrade the first month, to spread the word.... I guess I can hope that not too many in my area use True - giving me a bit more band with?

Will update here in a few weeks. Cheers!

Yep it all seems allright in your set up.

True SUCKS big time. Their customer "support" is totally inept.

I have a 2560/512 connection, which several months ago gave me 350/300 or so and now it's 80/50 or so.... dramatic.

Point is they keep signing people up. According to the article in the Nation today ("True acts to speed up broadband service" pg 4B) they went from 190.000 to 300.000 customers in 6 months. And of course without any planning as they only now requested CAT for more international bandwith (and did not get it according to customer support). it's a shame these people are still allowed to do business.

According to the article several people complained about the speed, I think it is many. If this continues I think a rally in front of their office is in place...see if we can beat the Honda CRV "cases".

Thoughts ?

My guess is you have everything setup 100% fine. Windows often times presents icons for non working net connections and vice-versa. Don't sweat it.

As for True, yeah their speed sucks big time. I am unfortunately stuck with them as my entire condo was wired with True. Am getting on average no better than 56k dialup speeds on a 1024k ADSL connection. At night a little improved, daytime far worse than dialup. I used to have a 4096/512 and it was NO BETTER!!! If anyone before had told me the speed would be THIS bad I'd have laughed. Now I'm crying. When I move to a new condo I'm making a point to ensure they don't use True first, and I've also cancelled my Orange mobile (related company) account just out of spite. I've called True customer support which is pointless as they seem to have a canned response, as I'm sure they must get this complaint hundreds of times a week. If you can bite the bullet and forgo your depost and switch to another provider -- DO IT!

When I sign onto true then i get another connection icon thing which says true and the connection speed. Is this icon not supposed to be there which states limited or no connectivity or do other people have it? Im wondering why my true 1meg connection is worse compared to everyone elses already bad performance. I'm located in Bangkok and have the connection hooked up to my apartment.

In another forum (not TV), a Thai guy was saying that he was satisfied with True since they unoficially guarantee (unoficial, since it's nowhere to be found on the contract) 60% speed on international transfers. Now, I really think this is total bull, but the guy seems to believe it. Either that, or he's working for True. I personally have not seen how this can be true (pun intended), and in my experience whatever effective speed you get, you're stuck with, no matter how much you complain. I once complained about the speed, and as a result got my ADSL service cut for nearly a week.

It's worth a try, though. Try calling True's customer service and start complaining, and ask about the 60% guarantee. Who knows, you might get some results... such as getting your service cut.

I think these problems at True must be local neighborhood oversubscription or something!

Our 1024/512 service in Bangkoknoi (Pinklao area) is doing better these days than it was in the past year in terms of consistency. I still see the odd blip where ping times shoot up to several seconds to the US for an hour or two, and I assume that is some significant configuration error or overload in the True or CAT backbone circuits. The rest of the time, I see 240-300 ms pings to different parts of the US.

I can now usually do VOIP calls over the regular flat-rate service w/ just a bit of occasional garbling, whereas a few months ago I had to always switch to the metered "bandwidth on demand" service in order to get a connection to stay up at all.

I regularly see 300-500 Kb/s download rates to BKK from a computer in the US that I think is capped at 640 kb/s upload. I frequently get closer to 1 Mb/s when I download large files from real servers, but that does fluctuate more with the time of day. In the upload direction, it seems I can usually get close to 500 kb/s from here to the US.

Hey, I recently got a true adsl connection when i moved here but now that I have it i wish i read up on the company first :/. Anyways Im seeing other internet gamers using true getting pings better then 1000. When I play any online game for example world of warcraft to the US servers I can't get anything better then about 5000 ping. Basically any online game is unplayable due to the huge lag spikes. I was wondering if everyone has an icon on their system tray which states local area connection, or local area connection 2 depending on if you have another one enabled. But for this connection which comes about when I turn on the ADSL modem it says its status is limited or no connectivity. When I sign onto true then i get another connection icon thing which says true and the connection speed. Is this icon not supposed to be there which states limited or no connectivity or do other people have it? Im wondering why my true 1meg connection is worse compared to everyone elses already bad performance. I'm located in Bangkok and have the connection hooked up to my apartment.

Hi. If you have a look though this forum you will see many people are having troblue with World of Warcraft. This seems to be a problem Thailand wide (not 100% sure) but we do know it is not limited to True. It is a blzzard issue and have a search for more thoughts and such.

This does not answer you other True specific questsions.

Khun-Aus

According to the article in the Nation today ("True acts to speed up broadband service" pg 4B)

Just looked up the article you mentioned, it's here: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/pag...118711&usrsess=

Thanks for the info, though it doesn't make me feel any better about True

Interesting article. True uses half of Thailand's BW. My question is, why does CAT not purchase more international BW to allocate to this country's IPSs? Is this a technical, economic or political issue?

I think financial...in True's favor, ripping their customers. As according to the Nation article in 6 months they added 110.000 customers at let's say 800 THB per month = 88 MILLION THB x 6. We are talking they grossed 528 MILLION THB extra in just 6 months without much extra investment. Great business (on other people's money....). But....what comes around goes around !

According to the article in the Nation today ("True acts to speed up broadband service" pg 4B)

Just looked up the article you mentioned, it's here: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/search/pag...118711&usrsess=

Thanks for the info, though it doesn't make me feel any better about True

Interesting article. True uses half of Thailand's BW. My question is, why does CAT not purchase more international BW to allocate to this country's IPSs? Is this a technical, economic or political issue?

Thanks for the replies all, one more question is there anyone playing any online games with other ISP providers such as CSLOX and others getting good results with them? It doesnt seem with just wow but any other online games im playing is basically unplayable with true. Anyways if other people in Bangkok are getting better results with other ISP's i hope to make the switch. Bah why did my landlord have to reccomend true to me in the first place :/

I think these problems at True must be local neighborhood oversubscription or something!

Our 1024/512 service in Bangkoknoi (Pinklao area) is doing better these days than it was in the past year in terms of consistency.

I'm in Bangna, same plan. Total crap speeds.