Best Non-Bank Money Exchange In Pattaya

scorecard

Did anyone use these places today?

Wondering what rate people might have got as I went to Big C today and got 46.36 to the £.

TT was 46.65 today

That will mean that the other two were 46.70

Thanks for that info :)

Yes the two money exchanges in Soi Diana - always higher than TT by a fraction

Opposite Areca Lodge and next to LK Renaissance and the other one is directly opposite same side as Areca

Others talk about the money exchange in Tops Supermarket - corner of Pattaya Klang and 2nd Road BR side - depends on your location

Hello thanks for that. I walked from Pattaya Klang and checked out Tops before heading off and can confirm the best rate was the money changer up soi Diana. The Areca Lodge side one near the Family Mart beat the lot. It also beat the Chinese looking money changer next door to Meeting Point bar on 2nd road, good advice thank you.

Opposite Areca Lodge and next to LK Renaissance and the other one is directly opposite same side as Areca

Others talk about the money exchange in Tops Supermarket - corner of Pattaya Klang and 2nd Road BR side - depends on your location

Thanks.

Handy to know.smile.png

Hello thanks for that. I walked from Pattaya Klang and checked out Tops before heading off and can confirm the best rate was the money changer up soi Diana. The Areca Lodge side one near the Family Mart beat the lot. It also beat the Chinese looking money changer next door to Meeting Point bar on 2nd road, good advice thank you.

At Tops don't rely on what you see on board you need to talk to them and try and bargain the rate.

They often give a lower rate than listed on the board.

At Tops don't rely on what you see on board you need to talk to them and try and bargain the rate.

They often give a lower rate than listed on the board.

Good point, It would be nice to know if Ling Kae actually went up to the second floor of Tops, or just checked the exchange on the main floor.

I haven't exchanged currencies in Pattaya for years, but previously Bank Gold on Soi Rungland, Yengjit on Walking Street and lately second floor of Tops have been know to have the best rates in town. However it's quite possible that TT has better rates these days.

Edited by MTH

• 7 months later...

Posted quotes are not always better at Areca Lodge exchanges. In my experience most of the time T.T. exchange are generally the same. Also if you are exchanging a decent sum > $1,000 you can get a better quote by asking the girl at T.T. to ring her boss. He will for sure better the posted rate and the rate at the Areca Lodge exchanges. A word of caution. If the girl refuses to ring her boss then walk to the next T.T and ask the girl at that kiosk. Some of the girls if they are new do not know about "Ring the Boss" and if you are changing $100 then don't waste your time asking.

So far every time I asked at the Areca lodge exchanges for them to Ring the Boss they refused and pointed at the posted rate on the window.

Hope this Helps.

Den.

This topic is 3.5yrs old, and if you're not exchanging a considerable amount (lets say $10, or 20,000) I think the 1st reply answered the question.

If you're trying to exchange anymore than that amount, you really shouldn't be asking the question!

• 1 year later...